Bud Light: Clinic on how NOT to handle things

/——/ Did you grow up in the Bible Belt? I did, and even in the 60s, we were called Papist. It was more subtle than the hatred for Blacks, but it was there. Even applying for jobs, I’d be asked what church I belonged to. They wanted a reference form a minister. As soon as we said, St Mary’s, we got a polite thanks but no thanks. So don’t tell me.

Yeah, sounds like someone trying to claim he was oppressed because someone said something mean to him once.

Don't buy it for a minute.

You debunked my life story? What source debunked my childhood growing up in a democRAT run state that was anti Black. Catholic and Jewish?

You are a blithering idiot.

And yet you are throwing in with these same people today. Why is that?

Yeah, sounds like someone trying to claim he was oppressed because someone said something mean to him once.

Don't buy it for a minute.

And yet you are throwing in with these same people today. Why is that?
/----/ I don't care what you believe. I lived it. You didn't.
Bob Jones University is in my home town.
Bob Jones (the university founder) is also famous for being anti-Catholic. When Pope Paul VI died, and I remember Bob Jones Jr. saying publicly, “Pope Paul VI, archpriest of Satan, a deceiver and an Antichrist, has, like Judas, gone to his own place.”

So the religion of Bob Jones University was even more stridently anti-Catholic than it was racist.

Bob Jones University students who were training to be Baptist preachers returning to campus bragging that they had visited a local Catholic church and spit in the font, then prayed for deliverance for all the devil worshippers who went there every Sunday.

/----/ I don't care what you believe. I lived it. You didn't.
Bob Jones University is in my home town.
Bob Jones (the university founder) is also famous for being anti-Catholic. When Pope Paul VI died, and I remember Bob Jones Jr. saying publicly, “Pope Paul VI, archpriest of Satan, a deceiver and an Antichrist, has, like Judas, gone to his own place.”

Wow, you mean the Bob Jones that spent the last few decades being on everyone's shit list for being kind of crazy? This is the best you have?

Hey, buddy, if the South was so Anti-Catholic back in the day, how do you explain this electoral map?

1960_large.png

What? The Bible Belt went for JFK, a hated Catholic? How could this be?

Wow, you mean the Bob Jones that spent the last few decades being on everyone's shit list for being kind of crazy? This is the best you have?

Hey, buddy, if the South was so Anti-Catholic back in the day, how do you explain this electoral map?

1960_large.png

So, what you are proving is that we are tribes that unite in uneasy alliances and will change for the agendas. As an example I see no relationship between most African Americans and the gay agendas. Yet they are on one side now and that of course is tenuous.

1960_large.png

/----/ Well, BJU was and still is a strong influence in the Bible Belt. And you still won't acknowledge the Anti Catholic bias there. I guess it means you agree with them.

The democRAT run KKK was also anti-Catholic. How are you gonna spin this one away?

The Fierce Anti-Catholicism Of The Ku Klux Klan | uCatholic

The Catholics responded to such prejudices by repeatedly asserting their rights as American citizens and by arguing that they, not the nativists (anti-Catholics), were true patriots since they believed in the right to freedom of religion. With the rapid growth of the second Ku Klux Klan (KKK) 1921-25, anti-Catholic rhetoric intensified.

And to your question, "What? The Bible Belt went for JFK, a hated Catholic? How could this be?" I'm amazed that you are arguing with me about a topic I lived through and my family experienced first hand. But you're they type that would deny the Holocaust happened to a Jew who survived Auschwitz.

So here is my final response to your ridiculous argument.
In the late 1950s, Catholic politicians were viewed with open suspicion by many mainline Protestants and Evangelicals. Shaun Casey, director of the Berkley Center for Religion, Peace and World Affairs at Georgetown University, and author of The Making of a Catholic President, says that Catholic candidates were accused of having “dual loyalties” to both the Vatican and the United States.

“The argument was, when push came to shove, a president who was Roman Catholic would ultimately be more loyal to the Vatican because the fate of his eternal soul was at stake,” says Casey. “If Kennedy was elected president, he’d criminalize birth control, he’d cut off foreign aid that helped countries invest in birth control, and he’d funnel tax money to Catholic parochial schools.”

“Nixon had a widespread, robust, anti-Catholic, pro-Protestant campaign that he was running surreptitiously,” says Casey. “People like Billy Graham and Norman Vincent Peale did a lot of organizing under the radar trying to gin up Protestant fear that this Catholic guy was going to be bad for them and bad for America.”

I was 9 years old when I heard Kennedy make this speech: "I am not the Catholic candidate for president,” JFK declared in 1960. “I am the Democratic Party's candidate for president, who happens also to be a Catholic."

“I believe it was the power of that speech,” Shaun Casey says, “and the organizing that Kennedy did among protestants himself is what turned the election for him in the closing weeks.”

/----/ Well, BJU was and still is a strong influence in the Bible Belt. And you still won't acknowledge the Anti Catholic bias there. I guess it means you agree with them.

12 years of Catholic School Hell, I could say stuff about the Church of Rome that would make the BJU guys blush.

Catholicism is what you get when you lock a bunch of repressed homosexuals up and let them make moral policy.

As tone deaf as the Dylan Mulvaney fiasco was in the first place, AB CEO seems to be rather oblivious to the current situation which continues to hurt Bud distributors, who had no say or input at all into the advertisement

In an interview with FT, "Anheuser-Busch CEO Michel Doukeris told the Financial Times in a recent interview that the boycott was driven by “misinformation and confusion” circulating on social media. Doukeris insisted that Mulvaney’s involvement wasn’t part of an official Bud Light marketing campaign. “It was one post. It was not an advertisement,” Doukeris told the outlet. The Anheuser-Busch chief said that viral videos of billboards with images of the Bud Light can with Mulvaney’s face on it inserted “electronically” had been circulated on social media and viewed by millions of people. “It was just like pure social media creation,” Doukeris said, insisting that it “had nothing to do with Bud Light.” Doukeris said it was never Bud Light’s intention to mass-produce cans with Mulvaney’s likeness on them for sale to the broader public."

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Bud Light Sales Crash "Getting Much Worse" In Latest Week Since Dylan Mulvaney Fiasco | ZeroHedge

Instead of just admitting they screwed up, he's saying, "who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?"
/——-/ Here’s an update:
IMG_4679.jpeg

Instead he did the most stupid thing which was not pick a side. Either embrace the bigots or don't, there's money on either side, there's nothing in the middle but finger waging from both sides. This guy's a dope.
InBev did the smart thing by buying other beer companies. Some people boycotting Bud Light have switched to other beers produced by AB InBev.

Forum List

Back