CA meter maids paid nearly $100,000 a year

100k ain't alot to afford what it costs to live in California, much less the megalopolises

The people who are paying the $100,00 per person, per year, make less than $30,000 a year. How do you think they feel about it.

Los Angeles has a department whose sole job is to soak the labels off water bottles and glue on city labels. They all make more than $100,000 a year. There is a calligraphy department so that city documents can have a headline of fancy writing they all make that much or more with benefits.

Los Angeles is going bankrupt, now you know why.

Katz it would help if provide some documentation......you have said a few things in various threads that i could not find anywhere....and when i told you this you just went pass me and said some more shit....

The jealousy and class warfare waged by the right is unbelievable. Sometimes, I think their goal is to place every single American citizen into poverty. It has to be.

When us liberals talk about the poor in this country, they tell us "they're not REALLY poor". When we talk about a wage where people can live in relative comfort, they say "only the market can dictate". When someone takes the initiative to actually take a Civil Service test to better their lives? They act like those people are thieves.

Seems to me they are asking the wrong fucking questions. They ought to be asking why so many God damned people can't afford to live in their own country, whip the fat cats who actually SET THE MARKET that they keep railing on about have been cleaning up like never before in the history of this country?

Oh.....there's definitely class warfare going on....but it's not being perpetrated by us. It's being perpetrated by the uber-wealthy who have no problem letting others suffer while they rake it in. I'm starting to think that this modern day version of capitalism is defined not by how much capital one has to start and maintain a business, but by how much one can CAPITALIZE on other people.

100k ain't alot to afford what it costs to live in California, much less the megalopolises

The people who are paying the $100,00 per person, per year, make less than $30,000 a year. How do you think they feel about it.

Los Angeles has a department whose sole job is to soak the labels off water bottles and glue on city labels. They all make more than $100,000 a year. There is a calligraphy department so that city documents can have a headline of fancy writing they all make that much or more with benefits.

Katz it would help if provide some documentation......you have said a few things in various threads that i could not find anywhere....and when i told you this you just went pass me and said some more shit....

The reason is, you are talking about my home! I've lived in the South Bay since 1980! Of course I'm going to know what's going on in my own neighborhood that doesn't make the national news.

Now if it's the useless Los Angeles city departments. That's different.

Councilman Goes To Bat For $1 Million Calligraphy Budget - Los Angeles - News - The Informer
L.A. County supervisors sip from customized water bottles - Los Angeles Times

There you go.

The reason is, you are talking about my home! I've lived in the South Bay since 1980! Of course I'm going to know what's going on in my own neighborhood that doesn't make the national news.

Councilman Goes To Bat For $1 Million Calligraphy Budget - Los Angeles - News - The Informer

There you go.

Thanks! Context IS everything. The water bottle "issue" was only for bottles that were going to appear on television during board meetings...not something done to every water bottle. Still kinda stupid, but maybe there is a regulation prohibiting them from advertising for a product.

Now, the calligraphy thing...totally stupid.

What do either of them have to do with the pay and salary of a meter reader? What do either of them even have to do with unions?

Board members aren't in any union...and yet they're the ones with the "specialized" water bottles AND the option "to buy a luxury vehicle and hire an armed chauffeur, included in a benefits package that is one of the region's most generous."

If you are an LA resident, you should be up in arms about this...but it ain't any unions fault.

There you go.

Thanks! Context IS everything. The water bottle "issue" was only for bottles that were going to appear on television during board meetings...not something done to every water bottle. Still kinda stupid, but maybe there is a regulation prohibiting them from advertising for a product.

What do either of them have to do with the pay and salary of a meter reader? What do either of them even have to do with unions?

Board members aren't in any union...and yet they're the ones with the "specialized" water bottles AND the option "to buy a luxury vehicle and hire an armed chauffeur, included in a benefits package that is one of the region's most generous."

If you are an LA resident, you should be up in arms about this...but it ain't any unions fault.

It's the fault of corruption. The politicians and the unions are man and wife. The unions help the politicians get elected. The politicians pay off the unions with lavish benefits that the City can no longer afford.

There you go.

It's the fault of corruption. The politicians and the unions are man and wife. The unions help the politicians get elected. The politicians pay off the unions with lavish benefits that the City can no longer afford.

And yet is it the union employees that keep increasing their cost shares, not management. It is the union jobs that keep getting cut, not management jobs.

The LA Supervisors are the ones with lavish benefits packages, not the union workers.

