Calling Rational Democrats...

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
As I look at the perverse Beauty Contest that is the selection process for former VP Biden to choose a running mate, it occurs to me that he has apparently and promiscuously disqualified the largest cadre of eminently qualified people in the country: White Men.

Given Mr. Biden's advanced age and apparent mental deterioration, one might say that his VP pick is one of the most important political decisions of This Generation. And in this case - even more so than usual - we are talking about someone who MUST BE PREPARED to be President of the United States in the foreseeable future.

Any rational selection process would be seeking someone with both legislative and significant executive experience, along with intimate knowledge of how things work at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. None of the people being bandied about - all of whom are women - have serious qualifications. It is as though the minimalist resume of Barry Soetoro is now the standard for Democrats...If you've ever given a good speech and then been an insignificant back-bencher in Congress...You're Good Enough.

But let me throw a hat in the ring. Rahm Israel Emanuel spent several terms in Congress, was White House Chief of Staff, and did a creditable job in one of the most difficult Mayoral offices in the country, if not the world. I'm not a Rahm fan, but for goodness sake, he is eminently qualified to be Joe Biden's VP pick - much more so than Senator K. Harris (D-CA), or Stacey Fucking Abrams! If I were a rational Democrat (hold the laughter), I would be exerting my microscopic influence to get the Biden camp to knock off the tokenist bullshit and select a credible VP nominee.

If the Party is so bent on pandering that a rational selection is not politically feasible - it would antagonize the lock-step Black voters - then we are pretty much fucked. If that's the case, then he should go ahead and nominate that racist bitch from Georgia and let the cards fall where they may.

As I look at the perverse Beauty Contest that is the selection process for former VP Biden to choose a running mate, it occurs to me that he has apparently and promiscuously disqualified the largest cadre of eminently qualified people in the country: White Men.

Given Mr. Biden's advanced age and apparent mental deterioration, one might say that his VP pick is one of the most important political decisions of This Generation. And in this case - even more so than usual - we are talking about someone who MUST BE PREPARED to be President of the United States in the foreseeable future.

Any rational selection process would be seeking someone with both legislative and significant executive experience, along with intimate knowledge of how things work at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. None of the people being bandied about - all of whom are women - have serious qualifications. It is as though the minimalist resume of Barry Soetoro is now the standard for Democrats...If you've ever given a good speech and then been an insignificant back-bencher in Congress...You're Good Enough.

But let me throw a hat in the ring. Rahm Israel Emanuel spent several terms in Congress, was White House Chief of Staff, and did a creditable job in one of the most difficult Mayoral offices in the country, if not the world. I'm not a Rahm fan, but for goodness sake, he is eminently qualified to be Joe Biden's VP pick - much more so than Senator K. Harris (D-CA), or Stacey Fucking Abrams! If I were a rational Democrat (hold the laughter), I would be exerting my microscopic influence to get the Biden camp to knock off the tokenist bullshit and select a credible VP nominee.

If the Party is so bent on pandering that a rational selection is not politically feasible - it would antagonize the lock-step Black voters - then we are pretty much fucked. If that's the case, then he should go ahead and nominate that racist bitch from Georgia and let the cards fall where they may.

Cuomo

So, this is a Unicorn calling contest?

Thanks for your input, but since the decision is none of your fuckin business, I suggest your time might be better spent worrying about the idiot on your side of the ticket.

Thanks for your input, but since the decision is none of your fuckin business, I suggest your time might be better spent worrying about the idiot on your side of the ticket.

You mean the president, who is virtually guaranteed a second term at this point?

You traitors are going to get violent, aren't you? Then you'll wonder why the military doesn't back up your treason...

You mean the president, who is virtually guaranteed a second term at this point?

You traitors are going to get violent, aren't you? Then you'll wonder why the military doesn't back up your treason...
Nope, it's you guys who have all the guns and the violent, right-wing extremists. The only thing we have to counteract you fools is Antifa, thank goodness!

Your first mistake is thinking only white men are qualified to lead the nation. A clear progressive is absolutely needed to turn-out the most marginalized voters in America. Biden is already the corporate white guy compromise here for a party that has grown weary of big business sellouts.

Your first mistake is thinking only white men are qualified to lead the nation. A clear progressive is absolutely needed to turn-out the most marginalized voters in America. Biden is already the corporate white guy compromise here for a party that has grown weary of big business sellouts.
The most marginalized voters in America are Conservative women.

So, good luck with that.

I see you're having those wet dreams about a civil war again.

we will have a civil war before long. It’s inevitable. Especially when Democrats insist on keeping Americans out of work

I see you're having those wet dreams about a civil war again.

we will have a civil war before long. It’s inevitable. Especially when Democrats insist on keeping Americans out of work
Nah -- the Republicans keep talking about civil war, but deep down, they won't upset the apple cart if Biden wins the election. They have it too good in this country, white privilege and all!

Emanuel was one of the crooks who ran Freddie Mac and made profits from the housing bubble recession.

Sorry, we're fresh out of rational democrats.

I agree with you about Rahm. And K. Harris. So Joe has decided it has to be a female, or is that just conjecture?

Forum List

Back