California Laws Raise Prices and Inflation, cargo ship crisis

You don't know the difference between a truck and a truck driver?

That explains so much

Ya know what you CAN'T EXPLAIN? The backlog of ships off Georgia (Savannah)
You know what I do not need to explain, the backlog of ships off of Georgia cause this OP is about California and the environmental laws they passed that banned half the semi-trucks in the USA.

This installed Prez and his Admin. was so NOT READY FOR PRIMETIME!!
Not to mention, that the Democrats of the Federal Government will not do a thing to interfere with the Grand Experiment which is California. The Democrats will never admit the failure of their Climate Change strategy.

Wow, it looks like California has unloaded plenty of ships, as we can see in this picture the shipping containers are piling up at the port because they do not have the trucks with "truckers" to haul them across the country.
cargo containers.jpg

You ignore that which shoots holes in your bullshit
Oh, and lets be clear -- Savannah handles about 20% of the traffic that LA/LB does - thus, any effect its current backlog may have on the transportation problems in the US is, at best, small.

Oh, and as to your repeated lies regarding Jacksonville...
JAX handles about 75% of the traffic Miami does.

Oh, and lets be clear -- Savannah handles about 20% of the traffic that LA/LB does - thus, any effect its current backlog may have on the transportation problems in the US is, at best, small.

Oh, and as to your repeated lies regarding Jacksonville...
JAX handles about 75% of the traffic Miami does.

The ONLY reason that Savannah isn’t more backed up is because it receives less cargo but it is STILL BACKED UP.

I guess those Georgia emission standards are impacting those trucks too huh?

The primary reason Savannah is backed up?
Lack of unload capacity and rail infrastructure to move boxes out.
Savannah has about 1.8 miles of dock and 2.5 miles of loading track.
Drop that into LA/LB and you wouldn't notice it.
Similar to the problems occurring in California.

Thank you

I guess they can’t enter Georgia either huh?

Similar to the problems occurring in California.

Thank you
Georgia is suffering an air pollution problem just like california and has banned trucks do to emissions? That is good to know, thanks for adding that information to the thread.

the California Air Resources Board (CARB) has sought to
accelerate emissions reductions with aggressive new regulations.

CARB uses two control technologies: a diesel particle filter, which removes most particulate
matter, and selective catalytic reduction, which targets emissions of ni-
trogen oxides (NOx).2

New Rule in California Will Require Zero-Emissions Trucks​

More than half of trucks sold in the state must be zero-emissions by 2035, and all of them by 2045.

How insane, Biden should stop this. What will this do to the cost of food? To the cost of all imported goods. We are talking about 50,000 trucks? More?

I also read that they plan on an all electric port, cranes, vehicles, everything electric.

Too bad you did not actually comprehend what I wrote.
Had you, you'd realize how impossibly wrong you are.
As per the norm.
WTF are you talking about?

Where am I wrong? We both agree that Florida is not the solution to the container issue in California and neither is a "lack of trucks" the problem.

I guess they can’t enter Georgia either huh?
California has the CARB, the California Air Resources Board. This does not effect Georgia. If we go the CARB website, we find out Covid is a problem for CARB? They are unable to meet the demand that their laws, rules, and regulations has created. They are telling people that they must email scanned copies of the documents to prove compliance and become licensed to operate in California.

So are you under the belief Georgia is being governed by the California Air Resource Board.

Forum List

Back