California Votes Down Bill To Make Human Trafficking a Violent Crime

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Unbelievable. Looks like California Democrat lawmakers, are ok with children being used in the sex trade.

Lawmakers in California have voted down a bill that would have made human trafficking a violent crime in the state.

Senate Bill 1042, introduced by Republican state Senator Shannon Grove, would have changed California law to include human trafficking in the list of crimes that are classed as "violent" and "serious." Under current California law, human trafficking is defined as a "non-serious" and "non-violent" crime.

"If the politicians in this building fail to pass this bill, they are complicit in sex trafficking," Patterson said, according to KTXL.
IE "they are pro-pedophile"

"it was also opposed by some criminal justice reform advocacy groups.

“As direct service providers and organizations who interact and support survivors of human trafficking, we know that victims and survivors of human trafficking are often misidentified as perpetrators and arrested for human trafficking,” Free to Thrive, a group that advocates for human trafficking survivors, said in a statement, according to the Sacramento Bee
."

Well that's stupid. I wonder why they downvoted it?
From reading the article, I got the impression it might be because victims and survivors are sometimes charged by mistake. Many here concerned about the pedo angle, but that really wasn't much of the story, apparently just the only thing people on here care about. Pretty weird, though if California voted down classifying the crime of human trafficking as "violent or serious" because they get it wrong so often as to endanger victims and survivors. It sure does not say much for state investigation accuracy, prosecutorial acumen or the trial system in that strange state.

Last edited:
Oh for God's sake...the VIOLENT crime designation is to indicate that the perpetrator is a danger to the general public, which is not the case for a human trafficking defendant.

The legislature is acting rationally. The people getting fired up about it? Not so sure.

immigrationbidenhumantrafficker.jpg

Unbelievable. Looks like California Democrat lawmakers, are ok with children being used in the sex trade.

California has long been involved in decriminalizing almost everything. Even knowingly having unprotected sex with another and not informing them of your positive HIV status is no longer a crime there. Most theft is ignored, and even violent assaults are commonly ignored.

Nothing in that state surprises me anymore. Which is a major reason why I left it.

Heck, they just announced they want to end the sale of new gasoline powered cars within 13 years. Not sure how they are going to do that, I doubt that will pass a Constitutional test. And all it will do is encourage even more people to leave, or simply register their cars out of state.

Not surprised after seeing the article about the Oakland school district and the "transition closet" I sure am glad I got out of that shithole. Gas prices there have kept any desire to return completely out of my head. It is a shame what the leftists have done to an absolutely beautiful state.

This is how they fudge their real violent crime numbers. They just dont qualify horrific shit as violent, easy peasy.

Forum List

Back