Bush and Officials Lied leading up to Iraq war

the sanctions were working. Our own secretary of state explicitly said exactly that months BEFORE 9/11.

And you know better. The sanctions were causing suffering amongst the rank and file Iraqi. Saddam meanwhile was siphoning off Oil for Food bucks into his personal stash, and making deals with France purchasing their UN vote for cut-rate oil.

Saddam defied the UN to the end. All he had to do was comply with the terms of a ceasefire HE agreed to. The ink wasn't even dry before he was defying it.

And you know better. The sanctions were causing suffering amongst the rank and file Iraqi. Saddam meanwhile was siphoning off Oil for Food bucks into his personal stash, and making deals with France purchasing their UN vote for cut-rate oil.

Saddam defied the UN to the end. All he had to do was comply with the terms of a ceasefire HE agreed to. The ink wasn't even dry before he was defying it.

The sanctions weren't designed to limit Saddam's bank account. Colin Powell stated unequivocably that the sanctions WERE working.

One point at time here:

What data would you like? Data that proves Saddam, manufactured, posesseed and used WMDs?

When. When did he have them? Did he have them when we attacked? If he didn't, why the shit did we attack him then. If as the Weapons instpectors said ,and has been shown to date that they destroyed most of them, why did we attack? If you say he sent them all to other countries, then please don't ever complain about leftwing conspiracy theories again.

What about the Mushroom Cloud statements by Condi? How close was Saddamn to a bomb?

Please let's cover another piece of data and discuss it.

935 times. Documented lies. And we are supposed to believe everyone of those was not a lie, right?:eusa_wall:

And the old saw that the right brings up about we discussed that already doesn't carry water if you didn't prove it wrong, but just moved on to another topic.

Sort of like Bush said he couldn't discuss the Libby case as long as it was an on-going investigation. Well, it isn't anymore and the little liar still won't discuss it.

The sanctions were designed to bring Saddam and his regime into compliance; which, they failed to do.

Colin Powell would disagree with you.

They were working. they weren't DONE working, but they WERE working. Like I said, to point to Saddam's bank accounts as proof that they weren't shows you really don't know what they were intended to do.

Like they'd been working all the previous times?

They weren't working. THey never worked. It was time to pull the plug.

Not an ignorant sheep like you, at least.

Given the fact you think all Americans are morons, I feel honored to be considered among them. I'd rather be an American Moron than an anti-American piece of shit such as yourself.

Not an ignorant sheep like you, at least.

Given the fact you think all Americans are morons, I feel honored to be considered among them. I'd rather be an American Moron than an anti-American piece of shit such as yourself.

I don't think all Americans are morons. I do think you are, and I am pretty amazed that a majority of Americans can't find Iraq on a map...aren't you?

Or ..ooops... maybe you're one of them!:rofl:

but tell me again why you think you know more about sanctions against Iraq than the secretary of state. I'd love to hear.

so now you know more that the former secretary of state?

what an arrogant moron you are!

You mean the guy that went to the UN and STATED Saddam HAD weapons and mobile Labs? That guy? The one you claim lied then? Isn't it interesting that when he says what you WANT to hear he is telling the truth but when he says what you do not want to hear he must have been a liar.

Once again DUMBSHIT, if Colin lied about weapons, if Bush LIED about weapons, so did Bill and Hillary Clinton, so did Pelosi, so Did Reid, so did Feingold, so did every major Democrat in Congress in 2002. As well as the German, French, English, Polish, hell every intel agency in the world. As well as the Iraq inspectors, they DEMANDED more time, not because they had found everything, but because Saddam Hussein was once again PREVENTING them from doing their job. THAT is in the report to the UN.

The French Intel even said Saddam Had weapons and that he was working on more, they6 just did not care because they were paid off to lift sanctions. The Russians also believed the same as did the Chinese. I wonder why they are not listed as liars as well?

oh, you mean like insisting that a nation DISARM when they don't have the WMDs that they are accused of having?

I mean like do what you agreed to do. He got his ass kicked. He agreed to terms to stop that ass-kicking. He lived up to none.

Fact is, if Saddam had been taken care of when he should have, he would have been a historical issue by the time Bush took office.

And if he didn't have any WMDs then the dumbass shouldn't have acted like he did and give the entire world the impression he was playing a shell game with inspectors.

I mean like do what you agreed to do. He got his ass kicked. He agreed to terms to stop that ass-kicking. He lived up to none.

Fact is, if Saddam had been taken care of when he should have, he would have been a historical issue by the time Bush took office.

And if he didn't have any WMDs then the dumbass shouldn't have acted like he did and give the entire world the impression he was playing a shell game with inspectors.

he wanted to play macho for his neighbors. still not a good reason for us to switch priorities and invade his country given who our real enemies were.

One point at time here:

When. When did he have them? Did he have them when we attacked? If he didn't, why the shit did we attack him then. If as the Weapons instpectors said ,and has been shown to date that they destroyed most of them, why did we attack? If you say he sent them all to other countries, then please don't ever complain about leftwing conspiracy theories again.

First off, don't put words in my mouth. I didn't say he sent them anywhere. He DID however have enough time while Bush spent months telegraphing our blow. Fact remains, I have never made any such statement.