You people are truly amazing. You are actually shown what management and elected officials are wasting money on and the first thing you do is blame the guy who is trying to fix your streets, police your neighborhoods, teach your children and get you your fucking car registration in a weeks time.

Born and raised in California and now work for county government...in a {gasp} union. I see it from the inside and the attacks on the union workers are pure bullshit.

I retired from the military and sought a local government job. I knew I could get a job making more money with a private company and in California it would be easy to find companies that offered generous partner benefits, but I chose local government. My reasons were twofold. I wanted a solid retirement plan and the job stability that government work provides, but my military time also taught me that I like to serve my community.

What I found when I got in that most people felt as I do, that it is service to community that is first and foremost. We get people in every now and then that just need a job...they don't last long.

I've been working in the same office for just over six years now. I've not seen a pay raise in that time, have had to take furlough days, have had to increase my cost share of benefits and have seen my workload almost double. When I started there six years ago, there were four people doing the same job I am. Now there is only one.

That affects (or is it effects?) services. You wanna know why there are dead people on voting rolls? That's why. You wanna know why you keep hitting that same fucking pot hole? That's why. You wanna know why it takes 20 more minutes to get a cop to come to your house? That's why.

It's not the union's fault that cities are going bankrupt. We had a recession and a housing bubble burst. Are the people responsible being asked to pay for it? No, the people who were promised benefits in exchange for low pay are being asked to pay for it.

Unbelievable.

Born and raised in California and now work for county government...in a {gasp} union. I see it from the inside and the attacks on the union workers are pure bullshit.

I retired from the military and sought a local government job. I knew I could get a job making more money with a private company and in California it would be easy to find companies that offered generous partner benefits, but I chose local government. My reasons were twofold. I wanted a solid retirement plan and the job stability that government work provides, but my military time also taught me that I like to serve my community.

What I found when I got in that most people felt as I do, that it is service to community that is first and foremost. We get people in every now and then that just need a job...they don't last long.

I've been working in the same office for just over six years now. I've not seen a pay raise in that time, have had to take furlough days, have had to increase my cost share of benefits and have seen my workload almost double. When I started there six years ago, there were four people doing the same job I am. Now there is only one.

That affects (or is it effects?) services. You wanna know why there are dead people on voting rolls? That's why. You wanna know why you keep hitting that same fucking pot hole? That's why. You wanna know why it takes 20 more minutes to get a cop to come to your house? That's why.

It's not the union's fault that cities are going bankrupt. We had a recession and a housing bubble burst. Are the people responsible being asked to pay for it? No, the people who were promised benefits in exchange for low pay are being asked to pay for it.

Unbelievable.

In other words, you knew you would not be fired for incompetence in a government job.

Unbelievable.

In other words, you knew you would not be fired for incompetence in a government job.

Really? That's what you got out that? Did you miss the part about having retired from the military?

Douche.

Unbelievable.

Just the sort of pig ignorance we expect from your type

There you go.

yea i live a few miles away so your not going to bullshit me....now where does it say in the story about guys putting on labels making what you claim they make?...

There you go.

I get tired of hearing this kind of excuse from the right on this board. "Power to people! Local governance! State and local government is easier to change than federal government! Freedom of speech, corporations are people!" But when that all ends up going a different way than what they want, all of a sudden it's corruption.

There you go.

yea i live a few miles away so your not going to bullshit me....now where does it say in the story about guys putting on labels making what you claim they make?...

If they make ten cents a day they are overpaid.

Unbelievable.

Really? That's what you got out that? Did you miss the part about having retired from the military?

Douche.

I got the part that said you were looking for the stability that government service provides. Unlike private companies that can fire someone at whim if there they provide no benefit. You are institutionalized, first the military, then government service. It's not unusual. I have relatives that became institutionalized in the military.

There you go.

If they make ten cents a day they are overpaid.

so in other words your just the Rights version of Dean?......say something....show a link.....the link says nothing about what you said......you get questioned on it.....and you Dance......my advice?.....get Dean,go on Dancing with the Stars.....you guys would be finalist....

Douche.

I got the part that said you were looking for the stability that government service provides. Unlike private companies that can fire someone at whim if there they provide no benefit. You are institutionalized, first the military, then government service. It's not unusual. I have relatives that became institutionalized in the military.

Yes, I chose public over private for the stability, but not because I thought MY performance would be lacking...

Forum List

Back