Does Facebook have forums?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Today's customer hired me on the spot, when I asked where she got my company name she said Facebook.
Thing is I don't Facebook or twit or any of that stuff.
Are there referral threads on Facebook? Am I missing business not being on it?
I joined when my daughter joined the army to communicate with her but that was personal & quickly discarded.

You could put your business on facebook. It kind of depends what you do, but it offers you a chance to put your message out in front of potential customers. I have a facebook and twitter account for the program that I run. It's been a good thing to keep people informed about what we're doing. You need to post stuff on a regular basis, but not multiple times per day.

It's basically free advertising, if you do it right, so all it takes is some time investment.

Um. . . a longtime ago it used to have forums, want ads., that sort of thing. You could even find jobs across the nation. After the last redesign and the introduction of new apps and games making it more friendly to smart phones, all that crap went out the door. If you want that stuff, you need to go to other more specialized web sites.

It's possible someone used your company, and then talked about it on their own profile page.

And yes, you are losing business by not having your company have it's own FB page. Most businesses have a FB page. If someone talks about your business on FB, they can hotlink to your businesses FB page if you had one.

You don't actually need to do a whole lot. Take some pictures of your business if it has any or make a design or photo for it, write up what you do, and put the contact information for your business on it's FB page, and let it go. Then it might not hurt to check the businesses FB page once a week, or once a month, just to see if you have any pissed off customers are bad mouthing you. lol

Us old people are stuck in the Dark Ages of the Yellow Pages when all them there young people are on FaceBook and Twitter, LinkedIn and what not.

Forum List

Back