When Saddam had them is irrelevant. There is no evidence to support a statement that weapons inspectors most of them had been destroyed, and is in direct conflict with the UN, where he is STILL accountable for tons of as of yet not located WMDs/components.

And as previously stated, when you're known to produce, posess and use WMDs, and then give weapons inspectors the runaround, you're an idiot if you DON'T have any.

Please don't insult my intelligence. You aren't some uneducated civilian. In a tactical situation you KNOW you would HAVE TO assume based on the above he had them.

What about the Mushroom Cloud statements by Condi? How close was Saddamn to a bomb?

How about it? I have no idea how close Saddam was obtaining nuclear weapons and/or their components, and have never made such a statement.

Please let's cover another piece of data and discuss it.

935 times. Documented lies. And we are supposed to believe everyone of those was not a lie, right?:eusa_wall:

Bullshit. 953 cases of using Monday morning quarterbacking to twist statemetns made previous to the fact and call them lies.

And the old saw that the right brings up about we discussed that already doesn't carry water if you didn't prove it wrong, but just moved on to another topic.

Sort of like Bush said he couldn't discuss the Libby case as long as it was an on-going investigation. Well, it isn't anymore and the little liar still won't discuss it .

Neither does the old saw the left uses of telling lies to accuse one of lying. You might be new here. I'm not. I haven't lost this arguement yet because the bottom line is you "Bush lied" types can't prove shit with any amount of fact and honesty.

All you got's smoke and mirrors and little else.

Colin Powell would disagree with you.

They were working. they weren't DONE working, but they WERE working. Like I said, to point to Saddam's bank accounts as proof that they weren't shows you really don't know what they were intended to do.

He can disagree all her wants, and so can you. It's pretty obvious what they were put in place for, and I think trying to discount the fact that the sanctions were having NO effect on the very person they were supposed to affect would be an obvious statement that YOU really don't know what they were intended to do.

Powell did not lie. Powell became a puppet for bush, DICK, AND rove. He was so embarassed by what the three stooges had him do that he left public life and will probably never return. Another good one that fell prey to the bush wh. A top notch military man who wasn't listened to and was turned away while the Cheney war machine was planning.

The GOP payed heavily in 2006 and they will pay even more in 2008. It will literally take generations for the GOP to recover from the bush-DICK years.

He can disagree all her wants, and so can you. It's pretty obvious what they were put in place for, and I think trying to discount the fact that the sanctions were having NO effect on the very person they were supposed to affect would be an obvious statement that YOU really don't know what they were intended to do.

the sanctions were against a government, not a person.

and like I said, you may be one smart gunny sergeant, but if I had to put money on who knew more about the effectiveness or lack thereof of sanctions on Iraq, I would have to go with the former four star, CJCS, and secretary of state. sorry.

the sanctions were against a government, not a person.

and like I said, you may be one smart gunny sergeant, but if I had to put money on who knew more about the effectiveness or lack thereof of sanctions on Iraq, I would have to go with the former four star, CJCS, and secretary of state. sorry.

Well yeah ... except Saddam WAS the government. That's arguing semnatics, IMO.

I'm not offended. The fact that sanctions were NOT working was quite obvious to anyone paying attention throughout the 12+ years they were in place. If you choose to disregard that in favor of quoting someone who agrees with you while disagreeing with the administration, that's on you.

Powell did not lie. Powell became a puppet for bush, DICK, AND rove. He was so embarassed by what the three stooges had him do that he left public life and will probably never return. Another good one that fell prey to the bush wh. A top notch military man who wasn't listened to and was turned away while the Cheney war machine was planning.

The GOP payed heavily in 2006 and they will pay even more in 2008. It will literally take generations for the GOP to recover from the bush-DICK years.

The whole problem with you, and threads like this is ... some of you people need to figure out how to use a dictionary and look up the word "lie." It's quite obvious some of y'all are oblivivious to the definition.

Here's a good example of a lie: Claiming someone lied after the fact for acting on information that later turned out to be incorrect, PURPOSEFULLY knowing it is an attempt to deceive/mislead anyone that will listen to you.

Well yeah ... except Saddam WAS the government. That's arguing semnatics, IMO.

I'm not offended. The fact that sanctions were NOT working was quite obvious to anyone paying attention throughout the 12+ years they were in place. If you choose to disregard that in favor of quoting someone who agrees with you while disagreeing with the administration, that's on you.

actually, he was speaking FOR the Bush administration when he said it.

The whole problem with you, and threads like this is ... some of you people need to figure out how to use a dictionary and look up the word "lie." It's quite obvious some of y'all are oblivivious to the definition.

Here's a good example of a lie: Claiming someone lied after the fact for acting on information that later turned out to be incorrect, PURPOSEFULLY knowing it is an attempt to deceive/mislead anyone that will listen to you.

the definition of LIE is quite clear: a statement intended to or serving to convey a false impression.

Team Bush's statements about Iraq's stockpiles of WMD's were made to convey the impression that there was absolute certainty about the existence - and the whereabouts - of those stockpiles. That was not, in fact, true. And they all knew that there was not absolute certainty. Ergo: lie

Forum List

Back