Buying a Lemon--Vaccine Defenders--Any Sales/Marketing Folks Out There?

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
A few years ago I had a sweet little sedan with low-profile tires. These tires might work in, idk, southern California. But this car was a complete bust in Michigan, not only with our weather, but with our worst roads in the nation.

Time and again I took the car to the tire shop. They knew me by name. I knew the car was all wrong, I admitted it, and couldn't wait to offload it. For me it was a lemon. I grew to hate that car.

Why can so few admit this about the covid vaccines? That at the very least, they're not living up to the hype?

What is this phenomenon where you take it and it's like you work for Pfizer or Moderna or something? I don't understand this. I have taken wonderful medications and horrid medications and been honest about all of them. Yet it seems there's a component in these vaccines that turns people into glassy-eyed religious cultists.

Marketing/sales people: is there a name for this? Is there something about buying a product and then advocating for it?

Last edited:
A few years ago I had a sweet little sedan with low-profile tires. These tires might work in, idk, southern California. But this car was a complete bust in Michigan, not only with our weather, but with our worst roads in the nation.

Time and again I took the car to the tire shop. They knew me by name. I knew the car was all wrong, I admitted it, and couldn't wait to offload it. For me it was a lemon. I grew to hate that car.

Why can so few admit this about the covid vaccines? That at the very least, they're not living up to the hype?

What is this phenomenon where you take it and it's like you work for Pfizer or Moderna or something? I don't understand this. I have taken wonderful medications and horrid medications and been honest about all of them. Yet it seems there's a component in these vaccines that turns people into glassy-eyed religious cultists.

Marketing/sales people: is there a name for this? Is there something about buying a product and then advocating for it?
You said it. It's a cult. It's what Jim Jones envisioned that he could accomplish.

5p2dry.jpg

The vaccines are going just fine. Most of the people getting infected are red-staters who refuse to get their shots. Even with the breakthrough cases, (few as they are), the cases are mild.

If there is a cultist, it's the people who refuse to get their shots because getting them would be renouncing the One True God, Donald Trump. (even though Trump and his family quietly got their shots.)

The vaccines are going just fine. Most of the people getting infected are red-staters who refuse to get their shots. Even with the breakthrough cases, (few as they are), the cases are mild.

If there is a cultist, it's the people who refuse to get their shots because getting them would be renouncing the One True God, Donald Trump. (even though Trump and his family quietly got their shots.)

:cuckoo:

I have found few things in life live up to the hype.

I would say the vaccine has done what it was intended to do, but perhaps not to the extent we were told it would. The powers that be clearly oversold the vaccine, and still are.

I took the vaccine, felt crappy for about 12 hours and that was that, not unlike a flu shot.

As far as buying a product and then advocating for it, you see it a lot in the automobile world. The the Chevy people that say Ford stands for Found On Road Dead and that kind of thing. Mac users love to tell everyone how much better a Mac is than a PC

I would say the vaccine has done what it was intended to do, but perhaps not to the extent we were told it would. The powers that be clearly oversold the vaccine, and still are.

I took the vaccine, felt crappy for about 12 hours and that was that, not unlike a flu shot.

As far as buying a product and then advocating for it, you see it a lot in the automobile world. The the Chevy people that say Ford stands for Found On Road Dead and that kind of thing. Mac users love to tell everyone how much better a Mac is than a PC

Thank you. One of the more reasonable takes here, that second paragraph. So I will meet you halfway and reiterate that I'm glad my parents, in their mid-70s, took the vaccines and the booster. I don't think the vaccines are ALL terrible, and they are a great thing for some people. But I don't think they're great for everyone and I certainly don't think they're living up to the hype, as you say.

People who advocate heavily for their "brand" have obviously been highly satisfied with the performance. Maybe a few have been highly satisfied with the vaccines so far. But how can you look around and say, yeah, this is great? Especially where I am, in Michigan?

Sure has. They are making billions off of it. As places like Africa refuse to die for them by not vaccinating.

But........they don't have much money so just ignore that.

GET YOUR BOOSTERS HERE..........PEANUTS .....POPCORN........VACCINES..........

Uncle Siggy's nephew Edward would be so proud.

Thank you. One of the more reasonable takes here, that second paragraph. So I will meet you halfway and reiterate that I'm glad my parents, in their mid-70s, took the vaccines and the booster. I don't think the vaccines are ALL terrible, and they are a great thing for some people. But I don't think they're great for everyone and I certainly don't think they're living up to the hype, as you say.

People who advocate heavily for their "brand" have obviously been highly satisfied with the performance. Maybe a few have been highly satisfied with the vaccines so far. But how can you look around and say, yeah, this is great? Especially where I am, in Michigan?

Vaccines are fine, when they are used. The problem is people aren't getting their shots.

Here's a startling statistic.

If you have decided to not get vaccinated against COVID-19, a new data analysis from The Associated Press concludes you may have a higher risk of dying compared to those who have chosen to be vaccinated.

The analysis was released in May of 2021 and looks at COVID-19 related deaths in vaccinated versus unvaccinated individuals—only .8% (150) of vaccinated people accounted for the 18,000 COVID-19 deaths in May.

With this staggering statistic, Andy Slavitt, a former adviser to the Biden administration on COVID-19 suggested that 98% to 99% of the Americans dying of the coronavirus are unvaccinated

Then again, the same nuts I see on here screaming about vaccines were the same nuts last year who screamed no one was going to make them wear a mask.

Fighting this disease never should have become part of America's idiotic culture wars... but it has.

I know it's really weird because a one point they could have blamed the faulty JAB on TRUMP, but now they have now passed that point.

I am not sure how anyone can be "highly satisfied", but people are weird.

Like I said, I took it. I am in my mid-50s with COPD. My wife is a nurse who as spent the last year treating acute COVID patients, so she has seen the worst it can do and she and her friends are where I get just about all of my info on COVID from. I do not really have any desire to get a booster but she really wants me to, so who knows.

I fully see where you are coming from. I was having this discussion on a different forum about the county in Cali that made mask mandatory in private homes if you had people outside of your immediate family there...I was like the whole promise of the vaccine was for things to get back to normal...that part has clearly been a bust.

I know it's really weird because a one point they could have blamed the faulty JAB on TRUMP, but now they have now passed that point.

It is incredibly peculiar to me. They tell US we're being political but this is clearly not the case compared to the vaccine defenders. There is no other reason for them to be so avid in their defense OTHER than politics.

If you don't already have the intellectual background to understand this............... oh, well.

Yep...I do not have the intellectual background to know who Uncle Siggy or his nephew Edward are. That is because my intellectual background is not that of a 5th grader.

But now we know yours is.

It is incredibly peculiar to me. They tell US we're being political but this is clearly not the case compared to the vaccine defenders. There is no other reason for them to be so avid in their defense OTHER than politics.

I am sure you will not agree, but it seems you are both being political.

Forum List

Back