California is now spending a half-billion dollars to destroy 4 dams on Klamath River

Concrete dams gave finite lifespans. Additionally, these older dams are forcing certain species of fish towards extinction.

Understandably, the OP, being a devout right-winger, cares nothing for the environment or endangered wildlife.

Like Victor Davis Hanson knows a thing about resource management.

We already know you're clueless.
VDH has been in agriculture in the Central Valley of CA all his life as well as his family. I'd say he knows more than you about resource management.

Like Victor Davis Hanson knows a thing about resource management.

We already know you're clueless.
~~~~~~
Odanny, Odanny keep up with the times....
Victor Davis Hanson is a fifth generation farmer in California. Therefore, Mr. Hanson should quite a bit more about growling crops, soil, watering crops etc. Especially in California that allows rain runoff go to the Pacific instead of reservoirs for the dry periods.

**********​

Old dams that served a purpose in the 19th century probably for gold mining in California and now obstruct fish migration should be destroyed. The price seems kind of high though.

So people who had lakefront property, boats and docks are going to be left high and dry to please some environuts and tribal elders?

Old dams that served a purpose in the 19th century probably for gold mining in California and now obstruct fish migration should be destroyed. The price seems kind of high though.
~~~~~~
The dams impound snow melt from the mountains for drinking water. Without them Calif. must depend on sharing water from the Colorado river.
Additionally Los Angeles has refused to build sea water filtration/distillation facilities to offset shortages.

~~~~~~
Odanny, Odanny keep up with the times....
Victor Davis Hanson is a fifth generation farmer in California. Therefore, Mr. Hanson should quite a bit more about growling crops, soil, watering crops etc. Especially in California that allows rain runoff go to the Pacific instead of reservoirs for the dry periods.

**********​
What does he know about water resource management? He's from a family of farmers? What would be great is to see salmon once again be able to swim upstream into the mountains to spawn like they had for thousands of years.

We should have replaced them with something upgraded before tearing down the old ones.

I got it, they could build a dam using all those California HS rail cars that are going nowhere!

The "Upper Klamath Lake" is in Oregon but there doesn't seem to be any significant lakes along the Klamath river that would store snow melt.

~~~~~~
The dams impound snow melt from the mountains for drinking water. Without them Calif. must depend on sharing water from the Colorado river.
Additionally Los Angeles has refused to build sea water filtration/distillation facilities to offset shortages.
Only San Diego and the Imperial Valley gets water from the 2nd water project, the Colorado River.

Los Angeles gets water from the first water project, Owens Valley. Which was part of the story in the movies The Two Jakes and Chinatown.

Los Angeles gets some water, or a lot of water from the Central Valley project. Which is the American river and the Sacramento river.

Klamath river supplies water to the Klamath basin which is on the Oregon border. That water does not supply the Central Valley or Southern California.

Fish, Salmon, I am all for a lot more Fish is this world. That is food. The farms in Northern California, I think they could get away with pumping water from the Aquifer but that takes a lot more electricity.

Klamath dams, or any dams, or any water project in California supply Agriculture and Industries. The people dont need the water for drinking and cooking.

Democrats working to create shortages.

Americans will be hurt by losing these dams. Nobody benefits.

Crocodile tears, we can replace the 200,000 acres we lose in the Klamath basin by not building solar or wind power across the USA.

The Klamath river, without dams, will supply the world with Salmon. Seems like a fair trade to me.

Coho salmon, Steel head trout, Chinook salmon, and last but not least, my favorite, Sturgeon!

I dont need barley or wheat from the Klamath basin, that can be grown everywhere else east of the Mississippi.

Forum List

Back