Call Him Reverend King

What kind of Doctor or Reverend beats up on women?

Spouse abuse covers all the socio-economic ranges. I am sure plenty of Drs and Revs have hit their significant others. That does not excuse any of them. But don't pretend it is anything with Dr. King.
The 62-year-old activist, who cradled the dying King after an assassin's bullet cut him down in 1968, did not simply sit still for the criticism. He blitzed through appearances on the morning TV talk shows and sat for a session of Donahue, defending his book at every step. "In all honesty, in all fairness, it happened," he insists. Abernathy's damning charge is that King spent the last night of his life enjoying two successive extramarital liaisons, followed by a knockdown motel-room fight with a third woman. The evening began after King delivered his stirring "I've been to the mountaintop" speech at the Masonic Temple in Memphis. Abernathy writes that afterward he, King and a civil-rights colleague, the Reverend Bernard Lee, went for a late-night dinner at the home of a woman friend of King's. When Abernathy awoke from a postprandial nap in a living-room easy chair at around 1 A.M., he says he found Lee asleep on the couch and King emerging from the bedroom with his female friend.

The three men then returned to the Lorraine Motel, writes Abernathy, where they found King's brother, the Reverend A.D. King, and a black woman legislator from Kentucky who had come expressly to see Martin. King did not disappoint her, according to Abernathy. Finally, at 7 or 8 A.M., King reportedly returned to the room he shared with Abernathy to ask him to help calm a third woman who was, King said, "mad at me. She came in this morning and found my bed empty." Abernathy's implication is clear: King, a married man, had been unfaithful even in his unfaithfulness. When the young woman in question arrived, and her argument with King grew increasingly heated, says Abernathy, the venerated civil-rights leader "knocked her across the bed...and for a moment they were in a full-blown fight, with Martin clearly winning."

A Bitter Battle Erupts Over the Last Hours of Martin Luther King : People.com

What kind of Doctor or Reverend beats up on women?

Spouse abuse covers all the socio-economic ranges. I am sure plenty of Drs and Revs have hit their significant others. That does not excuse any of them. But don't pretend it is anything with Dr. King.
The 62-year-old activist, who cradled the dying King after an assassin's bullet cut him down in 1968, did not simply sit still for the criticism. He blitzed through appearances on the morning TV talk shows and sat for a session of Donahue, defending his book at every step. "In all honesty, in all fairness, it happened," he insists. Abernathy's damning charge is that King spent the last night of his life enjoying two successive extramarital liaisons, followed by a knockdown motel-room fight with a third woman. The evening began after King delivered his stirring "I've been to the mountaintop" speech at the Masonic Temple in Memphis. Abernathy writes that afterward he, King and a civil-rights colleague, the Reverend Bernard Lee, went for a late-night dinner at the home of a woman friend of King's. When Abernathy awoke from a postprandial nap in a living-room easy chair at around 1 A.M., he says he found Lee asleep on the couch and King emerging from the bedroom with his female friend.

The three men then returned to the Lorraine Motel, writes Abernathy, where they found King's brother, the Reverend A.D. King, and a black woman legislator from Kentucky who had come expressly to see Martin. King did not disappoint her, according to Abernathy. Finally, at 7 or 8 A.M., King reportedly returned to the room he shared with Abernathy to ask him to help calm a third woman who was, King said, "mad at me. She came in this morning and found my bed empty." Abernathy's implication is clear: King, a married man, had been unfaithful even in his unfaithfulness. When the young woman in question arrived, and her argument with King grew increasingly heated, says Abernathy, the venerated civil-rights leader "knocked her across the bed...and for a moment they were in a full-blown fight, with Martin clearly winning."

A Bitter Battle Erupts Over the Last Hours of Martin Luther King : People.com

I am not going to try and justify any of King's extramarital affairs or this statement about him hitting a woman. It was all absolutely wrong.

But I am also not going to worry about any of it much. Few men have done so much for a people. Is he a saint? Hell no. Did he do something worthy of much admiration and do it in a manner worthy of emulation? Certainly.

I didn't know dat...

350px-Martin-Luther-King-1964-leaning-on-a-lectern.jpg

Call Him Reverend King

January 20, 2014
By Kevin Jackson

You probably don't know who Reverend Michael King, Jr was.

