Calling it quits: Wave of Democrat retirements could gift Senate majority to GOP in 2024

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I wouldn't count on it. The Republicans will find a way to blow it. They'll nominate another slate of Trumpy candidates and get their clock cleaned just like they did last year and the year before and the year before...

Warren, Tim Kaine, and 1 more Senator i forgot are all Dems running for re-election

I wouldn't count on it. The Republicans will find a way to blow it. They'll nominate another slate of Trumpy candidates and get their clock cleaned just like they did last year and the year before and the year before...

Republicans should take the Senate in 2024
Unless they run MAGA Candidates

Republicans……Do you feel Lucky?

seems they want out before their legislative fertilizer hits the economic fan
~S~
1674412808015.jpeg

There is certainly that. They have name recognition and special credentials to command speaking fees, get book deals, lucrative job offers etc. etc. now and they know if they get out of Congress now they won't get blamed for the consequences of the legislation they voted for. And they don't risk the possibility of losing their next election if the legislative fertilizer hits the economic fan before they bail.

Republicans should take the Senate in 2024
Unless they run MAGA Candidates

Republicans……Do you feel Lucky?
You sure you want to go with that? According the Ballotpedia, 83% of Trump endorsed candidates won their general elections in 2022. 93% of Trump endorsed primary candidates won their elections.

The Republicans will find a way to blow it.
With McConnell in the Senate, all things are possible.

They'll nominate another slate of Trumpy candidates and get their clock cleaned just like they did last year
I guess you didn't know that those "Trumpy" candidates now control a wide swath of the country

MAGA House.png

And got everything they wanted from McCarthy and now control the direction of the House.

special credentials to command speaking fees, get book deals, lucrative job offers etc. etc.
i'll wager a good portion become lobbyists for the very agenda's they rode on into Congress for in the first place
And got everything they wanted from McCarthy and now control the direction of the House.
kinda like those few sorts that went up to the stern of the titanic?
Titanic%27s_sinking_stern.jpg

~S~

Forum List

Back