California Bans SINGING During ON-LINE Church Services

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
California County Bans Singing During Online Church Services, ‘Abortions Are Essential, But Singing in a Streamed Worship Service is Just Too Unsafe’

Mendocino County in California is being criticized for banning singing while churches are recording their online services, unless the people are singing from home

3-178-600x352.jpg

4 people....looks to be about 6 feet apart....what's the deal?

"Per the order, there can only be four people recording from one place and “no singing or use of wind instruments, harmonicas or other instruments that could spread COVID-19 through projected droplets shall be permitted unless the recording of the event is done at one’s residence.”

California is reportedly considering a whole list of other actions to outlaw due to COVID-19:

Blowing Bubbles
- Gum or sudsy child entertainment devices

Whistling

Blowing out birthday or other celebratory candles

Laughing 'boisterously'
- Chuckles, guffaws, snickers, and 'golf claps' are encouraged

Emojis or Emotes that might cause 'boisterous' laughter

Farting
- Especially in Public

California County Bans Singing During Online Church Services, ‘Abortions Are Essential, But Singing in a Streamed Worship Service is Just Too Unsafe’

Mendocino County in California is being criticized for banning singing while churches are recording their online services, unless the people are singing from home

3-178-600x352.jpg

"Per the order, there can only be four people recording from one place and “no singing or use of wind instruments, harmonicas or other instruments that could spread COVID-19 through projected droplets shall be permitted unless the recording of the event is done at one’s residence.”

California is reportedly considering a whole list of other actions to outlaw due to COVID-19:

Blowing Bubbles

Whistling

Laughing 'boisterously'

Farting
- Especially in Public

That is bizarre. Glad I never considered moving there.

3-178-600x352.jpg

Blowing Bubbles

Whistling

Laughing 'boisterously'

Farting
- Especially in Public

It's bizarre because it's a Jim The Fuck Hoft link. First thing to check. This is the asshat who the other day tried to claim the Governor of Michigan was banning the sales of flags. He's got a dicey relationship with facts.

Sure didn't stop the OP from using him as a source though, did it.

3-178-600x352.jpg

Blowing Bubbles

Whistling

Laughing 'boisterously'

Farting
- Especially in Public

It's bizarre because it's a Jim The Fuck Hoft link. First thing to check. This is the asshat who the other day tried to claim the Governor of Michigan was banning the sales of flags. He's got a dicey relationship with facts.

I love it when snowflakes attempt to discredit sources ... with opinion ... because they have nothing to disprove what is being reported.

lol

3-178-600x352.jpg

Blowing Bubbles

Whistling

Laughing 'boisterously'

Farting
- Especially in Public

I just hope the governor of Michigan did not quit her day job.

Just say'in

3-178-600x352.jpg

Blowing Bubbles

Whistling

Laughing 'boisterously'

Farting
- Especially in Public

I just hope the governor of Michigan did not quit her day job.

Just say'in

She did not. Didn't need to. It was just Jim the Fuck Hoft being Jim the Fuck Hoft. He got his wall time monitor sanitized pretty quickly.

From the actual order, yes it is true-
c.
No singing or use of wind instruments, harmonicas, or other instruments that could spread COVID-19 through projected droplets shall be permitted unless the recording of the event is done at one’s residence, and involving only the members of one’s household or living unit, because of the increased risk of transmission of COVID-19.

From the actual order, yes it is true-
c.
No singing or use of wind instruments, harmonicas, or other instruments that could spread COVID-19 through projected droplets shall be permitted unless the recording of the event is done at one’s residence, and involving only the members of one’s household or living unit, because of the increased risk of transmission of COVID-19.
Pogo really looks stupid now. Must be a day that ends in "Y".

3-178-600x352.jpg

Blowing Bubbles

Whistling

Laughing 'boisterously'

Farting
- Especially in Public

Thanks. Was not familiar with Jim Hoft, until you posted. Have seen Gateway Pundit. Should they be on my list of "If they said it, it's got to be bullshit" list?

