Burner Phones/Burner Numbers

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
I have an android phone.

Spam, robo calls, and all that sort of thing is getting to the point my blockers can't handle it anymore.
And on top of that, having to use your phone number to do anything anymore is just ludicrous.......and gets you put on SOOOO many robocall lists.

I've been thinking about a burner phone or a burner app for my Android phone.
But both seem to cost the same amount over a year of charges. Plus the burner app's I've looked at look complicated to use. I even tried one for "free" for a few days in 2019, but it was so convoluted and involved, I just gave up and deleted it.

Burner phones are cheap, but I really don't need another phone.....I just need a legitimate number I can use when I'm online, so I don't have to worry about my personal phone number being drowned in spam/scam/robo calls all the time.

Does anybody use burner apps or phones? Which ones are better? Which ones have the best CHEAP prepaid plans? What burner apps are there that are super easy and simple to operate....as well as super cheap????

I have a 2 SIM card 2 line phone called ARMOR 3. I use 2 different companies SIM cards so if out of service on one I can still get service on the other. Use a quiet ring tone for the spam line & loud ring for friends, family & work line.

I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max. I have it set so that, if the phone doesn't recognize the number, the phone doesn't ring. The call still comes through and goes to voicemail, but the phone doesn't ring, it doesn't vibrate; nothing.

That seems to be working well enough...

I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max. I have it set so that, if the phone doesn't recognize the number, the phone doesn't ring. The call still comes through and goes to voicemail, but the phone doesn't ring, it doesn't vibrate; nothing.

That seems to be working well enough...

I set all the numbers that come through that are spam or robo calls to the block number list on my phone, but there are SO many now. These spammers and robo callers change numbers on a daily basis now, and my phone just doesn't have the capacity to block them all.

I have an android phone.

Spam, robo calls, and all that sort of thing is getting to the point my blockers can't handle it anymore.
And on top of that, having to use your phone number to do anything anymore is just ludicrous.......and gets you put on SOOOO many robocall lists.

But both seem to cost the same amount over a year of charges. Plus the burner app's I've looked at look complicated to use. I even tried one for "free" for a few days in 2019, but it was so convoluted and involved, I just gave up and deleted it.

Burner phones are cheap, but I really don't need another phone.....I just need a legitimate number I can use when I'm online, so I don't have to worry about my personal phone number being drowned in spam/scam/robo calls all the time.

Does anybody use burner apps or phones? Which ones are better? Which ones have the best CHEAP prepaid plans? What burner apps are there that are super easy and simple to operate....as well as super cheap????
You don't need a burner phone.
Just get a burner #.
Basically, you pay a small fee for a number that if someone calls - it rings your phone. But that person will never see your number. You can also use it to dial out, and the other end sees the burner # not you.

I have an android phone.

You will still get spam calls on burn numbers through apps, but if you use that specific number for specific instances to protect yourself when you get spam calls you will know where the breech in privacy is coming from.
Just note, that number is never usable on web sites requiring your verification by phone, and those sites are the one abusing your number and allowing your privacy to be breeched by third parties or hackers.

Forum List

Back