‘California’ Congressman Adam Schiff Has Full-Time Home In Maryland

Optics. I’m not saying you’re wrong, but, don’t most congress people have their main home back in their district and then have an apartment in or around dc? Schiff appears to have his main home in dc and his apartment back in his district. I understand why he does that, but certainly on the surface, it appears he only has the California condo because he has to. If they made a law that stated they didn’t have to have a residence in their home district, you’d probably see him drop that condo.

What do most Congress members do in terms of maintaining two residences?
One in their home state, one in DC?

States should maintain residences in DC for their representatives to use

What do most Congress members do in terms of maintaining two residences?
One in their home state, one in DC?

You know, I could actually get behind that. I thoroughly disagree with them getting a raise in their federal salary to cover housing costs, but if a state wanted to, and voted to buy and maintain a residence for their members, that would be fine. But the residence would be owned by the state, not the member.

I thought most of your congressmen had their primary residence back in their district, and some sort of accommodations near dc. Heck, some congressmen sleep in their offices, and most of them don’t have their family in dc do they? Most if their families stay back in their district, right?

Forum List

Back