Brown Case Shows Need for Street Cameras

Thanks for blowing the conservative image. I was always pretty safe in calling Liberals Totalitarians for their love of Big Government and then you come along pushing for a surveillance state where government tracks you and you have the gall to call that Freedom. Why don't you just complete your transformation and join your totalitarian friends on the left and declare yourself a liberal.

I do not trust this "If only the gov't could see more" idea anymore than I buy into the idea "If you aren't doing anything wrong you shouldn't worry" nonsense.

Some folks just want Big Brother to fix everything.
Those who talk about big brother, have little conception of US govt.

Thanks for blowing the conservative image. I was always pretty safe in calling Liberals Totalitarians for their love of Big Government and then you come along pushing for a surveillance state where government tracks you and you have the gall to call that Freedom. Why don't you just complete your transformation and join your totalitarian friends on the left and declare yourself a liberal.

I do not trust this "If only the gov't could see more" idea anymore than I buy into the idea "If you aren't doing anything wrong you shouldn't worry" nonsense.

Really? Because it seems to me that we have had ample evidence that NSA and Homeland Security have been spying on us with alarming frequency.

Really? Because it seems to me that we have had ample evidence that NSA and Homeland Security have been spying on us with alarming frequency.
Yeah! Really! :D

You trust our federal gov't?

Liberals won't feel safe until every home is equipped with bedroom and bathroom cams. But they'd draw the line at having basement cams......

Whadya talkin' bout? Protectionist is 'conservative'. He SAID so!!!

When it comes down to it, authoritarians are comfortable in either party. Which sucks.

My entire income comes from the federal govt (VA pension + Social Security) This has been the case for 5 years with SS, and 3 years with VA. I haven't missed a payment yet. So after about 100 monthly payments, they haven't missed one.

Also, I get medical care from the VA. Contrary to negative publicity, the overwhelming majority of VA medical care is excellent. Mine has been, and I've had 7 surgeries since New Years 2014. So yeah, I guess I trust them. They've come through for me. BIG time. :D

Liberals won't feel safe until every home is equipped with bedroom and bathroom cams. But they'd draw the line at having basement cams......
Street cams are a conservative thing. Biggest proponents > dozens of police departments all over the country.

Tonight on Fox News, a radio talk show host, McGraw Millhaven, said various people in Ferguson, MO are posturing in front of the cameras in an effort to get elected mayor. And in the meantime, a teenager is dead, and a cop is being accused (by some) of murder. And the fact is, we don't know what happened.

Well folks, if there was a street camera on the street of the shooting, we'd have a video of the whole thing, and we WOULD know what happened. :D

Congrats. They pay you and provide medical for you. That is not really what I was talking about.

Yes, I trust them to mail checks. But as far as trusting them to do the right thing with information? Haven't we seen enough examples of the problems?

Also, if it supports you, protects you, and pays your Drs, isn't Big Brother a proper phrase?

My entire income comes from the federal govt (VA pension + Social Security) This has been the case for 5 years with SS, and 3 years with VA. I haven't missed a payment yet. So after about 100 monthly payments, they haven't missed one.

Also, I get medical care from the VA. Contrary to negative publicity, the overwhelming majority of VA medical care is excellent. Mine has been, and I've had 7 surgeries since New Years 2014. So yeah, I guess I trust them. They've come through for me. BIG time. :D

I meant WHY do they think the cameras are not a good idea. Upon what do they base that "judgement" ?

It is a magazine article. It is a few pages. Read the link. In the time you have taken to ask me 3 times to give you a Readers Digest version, you could have read it.
In the time you have taken to not tell us (in a nutshell) WHY they think the cameras are not a good idea, you could have told us 1000 times over.

I meant WHY do they think the cameras are not a good idea. Upon what do they base that "judgement" ?

It is a magazine article. It is a few pages. Read the link. In the time you have taken to ask me 3 times to give you a Readers Digest version, you could have read it.
In the time you have taken to not tell us (in a nutshell) WHY they think the cameras are not a good idea, you could have told us 1000 times over.

And you could have read the link I provided. That is kinda the point of links.

But if you insist on staying off topic, I guess that answers it all.

True, but the camera could still pick up other distinctions. Such as a particular type of boots or shoes, pants, shirt, jacket, gait, slight limp, peculiar habit (ex. rubbing one's ear), scars on arms, legs, or hands, tattoos, particular type of drink, food, candy, or cigarette, etc.
Nobody said the camera could do everything, but it is catching thousands of criminals all across America (who are NOT wearing hoodies)

Unless the camera can pick out the details of something specific to that one individual, and that cannot be on anyone else, it would be worthless in court.
Of course. And that is the beauty of video cameras. They do just that.:D

Where was I off topic ????????

True, but the camera could still pick up other distinctions. Such as a particular type of boots or shoes, pants, shirt, jacket, gait, slight limp, peculiar habit (ex. rubbing one's ear), scars on arms, legs, or hands, tattoos, particular type of drink, food, candy, or cigarette, etc.
Nobody said the camera could do everything, but it is catching thousands of criminals all across America (who are NOT wearing hoodies)

Unless the camera can pick out the details of something specific to that one individual, and that cannot be on anyone else, it would be worthless in court.
Of course. And that is the beauty of video cameras. They do just that.:D

Where was I off topic ????????

Every time you post whining that I won't give you some "in a nutshell" version of a link I posted. Read the freakin link or don't. No skin off my ass either way.

You want big brother watching. We get that. Some don't prefer a nanny state.

What are you ? A criminal ?

What are you? A moron? A statist? A fascist?

No, I'm an ordinary law-abiding citizen, who wants to see little girls like Carlie Brucia not be abducted, raped, and killed. So now that I've answered your question, which came second, you may now answer MY question which came first. Except that I'll I'll add one more part to it. Are you a moron ?
A camera will stop them from being abducted?

Yes, it would significantly reduce the window of opportunity for monsters to kidnap girls. Who would kidnap someone if they know they are being filmed?

Forum List

Back