3-178-600x352.jpg

Blowing Bubbles

Whistling

Laughing 'boisterously'

Farting
- Especially in Public

i read the order. it doesn't call out *any* of the below stuff. so we're mixing up this bit of whatever from where ever with the original post about the city order.

the city order does not call out churches. it states guidelines for everyone to follow; like it or not for now. there are businesses here in dallas that still host local bands and simply stream the event. if they do it with less than 10 total people in the building and stay enough apart, i don't see an issue.

now if the church wants to stream their services out, simply do so under the guidelines we all follow and there shouldn't be an issue. but trying to pretend none of this is happening and go MY RELIGIOUS FEELZ as a reason to not have to at least try to work with the system, to me, is bullshit.

i'm all for questioning what we're being told. but there are better ways to do it than to strap yourself to a cross and claim "they" are coming after you.

now granted i didn't read the entire ordinance but i did go out and read a lot of it. if i missed how they called out church services, simply tell me which part and i'll be glad to go back and look. if the church is mad they doing this in >10 people or whatever the # is, i simply don't care. rules, stupid or otherwise, are for us all to follow or challenge. challenge however isn't ignoring them and saying it's your right to do so.

3-178-600x352.jpg

Blowing Bubbles

Whistling

Laughing 'boisterously'

Farting
- Especially in Public

i read the order. it doesn't call out *any* of the below stuff. so we're mixing up this bit of whatever from where ever with the original post about the city order.

the city order does not call out churches. it states guidelines for everyone to follow; like it or not for now. there are businesses here in dallas that still host local bands and simply stream the event. if they do it with less than 10 total people in the building and stay enough apart, i don't see an issue.

now if the church wants to stream their services out, simply do so under the guidelines we all follow and there shouldn't be an issue. but trying to pretend none of this is happening and go MY RELIGIOUS FEELZ as a reason to not have to at least try to work with the system, to me, is bullshit.

i'm all for questioning what we're being told. but there are better ways to do it than to strap yourself to a cross and claim "they" are coming after you.

now granted i didn't read the entire ordinance but i did go out and read a lot of it. if i missed how they called out church services, simply tell me which part and i'll be glad to go back and look. if the church is mad they doing this in >10 people or whatever the # is, i simply don't care. rules, stupid or otherwise, are for us all to follow or challenge. challenge however isn't ignoring them and saying it's your right to do so.

If the church follows the guideline of having 5 or less people separated by at least 6 feet then why must the govt outlaw music, to include the personal use of a flute, harmonica, etc?

I don't recall in the US Constitution the provision that allows the government to outlaw the specific methods in which people express their religious freedom in such a way. Can you post that provision for me and provide a link to it?

3-178-600x352.jpg

Blowing Bubbles

Whistling

Laughing 'boisterously'

Farting
- Especially in Public

iii. (Corrected)
Those operations necessary for venues, such as concert halls, auditoriums, churches, temples, and playhouses, to enable a recorded and/or live-streamed event to be shared virtually with the public, with the following limitations:

c.

Followed it right to its source, to a document on Mendocino County's official web site.

https://www.mendocinocounty.org/home/showdocument?id=33692

It's on page eight.

c. No singing or use of wind instruments, harmonicas, or other instruments that
could spread COVID-19 through projected droplets shall be permitted unless
the recording of the event is done at one’s residence, and involving only the
members of one’s household or living unit, because of the increased risk of
transmission of COVID-19.

3-178-600x352.jpg

Blowing Bubbles

Whistling

Laughing 'boisterously'

Farting
- Especially in Public

iii.
For the purposes of this Order, “Minimum Basic Operations” include the following, provided
that employees comply with Social Distancing Requirements as defined in this Section, to the extent possible, while carrying out such operations:

c.

....and the law / rule / edict stating this local govt's mandate supersedes the Constitution is what / where...?

Linky?

Not being a 'smartass' or declaring this can NOT be done -

The assertion that local authorities can simply issue mandates that eliminate established and protected Constitutional Rights must be backed by appropriate legal justification.....I am just asking anyone to provide the basis for local governments to do so.

Challenge accepted? Link anyone?

If you actually can answer by providing such a link that would be awesome because I do not specifically know by what official legal authority / justification states this can be done.....

Last edited:

3-178-600x352.jpg

Blowing Bubbles

Whistling

Laughing 'boisterously'

Farting
- Especially in Public

iii.
For the purposes of this Order, “Minimum Basic Operations” include the following, provided
that employees comply with Social Distancing Requirements as defined in this Section, to the extent possible, while carrying out such operations:

c.
so this does not target churches then does it? my point.

and like i also said, there are better ways to challenge the rules, to me, than to disobey them and cry foul. but if this is how this church chooses to do so, fine. people are making this up as they go and perhaps the challenging is better than old school processes.

my point being is still - this doesn't ban CHURCHES from doing it - it says NO ONE can do it. the article is written, as usual, for max drama value. please feel free to tell me how the headline putting ALLOWS ABORTIONS in there is relevant to this ordinance?

it's not. it's to get people riled up. russian type trolling. :)

Forum List

Back