Brits choose grotesque racially-stereotypical statue to display on Trafalgar Square

(1) Is this a joke or something?

(2) Surely England has not fallen so low that it would choose something like that to display in the once great city of London, the brave city during World War II and the city of the beautiful and dignified Queen Elizabeth II.
You may not agree or like her her winning entry .
Ditto myself .
But she is internationally acclaimed . And big time .

992355a9927cac4b95a857974fce1a18.jpg

Cartoon image.

skynews-fourth-plinth-trafalgar-square_5053245.jpg

skynews-fourth-plinth-art_5053247.jpg

Previously, strange artworks were put on display on the Fourth Plinth, which served as tourist attractions at London's Trafalgar Square. My mother was an aspiring modern artist.

Last edited:

Cartoon image.

I remember that same image from one of Robert Crumb's Zap Comix in the 60's. He was considered a "woke" artist and a left-wing hero back then, but most of his portrayal of blacks would be considered very racist today.

Angelfood McSpade - Wikipedia

"Crumb's work is also filled with unsavory images of African Americans (such as his recurring character Angelfood McSpade), who are often portrayed as indigent, tribal, and caricatured. Crumb often utilized African American characters as "tokens", appearing as re-used tropes such as clowns, tribesmen, athletes, etc. Researcher Edward Shannon interpreted the themes of Crumb's story containing marginalized Africans in "When the ******* Take Over America" (published in 1993 in Weirdo) like this: "Crumb ... explores both the American Dream and its nightmare reflection; in this ... strip all-American white middle class children are depicted as cannibals eager to devour the devalued and dehumanized other."[82] Crumb has responded to criticism by claiming that he did not invent racist caricature, but that they were part of the American culture in which he was raised.[83][84] He sees his art as a criticism of the racist stereotype itself and assumed that the audience who read his work in the late 1960s were not racists and would understand his intentions.[83][85]"

Robert Crumb - Wikipedia

1710781031531.jpeg

1710781117523.jpeg

1710781201915.jpeg

I remember that same image from one of Robert Crumb's Zap Comix in the 60's. He was considered a "woke" artist and a left-wing hero back then, but most of his portrayal of blacks would be considered very racist today.

Angelfood McSpade - Wikipedia

"Crumb's work is also filled with unsavory images of African Americans (such as his recurring character Angelfood McSpade), who are often portrayed as indigent, tribal, and caricatured. Crumb often utilized African American characters as "tokens", appearing as re-used tropes such as clowns, tribesmen, athletes, etc. Researcher Edward Shannon interpreted the themes of Crumb's story containing marginalized Africans in "When the ******* Take Over America" (published in 1993 in Weirdo) like this: "Crumb ... explores both the American Dream and its nightmare reflection; in this ... strip all-American white middle class children are depicted as cannibals eager to devour the devalued and dehumanized other."[82] Crumb has responded to criticism by claiming that he did not invent racist caricature, but that they were part of the American culture in which he was raised.[83][84] He sees his art as a criticism of the racist stereotype itself and assumed that the audience who read his work in the late 1960s were not racists and would understand his intentions.[83][85]"

Robert Crumb - Wikipedia

View attachment 918945

View attachment 918946

View attachment 918947

Takes me back to before I grew up, woke up and got a brain.

Guess I didn't smoke enough weed back then, because this leftist shit didn't sink in deep enough.

Happy!

A statue of a fat black woman has now been chosen to represent what Britain stands for.

Dat ass! :laughing0301:

Statue Of Fat Black Woman Chosen To Adorn London's Fourth Plinth​

"A statue of a fat black woman which “pays homage to a young, metropolitan woman of colour” will feature on Trafalgar Square’s Fourth Plinth in London from 2026 onwards, an announcement that was met with widespread derision..."

Statue Of Fat Black Woman Chosen To Adorn London's Fourth Plinth | ZeroHedge

View attachment 918865

View attachment 918868

You'll praise it or be jailed

Demockwacy!

Forum List

Back