California in violation of the second amendment

I am 100% sure that you are incorrect
The right of the people to keep and BEAR arms shall not be infringed

to bear means to carry

The constitution uses similar wording about free speech. Yet libel and slander laws, incitement laws, harassment laws, etc, are constitutional.

Stop living in the past.
The constitution was written 250 years ago by a bunch of hicks that were barely out of the Dark Ages and still believed the earth was flat (it isn't you know)!

I guess we should stop exercising the first amendment also.

to bear means to carry

The constitution uses similar wording about free speech. Yet libel and slander laws, incitement laws, harassment laws, etc, are constitutional.

The superme court has ruled as recently as 1980 that the only firearms that are porotected under the second amendment are those of military grade.

California in violation of the second amendment,
Bans open carry.

I'm pretty sure the Constitution says nothing about open carry laws.

to bear means to carry

Really? Care to show me that part of the Constitution? I was just checking it out, and I couldn't find anything about open carry laws. :lol::lol::lol:

to bear means to carry

Really? Care to show me that part of the Constitution? I was just checking it out, and I couldn't find anything about open carry laws. :lol::lol::lol:

I don't think it's a good idea for JUST the government to have all the guns. Governments throughout history have shown to turn on its people...Lets keep our guns josek.

to bear means to carry

What's to show you? Are there any restriction in the second amendment that resrticts how a person should carry a firearm?

Hence you have the right to keep and bear arms any way a person see's fit to.

to bear means to carry

I don't think it's a good idea for JUST the government to have all the guns. Governments throughout history have shown to turn on its people...Lets keep our guns josek.

I was just rereading the OP, and for the life of me I couldn't find the part where CA is banning all gun ownership - or banning ANY gun ownership for that matter.

"the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".

All rights are limited rights.

Just like you can't yell 'fire' in a movie theater, you don't have an unlimited right to bear arms. Yo only have 'some' right to bear arms. A reasonable right to bear arms...nothing more.

So, you get to openly carry a toothpick.

to bear means to carry

What's to show you? Are there any restriction in the second amendment that resrticts how a person should carry a firearm?

Yeah, sorry, I couldn't find that passage either. Are you sure you're reading the US Constitution?

Stop living in the past.
The constitution was written 250 years ago by a bunch of hicks that were barely out of the Dark Ages and still believed the earth was flat (it isn't you know)!

I guess we should stop exercising the first amendment also.

What, do you mean STFU?
A worthy thought!

The first was written the same time the second amendment was written and by the same old gray haired dead people, they are a pair that go together like eggs and bacon peanut butter and jelly. You can only take away the first when there isn't a second.

Yeah, sorry, I couldn't find that passage either. Are you sure you're reading the US Constitution?

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

WHAT DOES SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED MEAN?

"the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".

All rights are limited rights.

Just like you can't yell 'fire' in a movie theater, you don't have an unlimited right to bear arms. Yo only have 'some' right to bear arms. A reasonable right to bear arms...nothing more.

So, you get to openly carry a toothpick.

Rights are only limited by God not by the state

Forum List

Back