Broke into the wrong home...scene from America, armed mom stops violent criminal with her gun....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Great story...sad for the woman having to shoot this guy, but he is the one who made this action necessary....

While Rheams had some blunt heavy objects that could have been wielded as weapons, fortunately the homeowner had access to a firearm, which she used to protect herself and her family.

Deputies later learned the victim was there with her two young children when Rheams got into the home.
The department said the woman confronted Rheams and fatally shot him.
Rheams was out on parole at the time of the shooting, having served 20 years in prison for armed robbery. Deputies also believe he tried to carjack someone just hours before the shooting.
No one was arrested, but prosecutors are expected to review the case.
The local D.A. may take a look at the woman’s actions, but Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff’s Office Chief Deputy Jimmy Travis says that the initial police investigation indicates this was a matter of “”a homeowner exercising Second Amendment rights to protect herself and her children.”

Police haven’t released any details about the attempted carjacking that Rheams allegedly engaged in a few hours before he broke into the woman’s home, including how the would-be victim was able to get away, but whatever the reason it apparently wasn’t enough to persuade Rheams to head home for the night, which would have been the best outcome for everyone involved.

Great story...sad for the woman having to shoot this guy, but he is the one who made this action necessary....

While Rheams had some blunt heavy objects that could have been wielded as weapons, fortunately the homeowner had access to a firearm, which she used to protect herself and her family.

The local D.A. may take a look at the woman’s actions, but Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff’s Office Chief Deputy Jimmy Travis says that the initial police investigation indicates this was a matter of “”a homeowner exercising Second Amendment rights to protect herself and her children.”

Police haven’t released any details about the attempted carjacking that Rheams allegedly engaged in a few hours before he broke into the woman’s home, including how the would-be victim was able to get away, but whatever the reason it apparently wasn’t enough to persuade Rheams to head home for the night, which would have been the best outcome for everyone involved.

Good article by Cam Edwards. The mom did well. I hope she knows it.

You truly have to be fucking retarded to rob random people whose defensive capabilities you are completely unaware of. If I was going to rob somebody I'd be investigating them for weeks. I'd know who they are, and that they don't have guns, or have a low chance of killing me, etc. I'd plan when and where to enter and exit. I'd have an idea of what I'm there to grab and then get out ASAP. I'd make sure the deck is stacked in my favor. Imagine breaking into random fucking homes without a plan. Darwinism.

Rather than sadness, it's more likely that shooters get satisfaction out of killing another human being.

As is the case when pro-gunners post the events that end in death. There's satisfaction in making the point over and over again.

I'm registering my displeasure as a Canadian because death is never the desirable outcome in Canada.

I'm not so sure it is desirable in America either, but we have no real representation of the American mindset on this forum.

Are there any pro-lifers other than those whose concern is other than unborn fetuses?

You truly have to be fucking retarded to rob random people whose defensive capabilities you are completely unaware of. If I was going to rob somebody I'd be investigating them for weeks and I'd know who they are, and that they don't have guns, or have a low chance of killing me, etc. I'd make sure the deck is stacked in my favor. Imagine breaking into random fucking homes without a plan. Darwinism.
For what it is worth, I approve of this message.

You truly have to be fucking retarded to rob random people whose defensive capabilities you are completely unaware of. If I was going to rob somebody I'd be investigating them for weeks. I'd know who they are, and that they don't have guns, or have a low chance of killing me, etc. I'd plan when and where to enter and exit. I'd have an idea of what I'm there to grab and then get out ASAP. I'd make sure the deck is stacked in my favor. Imagine breaking into random fucking homes without a plan. Darwinism.
I would never rob somebody but if I was going to rob somebody with guns I would kill them first. Homeowners with guns are more likely to die in a burglary, than those without guns.

meanwhile.jpg

Imagine when some of the 4-8 Million Illegals that have swarmed into America in
Last 30 months start breaking into random homes of a need induced crime tsunami

It happens...
Screenshot_20230110_122410_9GAG.jpg

I would never rob somebody but if I was going to rob somebody with guns I would kill them first. Homeowners with guns are more likely to die in a burglary, than those without guns.
Thus setting you up for a murder charge if caught rather than a burglary charge.
Good thinking.

and yet all the posts we see are the gun owner/homeowner not dying and the burglar dying,,

at some point you have to realize your narrative is false and youre just repeating what youre told,,

Rather than sadness, it's more likely that shooters get satisfaction out of killing another human being.

As is the case when pro-gunners post the events that end in death. There's satisfaction in making the point over and over again.

I'm registering my displeasure as a Canadian because death is never the desirable outcome in Canada.

I'm not so sure it is desirable in America either, but we have no real representation of the American mindset on this forum.

Are there any pro-lifers other than those whose concern is other than unborn fetuses?

Im satisfied that we did not wake up to a headline that read. woman and kids bludgeoned to death by a man with a shovel. Very satisfied.
There are not often stories to point to where a citizen frightens away an intruder with a gun.... because its more rare that those incidents will even make the news at all.

Forum List

Back