Can A President Tell The Supreme Court How To Decide Cases?

Independentthinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
I'm wondering why Biden thinks he can tell the Supreme Court how to decide a case. Why would Biden even "urge" the Supreme Court how to decide his way unless he thinks he has some kind of power or influence over it? I'm fine with a president asking the Supreme Court to make a decision on a matter but not to "urge" the court to make a particular decision, one way or another. The justices should make their decisions based on the law, not based on what someone tells them how to decide a case, even the president.

He absolutely has influence. He's the president. Trying to make things happen with the weight of his opinions is part of what presidents do.

I'm wondering why Biden thinks he can tell the Supreme Court how to decide a case. Why would Biden even "urge" the Supreme Court how to decide his way unless he thinks he has some kind of power or influence over it? I'm fine with a president asking the Supreme Court to make a decision on a matter but not to "urge" the court to make a particular decision, one way or another. The justices should make their decisions based on the law, not based on what someone tells them how to decide a case, even the president.

Roberts took Trump to the woodshed over one of his retarded rants about the court. The problem with the ex game show host is he doesn't know when to shut his big ignorant mouth.

Trump's mouth is bigger then his ass.

You've hopped right over the basics. The Scotus judges had already make their decisions on the major issues when they were appointed.

Yet you seem to be opposed to the highest office in the land being prohibited from voicing his opinions!

And then of course you're trying to promote a lie by suggesting that Biden can tell the Scotus how to decide on the issues.

You've hopped right over the basics. The Scotus judges had already make their decisions on the major issues when they were appointed.

Yet you seem to be opposed to the highest office in the land being prohibited from voicing his opinions!

And then of course you're trying to promote a lie by suggesting that Biden can tell the Scotus how to decide on the issues.
Why would Biden say that unless he felt he could tell the Court how to decide? He wasn't expressing an opinion. He was "urging" the Court to decide in his favor.

Why would Biden say that unless he felt he could tell the Court how to decide? He wasn't expressing an opinion. He was "urging" the Court to decide in his favor.
Biden knows he can't tell the court how to decide.

Obviously you don't because you're having a hissy fit over what he said.

He absolutely has influence. He's the president. Trying to make things happen with the weight of his opinions is part of what presidents do.
I disagree. A president should not be "urging" any court to decide a particular way.

Biden knows he can't tell the court how to decide.

Obviously you don't because you're having a hissy fit over what he said.
Oh, now I understand. You're saying that Biden is too stupid to realize that he can't tell the Court how to decide.

this is a gross disregard for the Constitution and separation of powers

Demafascict have no respect for the rule of law and our Constitution

Urging is fair game too.
But take it a step further on the question of a president appointing politically biased judges?

I have a hunch Biden would attempt to do that too if he's given the opportunity.

But wouldn't loading up the court by Biden increasing the number of judges, be of more importance to all Americans? Especially when knowing that they would be chosen based on biased politics?

He's in no way obligated to be impartial here, and that's coming from somebody that's not a fan of Biden.
I just don't understand the thought process of Biden telling the justices how they should decide a case, like they should listen to him and decide his way, especially when the Court leans conservative 6-3. Why would he think that what he says would have any influence on the Court?

I just don't understand the thought process of Biden telling the justices how they should decide a case, like they should listen to him and decide his way, especially when the Court leans conservative 6-3. Why would he think that what he says would have any influence on the Court?
It's most likely just lip service to his followers. He wants to be on record saying what he's supposed to say.

He's in no way obligated to be impartial here, and that's coming from somebody that's not a fan of Biden.
He really blew it on this one and might just not be smart enough to realize his mistake?
A sign of the times or a shift in the Trump dogma?
I don't usually join with the others on shtting on this nonsense but this took the blue ribbon!

Forum List

Back