Buckhead is seeking its independence from Atlanta

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
It will never happen. If they want to be free of the craziness they'll have to sell and move. There's no way the vampires in the Atlanta government will allow THAT cash cow to separate itself from the rest of the tax base.

So, in your view, Buckhead's only way out of Atlanta were to allow the place to become even more ghettoized and do their best to drive down the tax base.

Of course, if they did that, the motivation for leaving Atlanta would be gone.

Probably could have done it years ago but the effort has such viciously racist undertones that no one wants to be involved.

The reasons give are due to the rising crime as well as taxes in Atlanta- not "race".

It will never happen. If they want to be free of the craziness they'll have to sell and move. There's no way the vampires in the Atlanta government will allow THAT cash cow to separate itself from the rest of the tax base.
Sounds to me like the golden goose is going to fly the coop. I hope they do. It would serve these leftist bastards right. If I lived in an area where I paid 40% of the city budget and got no police protection from thugs, I would secede or move--Michelle Obama's "white flight" be damned. Now maybe she'll understand why it is.

Probably could have done it years ago but the effort has such viciously racist undertones that no one wants to be involved.

The reasons give are due to the rising crime as well as taxes in Atlanta- not "race".
According to the OP-- “Atlanta is a city known largely for its diversity and contributions to the civil rights movement. At a time when issues of race are under the microscope, the implications of a wealthy, mostly white community leaving a majority Black city are hard to overlook,” the Journal-Constitution noted in an April 25 article. Critics have called it divisive and said the move away from Atlanta wouldn’t fix the area’s crime rate.

This is nothing new and it has everything to do with race. I am personally familiar with many current and former residents of the area who say exactly what's on their mind when they think no one who will take offense is present.

When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to separate themselves from another, the decent thing is to say why.

Atlanta is going to hell in a handbasket, and the Buckheadites are ready to form their own city.

I don't blame them. Anyone who values their lives have already left the blue shitholes.

This is nothing new and it has everything to do with race. I am personally familiar with many current and former residents of the area who say exactly what's on their mind when they think no one who will take offense is present.

If the Buckheadites are the racist trouble makers you seem to think, why wouldn't the City of Atlanta open the door for them if they want to leave, reminding them not to let the door hit them in the ass on the way out?

Forcing people to belong to a city they feel is doing them wrong just creates discord.

If the Buckheadites are the racist trouble makers you seem to think, why wouldn't the City of Atlanta open the door for them if they want to leave, reminding them not to let the door hit them in the ass on the way out?

Forcing people to belong to a city they feel is doing them wrong just creates discord.
Pretty sure there are plentiful real estate agents and U-Haul dealers around that area. No one is forcing anyone to live anywhere. Bunch of them are moving here to Florida and somehow they are still miserable assholes.

The City of Atlanta doesn't have to allow it. Sandy Springs and Dunwoody both seceded from Atlanta. It takes approval from the state legislature.

Can you provide an example of such overtones?
This is practically local politics for me. Not going to repeat what these people say after looking around to see who's listening. Seems like all these Georgia carpetbaggers have to tell me exactly why they left "shithole" Atlanta after making enough money for me to build them a beach house.

If it was about race then they would have threatened to secede before. It's about not wanting to put up with violence. Its not about having black or brown neighbors.

If it was about race then they would have threatened to secede before. It's about not wanting to put up with violence. Its not about having black or brown neighbors.
It's Georgia. To say there is no racial component to this ongoing upper middle class temper tantrum is ludicrous. Seceding from Atlanta does not put Atlanta any further away geographically. They just can't stand the thought of their tax money going to all the brown people they drive past going to work, in Atlanta.

This is practically local politics for me. Not going to repeat what these people say after looking around to see who's listening. Seems like all these Georgia carpetbaggers have to tell me exactly why they left "shithole" Atlanta after making enough money for me to build them a beach house.

So you can't provide any such example, just as I thought. Thanks.

So you can't provide any such example, just as I thought. Thanks.
You must not live in the south.

Forum List

Back