Calling Someone a "Traitor" Is Legally Actionable as Slander

The anonimity of message boards complicate this, as most all posters are not making their statements under oath or in connection with their real world identities.

The anonimity of message boards complicate this, as most all posters are not making their statements under oath or in connection with their real world identities.
An oath is only relevant for Perjury cases. Law enforcement agencies can trace an internet post to its origin. All they need is a warrant signed by a judge.

An oath is only relevant for Perjury cases. Law enforcement agencies can trace an internet post to its origin. All they need is a warrant signed by a judge.
Would they truly want to trace down some anonymous poster that said so and so was a traitor? I've seen many message boarders say ridiculous things.

Would they truly want to trace down some anonymous poster that said so and so was a traitor? I've seen many message boarders say ridiculous things.
It rather depends on the victim. If he or she is running for public office or being considered for an important position, they might take action. Most accusations are ignored because the accuser has no money and could not pay a judgement.

Legal Definition of Slander | UpCounsel 2022.

If the accusation is in public writing, it would be "Libel".
What about calling people a fascist or semi-fascist?

Oh no, that is OK!!!

Pardon the hell out of me.

1666170827043.png

It rather depends on the victim. If he or she is running for public office or being considered for an important position, they might take action. Most accusations are ignored because the accuser has no money and could not pay a judgement.
Or wasn't serious or even possible.

Defamation is always serious when a man's reputation is harmed. The Washington Post settled such a case for several million recently. Alan Dershowitz, the law professor is suing CNN for $300 million
Only if you're a person of value either monetarily or in noteriety. Common folks like me can get slandered and backstabbed all the way to kingdom come and politibitches aint gonna stop a thing.

Only if you're a person of value either monetarily or in noteriety. Common folks like me can get slandered and backstabbed all the way to kingdom come and politibitches aint gonna stop a thing.

Nonsense. The Washington Post judgement was made to a teenager.

They're not into fixing problems with permanent solutions, they want an endless churning that fits into a word game thats why theyre called pipple of the o fice

I aint gonna argue. I want swift action not blah blah blah

Excuse me while I walk away casually from this quagmire called politics. You contact me when theres business I can profit from at hand, otherwise I am not available.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back