Budgeting weekly meals

Cheerios are on the list of approved iron rich cereals by WIC

And Standard gocernment issue. Take it up with them Ravitard.

Cheerios are just fine. One of the few cereals without a lot of crap in it. I get Trader Joe's "Joe's Os" which are the same thing, made I think by the same company. I'm very picky about my cereals but that's just oats. If you had to pick one cereal off the standard shelf that would be a good choice.

Cheerios, rice crispies and mini wheats are about the only cereals my kids will eat.

They eat lots of Oatmeal.

Just found out quick oats at Sprouts are always .69 cents a lb.

Good to know.

I like oats in almost everything but just never developed a tolerance for oatmeal.

I like grits. :thup:

Mmm Whole Foods green chile cheese grits from the breakfast bar. :)

Is there really such a thing? :wtf:

It just sounds so wrong.
But I'll try it. :D

It's like having creamy polenta for breakfast. I'm down with that.

Now go get a healthy diet and lettuce snow the cost
Lol, Blewkin thinks bluebonnet is butter and Cheerios are part of a healthy diet.

And here you are, being a nasty bitch as usual. She is showing how a family can buy groceries on a modest amount of money. It might not be to your taste, but really, who care what you think?
You, obviously. Go ahead and raise a family on margarine, wonder bread and Cheerios. The sooner cons die of malnutrition the better. :thup:
EW, the progressive mindset comes to the fore..

Isn't it amusing how the Progs look down on the Big Agri Diet that their Federal Control of Agriculture and Food Stamps has promoted across the country?
And admit that they want control so they can starve ppl.

Cheerios are just fine. One of the few cereals without a lot of crap in it. I get Trader Joe's "Joe's Os" which are the same thing, made I think by the same company. I'm very picky about my cereals but that's just oats. If you had to pick one cereal off the standard shelf that would be a good choice.

Cheerios, rice crispies and mini wheats are about the only cereals my kids will eat.

They eat lots of Oatmeal.

Just found out quick oats at Sprouts are always .69 cents a lb.

Good to know.

I like oats in almost everything but just never developed a tolerance for oatmeal.

I like grits. :thup:

Mmm Whole Foods green chile cheese grits from the breakfast bar. :)

Is there really such a thing? :wtf:

It just sounds so wrong.
But I'll try it. :D

Here there is... But we live in the land of hatch green chilies :)

Lol, Blewkin thinks bluebonnet is butter and Cheerios are part of a healthy diet.

And here you are, being a nasty bitch as usual. She is showing how a family can buy groceries on a modest amount of money. It might not be to your taste, but really, who care what you think?
You, obviously. Go ahead and raise a family on margarine, wonder bread and Cheerios. The sooner cons die of malnutrition the better. :thup:
EW, the progressive mindset comes to the fore..

Isn't it amusing how the Progs look down on the Big Agri Diet that their Federal Control of Agriculture and Food Stamps has promoted across the country?
And admit that they want control so they can starve ppl.

Kill them off apparently.

Clearly, you didn't bother to read the wide variety of items she included. Hardly surprising that you just grab onto a minor bit and use it to trash somebody. You do, however, get 10 Points For Consistency.
Have some cheese wiz.

Have an enema and a personality transplant.
There's a good joke there

Now go get a healthy diet and lettuce snow the cost

Cheerios have the added positive attribute of being Very Toddler Friendly. Keeping a baggy of Cheerios handy for emergencies has saved the nerves of many mothers of wee tots.
And fathers....

Okay ...

Using the remaining 19.59 out of the 119.00 I didn't spend.

I stocked my fridge/freezer and pantry with the following items while they were still on sale at Albertsons.

2/2.98. Cheerios
1.99. Milk
2/1.00 Diced Tomatoes
4/2.00 Canned Peas
3/1.50. Canned Green Beans
3/1.50. Tomato Soup
2/1.00. Canned Pinto Beans
2/1.50. Spaghetti
2/1.50. Knorr Spanish Rice
2/1.50. Knorr Broccoli Cheddar Rice
4/1.00. Tina's Burritos
2/2.98. 9 oz pkgs Beef Chorizo

Last edited:
Blue Gin is one bad ass Shopper.

Great thread.

