Bypassing the electoral college

You are wrong. The popular vote was way too close to the margin of error. Instead of recounts in Florida, you would have seen them all over the country. You would have seen massive voter fraud. Our nation would have come undone.

This is exactly why there is an electorial college system.

as I have said... I am not a great proponent of toss the electoral college..... it does get it right nearly all the time. It is just sad to think, in this case where the electoral college result was contrary to the will of the people, that it resulted in such a horrible administration.

as I have said... I am not a great proponent of toss the electoral college..... it does get it right nearly all the time. It is just sad to think, in this case where the electoral college result was contrary to the will of the people, that it resulted in such a horrible administration.

Right only when Dems win?

no...right when the decision of the EC is the same as the popular vote...regardless of the party of the winner.

just imagine...if every state had had this in 2000, Dubya would never have been president, and we never would have invaded Iraq. We would not have lost 3500 soldiers and we would not have flushed a trillion dollars down the toilet. Hell...9/11 probably wouldn't have happened, for that matter.

that seems to me to be reason enough for every state to seriously consider this!

why would you say 9/11 would have never happened?
what are you trying to say? that bush knew of 9/11 and did nothing?

If Gore was President on 9-11, he would have had to find some controlling legal authority to respond

Meanwhile, the libs would have went to the UN to demand the Security Council denounce the attacks and issue a written reprimand to the terrorists

why would you say 9/11 would have never happened?
what are you trying to say? that bush knew of 9/11 and did nothing?

I am saying that, when Clinton heard of the possibility of a terrorist attack on America timed to coincide with Y2K, he met daily with the heads of the CIA and the FBI and personally demanded that they shake the tree and roust out the intelligence community to make every effort to prevent the attack. And that effort was successful.

I am saying that, similarly, in August of '01, George Bush was told that Osama was determined to strike within our borders.... and, in contrast to Clinton's reaction, George said, "thanks for the report...you've covered your ass.... now get out of my way, I've got a tee time" and continued on with his vacation while our enemies were training right under our noses....while FBI field officers were sending reports to their superiors that they were really concerned about arabs learning to fly jetliners but not caring about learning how to land them..... but those reports remained up in the tree, because there was no one in the oval office demanding that the trees be shaken.... the oval office was empty and the golf course in Crawford was well utilitized.

That is what I am saying. Am I saying that if Bush had been as diligent about the august PDB as Clinton had been about Y2K that 9/11 definitely would not have happened? of course not.... we'll never know, will we? I am saying that the response of those two presidents to the threats imposed by islamic extremism were totally different - especially in the early days of the Bush presidency prior to 9/11. Clinton tried to get Osama ...Bush ignored him. Clinton ordered CIA predator drone overflights of Afghanistan to continually be on the lookout for Osama, Bush cancelled those flights soon after taking office. My guess is that President Gore would have taken an approach to Osama bin Laden that was more in line with Clinton's approach than Bush's pre-9/11 approach. That is my opinion... that is why I said "9/11 PROBABLY wouldn't have happened".

I am saying that, when Clinton heard of the possibility of a terrorist attack on America timed to coincide with Y2K, he met daily with the heads of the CIA and the FBI and personally demanded that they shake the tree and roust out the intelligence community to make every effort to prevent the attack. And that effort was successful.

I am saying that, similarly, in August of '01, George Bush was told that Osama was determined to strike within our borders.... and, in contrast to Clinton's reaction, George said, "thanks for the report...you've covered your ass.... now get out of my way, I've got a tee time" and continued on with his vacation while our enemies were training right under our noses....while FBI field officers were sending reports to their superiors that they were really concerned about arabs learning to fly jetliners but not caring about learning how to land them..... but those reports remained up in the tree, because there was no one in the oval office demanding that the trees be shaken.... the oval office was empty and the golf course in Crawford was well utilitized.

That is what I am saying. Am I saying that if Bush had been as diligent about the august PDB as Clinton had been about Y2K that 9/11 definitely would not have happened? of course not.... we'll never know, will we? I am saying that the response of those two presidents to the threats imposed by islamic extremism were totally different - especially in the early days of the Bush presidency prior to 9/11. Clinton tried to get Osama ...Bush ignored him. Clinton ordered CIA predator drone overflights of Afghanistan to continually be on the lookout for Osama, Bush cancelled those flights soon after taking office. My guess is that President Gore would have taken an approach to Osama bin Laden that was more in line with Clinton's approach than Bush's pre-9/11 approach. That is my opinion... that is why I said "9/11 PROBABLY wouldn't have happened".

and Bubba did nothing to stop them

Atta was know to Bill for one year and he did nothing. He did not want to accused of racial profiling I suppose

and Bubba did nothing to stop them

Atta was know to Bill for one year and he did nothing. He did not want to accused of racial profiling I suppose

no one had any idea what Atta was planning... Bush ignored the warning signs...that is fact. he played golf instead of shaking the trees.... he cancelled overflights that might very well have found OBL before 9/11.

no one had any idea what Atta was planning... Bush ignored the warning signs...that is fact. he played golf instead of shaking the trees.... he cancelled overflights that might very well have found OBL before 9/11.

Bill had other affairs on his mind while Atta roamed free

Libs could not possibly violate Atta's civil rights and pick him up

Of course he did nothing after five attacks so why change?

Forum List

Back