Bush Declines Obama's Invitation to Ground Zero

inviting him was the right thing to do

declining the invitation was the right thing to do

where's the problem?

Inviting him was absolutely the right thing. However, I personally think Bush should have accepted and gone. I think it would send a good message to the country, and to the world. Namely, that it does not matter whether it is a Democrat or a Republican running the country... no one will harm us and go unpunished.

And, then, I'd like to see Obama get tough on terror and chase every damned one of these creatures and send them to meet their Allah.... at which time they will find there is no Allah... and God is seriously pissed at them. No 72 virgins, but eternity in hell.
Obama HAS gotten tough on terror. He has gotten more high value targets in under 2.5 years than Bush did in 7.5 years.

FACT.

He has? Personally? When? Between rounds of golf and vacation? He dithered on the surge. Remember that one?

Inviting him was absolutely the right thing. However, I personally think Bush should have accepted and gone. I think it would send a good message to the country, and to the world. Namely, that it does not matter whether it is a Democrat or a Republican running the country... no one will harm us and go unpunished.

And, then, I'd like to see Obama get tough on terror and chase every damned one of these creatures and send them to meet their Allah.... at which time they will find there is no Allah... and God is seriously pissed at them. No 72 virgins, but eternity in hell.
Obama HAS gotten tough on terror. He has gotten more high value targets in under 2.5 years than Bush did in 7.5 years.

FACT.

He has? Personally? When? Between rounds of golf and vacation? He dithered on the surge. Remember that one?
You're an idiot, so it doesn't matter what you think.

Navy Seals shot an unarmed UBL, but at least they didn't give him a fat-lip. They would have been courtmartialed for that
They also shot that Somali pirate between the eyes, on Obama's order.

President Obama is not afraid of the big decisions, and confident enough to take the appropriate time to think of all the ramifications, and it's worked out very well.

He has answered that 3am phone call as well as anyone ever has.

Navy Seals shot an unarmed UBL, but at least they didn't give him a fat-lip. They would have been courtmartialed for that

President Obama is not afraid of the big decisions, and confident enough to take the appropriate time to think of all the ramifications, and it's worked out very well.

You think the Seals called BHO before they killed the pirates?

Are you an idiot?

Nevermind.... I think I know the answer.

Breaking news last night said that Obama was going to go to Ground Zero on Thursday, and he was going to announce to the people gathered there that we finally got OBL.

Obama also invited Bush Jr. to stand up there with him, so that he could finally say "mission accomplished".

Jr. refused.

Now, considering that at the beginning Jr. stated that we would get him "dead or alive" and all the bravado for the first couple of years, shouldn't he go?

Otherwise it proves his statement around 2-3 years after 9/11, "that he wasn't really concerned about OBL because he'd been marginalized".

It's pretty petty of Jr., don't ya think?

Are you an idiot?

Yes they did.

The whole operation was under Obama's orders.

Bush Turns Down Obama Offer To Appear At Ground Zero

Former President George W. Bush recently declined an offer from President Obama to appear at a 9/11 memorial scheduled for tomorrow (May 5).

President Obama is scheduled to visit New York's ground zero Thursday, in the wake of the death of Osama bin Laden, recently killed in a raid in Pakistan by Navy Seals.

However Bush Jr, the man who initiated the 10-year hide and seek with the al Qaida leader refuses to show.

Bush's spokesperson David Sherzer cited that former Commander In Chief would rather remain distanced from the spotlight in his post presidency years.

Bush Declines Obama Offer To Appear At 9/11 Memorial « Hip-Hop Wired: Keeping You Informed With The Latest on Hip-Hop Culture, Rappers, Hip Hop News, Rap and Entertainment News, Black Politics, Video Vixens, Music Reviews and Urban Lifestyle…

Actually Bush said he appreciated the offer but would rather stay low key, this is Obama's moment not his.

I think its petty of you to further politicize the decision.

POLITICO Forums:Whiteboard: 05/03/2011 @ 08:17 PM - POLITICO.com

BUSH DECLINES NYC INVITE: President Obama invited former President George W. Bush on a visit to Ground Zero on Thursday but Bush has declined, according to two people familiar with the situation.

Obama will travel to the site of the World Trade Center attacks of Sept. 11 in the days following the killing of Osama bin Laden in a U.S. special forces operation in Pakistan. He will meet with families of Sept. 11 victims, according to the Associated Press.

Obama is a disgrace and I would decline his role-playing invitation to Ground Zero as well.

Obama's a liar and sucks and I'd be damned as to be hypocritical enough to show up in public with that fuckwit.
Wow. Can't you take one day off?

You know.......Bin Laden built his compound around 5 or 6 years ago. If you do the math, that makes it around 2005 or 2006 when it was built. He was then LIVING THERE for the entire time until he was killed.

Guess what? That was under Jr's presidency, when he had really close ties with Mubarik.

Obama got intel around a year ago that one of the known couriers was traveling back and forth to the compound. They watched, and checked, and when Bin Laden was going to release his new tape, when the courier went in, that's when they nailed him. Matter of fact, that is one reason some of those ME nitwits are saying Bin Laden is still alive.

No..........Jr did NOTHING to get Bin Laden. Matter of fact, it was 2004 or so when he publicly stated he wasn't concerned with him any longer as he felt Bin Laden had been marginalized.

Wanna know why Jr. isn't going? Because he knows that "mission accomplished" never happened under his watch, and he's embarrassed.

Are you an idiot?

Obama gave them the order to take them out. They did.

Where's Trump when you need him?

Obama won't release the photos.

Bastard.
Why do you want them released?

Reasons Obama should release the photos:

1 Because they said they would
2 Because they disposed of the body too quickly
3 Because Muslims think it's a fake
4 Because Americans will suspect it was faked
5 Because it provides closure
6 Because Obama has been too dishonest in the past
7 Because too many conflicting stories were released byu this White House
8 Because Muslims are pissed already
9 Because Deathers demand it
10 Because they said they would

Where's Trump when you need him?

Obama won't release the photos.

Bastard.
Why do you want them released?

Reasons Obama should release the photos:

1 Because they said they would
2 Because they disposed of the body too quickly
3 Because Muslims think it's a fake
4 Because Americans will suspect it was faked
5 Because it provides closure
6 Because Obama has been too dishonest in the past
7 Because too many conflicting stories were released byu this White House
8 Because Muslims are pissed already
9 Because Deathers demand it
10 Because they said they would

Sounds like "birtherism" has now become "deathism".

Obama got Bin Laden. Bush not only let Bin Laden go, he said Bin Laden didn't even concern him. Not sure I would want to stand up in front of thousands of people I let down either.

It's nice that your Messiah is so much better a man than you are.

CA Girl, please don't tell me you are falling for that "messiah" crap that I hear so much from Rightwingers.......:doubt:

Obama is rdean's Messiah. I use the term very specifically, it's not a comment about Obama... it's mocking those who worship him.

You don't worship him, so I don't refer to Obama as 'your Messiah'. I differentiate between intelligent liberals - with whom I disagree politically on most (but not all) issues - and the Obamanation - who think Obama is actually the Savior of the World.

Forum List

Back