California destorys its Independent Truckers.

Forces independent drivers to surrender the companies that they've built and seek employment in large firms that may be able to hire them.
The great thing about being a trucker is, its easy to move. Im guessing that more than a few will.

Forces independent drivers to surrender the companies that they've built and seek employment in large firms that may be able to hire them.
AB5, otherwise known as the gig worker law, is a California state law that significantly restricts the ability of an employer to classify workers as contractors instead of employees.

In this day and age a trucker doesn't have to worry about finding work, it's employers that have to worry about finding truckers. To think this joker is considering a run for President. He's a major source of our supply chain problems.

In this day and age a trucker doesn't have to worry about finding work, it's employers that have to worry about finding truckers. To think this joker is considering a run for President. He's a major source of our supply chain problems.
Look at they voted in and are proud of it right this minute.

Professional drivers have always been honorable blue collars Ray, although i did not stick with it, i'm glad to see they've come to fruition

~S~

Since my career started years ago, government got more and more involved to the point nobody wants to do the job any longer. California is a good example of this, but the transportation bureaucracies are even worse. These shirts and ties need to show government they are working, and that means more and more regulations.

Reputable workers with a good record hold that AGAINST their employers. That is a healthy relationship.

AB5, otherwise known as the gig worker law, is a California state law that significantly restricts the ability of an employer to classify workers as contractors instead of employees.
There's a work around by getting a TIN and using that instead of SSI# in some cases.

Forum List

Back