That's because Reverend Michael King, Jr is the only private citizen to have a national holiday in his honor, and is Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

King's father changed his and his son's names to Martin Luther in honor of the German reformer, Martin Luther.

So why is Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr, now referred to as Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr?

It's simple.

The Left wants no remnants of the Christian revolution that changed this country. They want to make people forget that the biggest change to happen to American since the Civil War was led by a black Christian who was also a Republican.

Referring to King as "Dr. King" implies that the Civil Rights movement was led by an academic, that academia brought us "change we can believe in."

Liberals believe in their educations, even if they have not a lick of practical experience or even common sense. Ph.D. King can lead a revolution, but a Republican pastor cannot be put in charge. That role is exclusively for black demagogues and fake reverends.

"Reverend" Jesse Jackson has no degree in Divinity. Jackson is a theology school dropout, having left the Chicago Theological Seminary in 1966 to "focus full-time on the civil rights movement." I think he meant the Civil Unrest movement.

As for "Reverend" Al Sharpton, he never even attended seminary. Sharpton attended Brooklyn College and dropped out in 1975, after just two years. But Sharpton did something better. He was befriended and mentored by "Reverend" Jackson.

Here is a quote from black Liberals' holy man Sharpton about his influences:

"What I do functionally is what Dr. King, Reverend Jackson and the movement are all about; but I learned manhood from James Brown. I always say that James Brown taught me how to be a man."

Two college dropouts who have "honorary" titles. With credentials like Jackson and Sharpton, anybody can call themselves a "reverend." Hell, even Elizabeth Warren can be a reverend, as I'm sure she has thought about church or driven by one on her way to the university.

Read more: Articles: Call Him Reverend King
Follow us: [MENTION=20123]American[/MENTION]Thinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Another Pub far-rightie who doesn't know that the during 1860's the Republicans were the progressive party of change and tolerance.

In other words, back then the GOP was LIBERAL.

When you drop out of high school or fail U.S. History you end up making idiotic posts like the one above.

I didn't know dat...

350px-Martin-Luther-King-1964-leaning-on-a-lectern.jpg

Call Him Reverend King

January 20, 2014
By Kevin Jackson

You probably don't know who Reverend Michael King, Jr was.

That's because Reverend Michael King, Jr is the only private citizen to have a national holiday in his honor, and is Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

King's father changed his and his son's names to Martin Luther in honor of the German reformer, Martin Luther.

So why is Reverend Martin Luther King, Jr, now referred to as Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr?

It's simple.

The Left wants no remnants of the Christian revolution that changed this country. They want to make people forget that the biggest change to happen to American since the Civil War was led by a black Christian who was also a Republican.

Referring to King as "Dr. King" implies that the Civil Rights movement was led by an academic, that academia brought us "change we can believe in."

Liberals believe in their educations, even if they have not a lick of practical experience or even common sense. Ph.D. King can lead a revolution, but a Republican pastor cannot be put in charge. That role is exclusively for black demagogues and fake reverends.

"Reverend" Jesse Jackson has no degree in Divinity. Jackson is a theology school dropout, having left the Chicago Theological Seminary in 1966 to "focus full-time on the civil rights movement." I think he meant the Civil Unrest movement.

As for "Reverend" Al Sharpton, he never even attended seminary. Sharpton attended Brooklyn College and dropped out in 1975, after just two years. But Sharpton did something better. He was befriended and mentored by "Reverend" Jackson.

Here is a quote from black Liberals' holy man Sharpton about his influences:

"What I do functionally is what Dr. King, Reverend Jackson and the movement are all about; but I learned manhood from James Brown. I always say that James Brown taught me how to be a man."

Two college dropouts who have "honorary" titles. With credentials like Jackson and Sharpton, anybody can call themselves a "reverend." Hell, even Elizabeth Warren can be a reverend, as I'm sure she has thought about church or driven by one on her way to the university.

Read more: Articles: Call Him Reverend King
Follow us: [MENTION=20123]American[/MENTION]Thinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Another Pub far-rightie who doesn't know that the during 1860's the Republicans were the progressive party of change and tolerance.

In other words, back then the GOP was LIBERAL.

When you drop out of high school or fail U.S. History you end up making idiotic posts like the one above.

Hey nut, All you liberals are the same, like your avatar, it's an oxymoron. You'll realize that one day when your heads are rolling around on da ground...:smiliehug:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back