British muslim terrorist got his gun from a convicted felon...who can't buy, own or carry or sell guns so none of the gun laws would have stopped it

No, what you are saying is that there is a vast source of law abiding gun owners selling their guns to felons and such, but don't bring any evidence to prove it.

Considering a "crooke" i.e. usually a felon can't own a gun in the first place, any law that allows him to sell it without a background check is moot because of his crime of having the gun, AND giving it to probably another felon.
But anyone who legally owns a gun can sell it without any kind of information about the buyer. Don't tell me every gun owner will make an effort to research the buyer if he doesn't have to. We both know better than that. It's an "everyone gets a gun" situation. Check those Texas laws I gave you a link to. Show me where it says a seller has any obligation to find out if the buyer can legally own a gun. If that was a requirement, background checks would be a requirement.

Nope....what you want, according to your logic is to ban all drugs.....if we follow what you want for guns....that is where your logic leads..

We have all the laws we need on the books.....what happens? The democrat party judges and prosecutors keep releasing the most violent, repeat gun offenders over and over again....they are the individuals doing almost all of the shooting and killing, primarily in democrat party controlled cities...

The laws you want to add.....do nothing to stop them........you keep pushing Universal background checks...would not have stopped this felon since he already could not buy, own or carry the illegal gun he had, and then sold, without a background check, to another illegal individual...

The very thing you want, would not have stopped this transaction...but, it would put normal gun owners in legal peril if they lend a rifle to a friend without taking them to a gun store to get a background check.....turning law abiding gun owners into felons...for the simple act of lending a gun to someone they know....

At the same time....the only reason you actually want universal background checks, since you already know they don't work....is so that later you can demand gun registration.....which you need when you get the power to ban and confiscate guns...
Don't be so silly. Checking to see if someone can legally have a gun or drugs before you give it to them is a good idea, and you know it.

And that is the exact argument you will use when you come back to demand gun registration.....

In all the countries that banned and confiscated guns, the first thing they did was register the guns....on the promise it would keep the citizens safer.....Europe registered guns in the 1920s, and by 1939 began the process of murdering 15 million innocent men, women and children...
Then you can whine about registration before that law is passed. Background checks are not registration. I know you always say they are the same thing, but you're nuts.

They don't, they have asked them......they get them from straw buyers.....people who are knowingly selling guns to criminals....and not doing any background check....then the next source is stealing them.....

They are not getting their guns from normal gun buyers selling their guns.....
That's nuts, but we both know that.

But anyone who legally owns a gun can sell it without any kind of information about the buyer. Don't tell me every gun owner will make an effort to research the buyer if he doesn't have to. We both know better than that. It's an "everyone gets a gun" situation. Check those Texas laws I gave you a link to. Show me where it says a seller has any obligation to find out if the buyer can legally own a gun. If that was a requirement, background checks would be a requirement.

The issue is any law proposed by the gun grabbers makes things like handing your rifle to your son during a hunt, or showing a friend your handgun in your house, or even lending a gun to a friend for a day require you go to a dealer for a background check that costs you money and time.

And then the person has to pay for each of these things.

THIS is why gun owners don't trust lying assholes like you when it comes to gun issues.

The issue is any law proposed by the gun grabbers makes things like handing your rifle to your son during a hunt, or showing a friend your handgun in your house, or even lending a gun to a friend for a day require you go to a dealer for a background check that costs you money and time.

And then the person has to pay for each of these things.

THIS is why gun owners don't trust lying assholes like you when it comes to gun issues.
All details that could be worked out with the slightest bit of cooperation. All the gun nuts know how to say is no.

All details that could be worked out with the slightest bit of cooperation. All the gun nuts know how to say is no.

And all gun grabbers know how to do is grab. There is negotiation when one side wants to make it as difficult as possible or impossible for law abiding people to own firearms.

In New York, more than 100 people die each day from drug overdoses. Using the OPs crazy logic, none of the drug laws could have prevented these deaths anyway, so they are useless.

This is what you people prayed for in the Kyle Rittenhouse case. Now that it happened to one of yours, you just deflect, deflect, deflect. Loser.

And all gun grabbers know how to do is grab. There is negotiation when one side wants to make it as difficult as possible or impossible for law abiding people to own firearms.
I see you snuggled back into that warm blanket of gun nut rhetoric. Have a nice nap.

I see you snuggled back into that warm blanket of gun nut rhetoric. Have a nice nap.

I see you denying the end goal of most gun control enthusiasts.

In NYC it takes you 3-6 months, hundreds of dollars, and days of visits to 1 Police Plaza to just keep a revolver in your house or apartment. For concealed carry you have to have a valid "reason" or they can deny you on the spot. If that isn't infringement, I don't know what is.

We have all the laws we need to arrest the criminal, who knows that they cannot buy that gun, and lock them up.....it falls apart when the democrat party lets them out over and over again....

You don't know anything....you want to use universal background checks to get gun registration......you lie about this, and pretend that normal gun owners are supplying guns to criminals......this is a lie.

The actual straw buyers knowingly sell to criminals....they know they are committing a crime...and ignore all those laws you want anyway...and we have laws to arrest these people as well....and then, again, the democrat party judges and prosecutors let them go, over and over again....

No...we know that each concession we make is simply the starting point for your next grab........just like universal background checks would be the stepping off point for you to then demand gun registration.......

I see you denying the end goal of most gun control enthusiasts.

In NYC it takes you 3-6 months, hundreds of dollars, and days of visits to 1 Police Plaza to just keep a revolver in your house or apartment. For concealed carry you have to have a valid "reason" or they can deny you on the spot. If that isn't infringement, I don't know what is.
Wrong. That is what the gun nuts told you, but the goal of most advocates of gun control is not to eliminate guns.
Each state sets their own rules. Most have no requirement for background checks for individual sales. I thought the right was all for states rights.

Wrong. That is what the gun nuts told you, but the goal of most advocates of gun control is not to eliminate guns.
Each state sets their own rules. Most have no requirement for background checks for individual sales. I thought the right was all for states rights.

Yes it is.

Sorry but States rights stops as shall not be infringed.

As a US citizen I have RKBA.

Is NY rules infringement or not?

The Supreme Court said the state can regulate guns as they wish.

No, they said they can regulate, they can't ban, or in NY's case, shadow ban.

Besides, I asked the question, Is NY's home ownership handgun rule infringement or not?

This is why gun owners trust Democrats less with the right to keep and bear arms than Democrats trust Republicans with abortion.

I've seen that as well. The thing is in the States where most hard core abortion rights people live Abortion will be protected at the State level.

I am against Roe, but I am also against any national abortion ban, and would probably vote against one in my State (which would never happen in NY)

Roe is a terrible decision, just like Dredd Scott and Plessey v. Fergueson.

Forum List

Back