California Laws Raise Prices and Inflation, cargo ship crisis

A. There aren't a hundred "floating off" California ya stupid fuck

B. The backlog off Georgia has been documented previously IN this fucking thread, retard
B. The backlog off Georgia has been documented previously IN this fucking thread, retard

Can you kindly provide me with the post number with that link:? I can't seem to find it. :auiqs.jpg:

Can you kindly provide me with the post number with that link:? I can't seem to find it. :auiqs.jpg:
Here shithead

Here shithead

Your link sez:

The Port of Savannah has added nearly 400 workers in the past year, expanding its workforce to about 1,520, and is already working around the clock. The authority also has a number of huge projects underway that will add to its overall capacity.

But the backup is now. Between 20 and 25 ships are anchored offshore in a queue, unable to dock until other ships are unloaded.

Your link sez:

The Port of Savannah has added nearly 400 workers in the past year, expanding its workforce to about 1,520, and is already working around the clock. The authority also has a number of huge projects underway that will add to its overall capacity.

But the backup is now. Between 20 and 25 ships are anchored offshore in a queue, unable to dock until other ships are unloaded.
Read your bolded.

Must be those California truck regs causing that huh?

Read your bolded.

Must be those California truck regs causing that huh?
Not sure why you think diverting to California in any way disputes your lies about the ports off Georgia. :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :abgg2q.jpg:

Not sure why you think diverting to California in any way disputes your lies about the ports off Georgia.
WTF are you talking about....lies.

This thread is ABOUT the stupid claims that the container ships stacked up off California are there because of California truck laws.

The fact that containers are ALSO stacked up off Georgia shows that to be bullshit.

Now go troll some other thread.

WTF are you talking about....lies.

This thread is ABOUT the stupid claims that the container ships stacked up off California are there because of California truck laws.

The fact that containers are ALSO stacked up off Georgia shows that to be bullshit.

Now go troll some other thread.
No wonder we have problems in this country. Democrats view all problems as the same despite being separated by a continent and having separate rules and regulations.

Resnic
Yup. Florida has Cape Canaveral and Tamp Bay which can handle the ships. Hope they all head for Florida. They will get unloaded.

If Democrats in Congress succeed this will be coming to all 50 states.

It's not a lack of trucks...so much as a lack of TRUCKERS cause ya know...truck driving schools were CLOSED for a year
:lol:
Who told you this?

There is a shortage of trucks and drivers because it is very very expensive for companies to operate in/out of the ports due to CA's environmental and union regulations. Many companies have shut down their port/steamship container operations and handle domestic rail traffic exclusively.

Note that this has an effect of increasing costs for goods going TO the west coast because shippeersm who previous used 40/45' steamship containers to move their freight are now forced to use 53' equipment at a much higher cost.

Why can't they use 40/45s? Because the trucking companies cannot/will not termonate the equipment at the ports, and there is an ongoing, and immense, shorrtage of 40/45' chassis - especially in LA.

:lol:
Who told you this?

There is a shortage of trucks and drivers because it is very very expensive for companies to operate in/out of the ports due to CA's environmental and union regulations. Many companies have shut down their port/steamship container operations and handle domestic rail traffic exclusively.

Note that this has an effect of increasing costs for goods going TO the west coast because shippeersm who previous used 40/45' steamship containers to move their freight are now forced to use 53' equipment at a much higher cost.

Why can't they use 40/45s? Because the trucking companies cannot/will not termonate the equipment at the ports, and there is an ongoing, and immense, shorrtage of 40/45' chassis - especially in LA.
For all of that why is there a backlog off the Georgia cost as well?

But go ahead genius...
Tell us how to fix this
The Biden Administration needs ro evoke the power of the commerce clause in federal court and force CA to suspend its relevant environmental (and union regulations) for as long as it takes to address the problem.

You wonder about the union regulations?
You must be a union memmber to handle port trarffic. Owner/operators are, under CA law, independent contractors and thus not part of a union. As such, trucking companies with O/O are unable to handle port traffic.

California laws effect us all. From rising food prices to the cost of energy. I could make a dozen threads on the ways California is hurting the rest of the Nation. I should do a better jop on this OP but I have little time this evening. But, what I post says it best.

California true to it's Global Warming ideals will hurt the entire country with just a simple law or two. No doubt, we needed Trump to win that last election. California has stopped half the USA's trucks from entering California. That is the problem.

California's new environmental law requires all semi-tractors to be current with new California emissions standards. Consequently, trucks cannot be older than 3 years if they are to pick up or deliver containers at those ports. This issue wipes out approximately half of the fleet of trucks used to move containers in/out of the port. My Alexia tells me there are up to 11,000 containers on a container ship, so the 60 container ships anchored in California need up to 660,000 trucks to unload them.

View attachment 553423
Many of the containers go onto rail cars for delivery. I live in California and near Oakland port. I do not see any raised prices other than the usual winter fuel blend being more.

The Biden Administration needs ro evoke the power of the commerce clause in federal court and force CA to suspend its relevant environmental (and union regulations) for as long as it takes to address the problem.

You wonder about the union regulations?
You must be a union memmber to handle port trarffic. Owner/operators are, under CA law, independent contractors and thus not part of a union. As such, trucking companies with O/O are unable to handle port traffic.
So Georgia has similar regs to California dipshit?

Forum List

Back