My Sears trip was a bust by the way. Prices marked up and only 10% off the stuff I was looking for. All the batteries were sold out as well.
Priced some new Washing Machines as ours is old, and the prices were almost the same at Best Buy after the 10% off deal.

Do deals there.

It's amazing what difference a little motivation makes. Fear of running out of food is a serious motivator. I work and don't get food stamps....a three person family is eligible for up to 511 snap allowance per month....more than twice my budget. And that is wrong. If I can feed my kids on less than 300 a month, why the hell can't they? Answer...they can.

It's amazing what difference a little motivation makes. Fear of running out of food is a serious motivator. I work and don't get food stamps....a three person family is eligible for up to 511 snap allowance per month....more than twice my budget. And that is wrong. If I can feed my kids on less than 300 a month, why the hell can't they? Answer...they can.

And Libs think they need even more money. Crazy.

Okay ...

I stocked my fridge/freezer and pantry with the following items while they were still on sale at Albertsons.

2/2.98. Cheerios
1.99. Milk
2/1.00 Diced Tomatoes
4/2.00 Canned Peas
3/1.50. Tomato Soup
2/1.50. Spaghetti
4/1.00. Tina's Burritos
You wouldn't eat those burritos if you ever went to the place they produce them.......The ones from Tyson's use chicken bibbin...

And they belittle US and call US trash, when we support ourselves.

I never eat take away food

I buy once a week chicken fish and veggies...fruit.nuts like pistachios and cashews for snacks...you know

I cook everything at home....no GM food allowed in this household ...nope

I live the simple life ...and I like it :)

also

I eat a lot of brown rice..and quinoa ...and grains ...that is so good for you and so tasty

Blue Gin is one bad ass Shopper.

Great thread.

My Sears trip was a bust by the way. Prices marked up and only 10% off the stuff I was looking for. All the batteries were sold out as well.
Priced some new Washing Machines as ours is old, and the prices were almost the same at Best Buy after the 10% off deal.

Do deals there.

Some times Sears has 20/30% off coupons in their store fliers. They come with the Sunday paper if you get that.

Okay ...

2/2.98. Cheerios
1.99. Milk
2/1.00 Diced Tomatoes
4/2.00 Canned Peas
3/1.50. Tomato Soup
2/1.50. Spaghetti
4/1.00. Tina's Burritos
You wouldn't eat those burritos if you ever went to the place they produce them.......The ones from Tyson's use chicken bibbin...

Usually I make my own. Refried beans, cheese, green chili... And freeze them. But I do like having them on hand. Easy after school snack food.

Okay ...

2/2.98. Cheerios
1.99. Milk
2/1.00 Diced Tomatoes
4/2.00 Canned Peas
3/1.50. Tomato Soup
2/1.50. Spaghetti
4/1.00. Tina's Burritos

Usually I make my own. Refried beans, cheese, green chili... And freeze them. But I do like having them on hand. Easy after school snack food.
I like mine with jalapenos, sour cream, cheese, salsa or taco sauce....and sometimes hamburgler...I can't believe how high tortillas have gotten...

I go through a lot of eggs, tortillas, beans. I buy cake mixes 10 at a time when they're on sale to accommodate sweet tooths and school lunches. Potatos, beans, homemade bread and biscuits. The kids love carrots...I canned about 30 lbs of carrots last summer and those stupid things saved us this winter lol. We had some kinda weird meals but they always had a big pile of carrots, and they always ate them! So I felt pretty good about that. They also like beans so we have beans pretty frequently. I can those too though I'm out of canned ones right now. I get frozen pizzas for the boy...so that if he wants munchies or unexpectedly has someone over we're covered.

And they belittle US and call US trash, when we support ourselves.

Yep. Like I told JoeB...

I made12.00 too much a month and was denied when I applied for SNAP after my divorce.

I learned real quick how to live off 200.00 / 250.00 a month.

I now make a better salary... but I still keep my budget low. And keep my freezer and pantry stocked.

Good Habit to get into.

Hell... Half the time I feed two of the neighbors kids when their dad doesn't have food in the house for them to eat.

it's a little more expensive if you eat healthy ...like no GM ...and no take aways and stuff....but its so much worth!

Forum List

Back