Brilliant strategy

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
I am no fan of Trump. But I have to hand it to him where his strategy is concerned. It is absolutely brilliant.

When he put someone in charge of the Dept of Ed, when her only qualification was that she donated millions to politicians, it was obvious that there was not going to be any pretense that our current administration was not all about assisting the rich and the corporate interests. But it has gone much, much farther.

The outrage and craziness over Trump's cabinet, the travel bans, building the wall, talking about using the military to track down and deport illegal immigrants, and the huge increase in military spending have gained so much attention that the real dangers have gone unnoticed.

While people march in protest and throw hissy fits over the above items, the GOP controlled House has introduced bills to terminate the EPA, terminate the Dept of Ed, repeal the rule protecting wildlife, and written a National Right to Work bill (so much for state's rights here).

Does anyone doubt that these bills were written by ALEC? Or that they are expressly written to help corporations make more with fewer liabilities and problems?

And even if Trump is impeached, the only things that will be rolled back are the funding for the wall, the travel bans, and possibly the increased funding for the military.

The general population will be so proud that they helped defeat the wall, travel bans, using the military to deport immigrants, and stopping the huge increase in military spending. None of that was a real goal of this administration anyway. But the corporations will be free from the burden of being held responsible for polluting the air and water, free from having to worry about a project causing the extinction of some inconsequential animal, free from having to deal with any unions (or state officials who disagree with a Right to Work rule) and free from worrying about a well educated population. I expect OSHA and the Dept of Labor will soon find themselves in the crosshairs.

The result is a disaster. But the strategy is brilliant.

The corporations will be happy. The population will be happy. And the only changes will be negative ones.

I am no fan of Trump. But I have to hand it to him where his strategy is concerned. It is absolutely brilliant.

When he put someone in charge of the Dept of Ed, when her only qualification was that she donated millions to politicians, it was obvious that there was not going to be any pretense that our current administration was not all about assisting the rich and the corporate interests. But it has gone much, much farther.

The outrage and craziness over Trump's cabinet, the travel bans, building the wall, talking about using the military to track down and deport illegal immigrants, and the huge increase in military spending have gained so much attention that the real dangers have gone unnoticed.

While people march in protest and throw hissy fits over the above items, the GOP controlled House has introduced bills to terminate the EPA, terminate the Dept of Ed, repeal the rule protecting wildlife, and written a National Right to Work bill (so much for state's rights here).

Does anyone doubt that these bills were written by ALEC? Or that they are expressly written to help corporations make more with fewer liabilities and problems?

And even if Trump is impeached, the only things that will be rolled back are the funding for the wall, the travel bans, and possibly the increased funding for the military.

The general population will be so proud that they helped defeat the wall, travel bans, using the military to deport immigrants, and stopping the huge increase in military spending. None of that was a real goal of this administration anyway. But the corporations will be free from the burden of being held responsible for polluting the air and water, free from having to worry about a project causing the extinction of some inconsequential animal, free from having to deal with any unions (or state officials who disagree with a Right to Work rule) and free from worrying about a well educated population. I expect OSHA and the Dept of Labor will soon find themselves in the crosshairs.

The corporations will be happy. The population will be happy. And the only changes will be negative ones.

Faint praise is often damning. But in your case, it is a badge of honor.

Most of your is nothing but confirmation bias, but you do, touch on a point a buddy of mine has been saying for years.

Since the media will scream as loud as they can that the Republicans are doing Evul Things, no matter what or how a Republicans does anything, Republicans might as well just do as much as they can as fast as they can, however they can, so that the Media can't scream about all of them.

Fuck the media. Fuck the lefties.

Most of your is nothing but confirmation bias, but you do, touch on a point a buddy of mine has been saying for years.

Since the media will scream as loud as they can that the Republicans are doing Evul Things, no matter what or how a Republicans does anything, Republicans might as well just do as much as they can as fast as they can, however they can, so that the Media can't scream about all of them.

Right, because only lefties need clean water, clean air, and controls on where toxic waste is dumped, huh?

Poor snowflake....the rules have changed....

Talk about paranoid!

Paranoid? lol The bills have been introduced. Do you think, once the EPA is gone, that big companies will work to keep the water and air clean out of the goodness of their hearts? Do you think they will be honest about what they do with their toxic waste?

They sure did before the EPA, huh?

Talk about paranoid!

Paranoid? lol The bills have been introduced. Do you think, once the EPA is gone, that big companies will work to keep the water and air clean out of the goodness of their hearts? Do you think they will be honest about what they do with their toxic waste?

Why sure they will, just like before the EPA...

Right, because only lefties need clean water, clean air, and controls on where toxic waste is dumped, huh?

Exactly.

No matter what a republican does, that is what you lefties will be saying.

So, Republicans should NOT GIVE A FUCK!

AND while they are at that do 5 other things that you lefties will be outrages about.

Because you can only scream at the top of your lungs. Once you max out your volume you can't communicate any higher level of panic.

Your habit of constant trolling and panic mongering and race baiting, has grown to be a fine COVER for Republicans to do whatever they want.

Do you realize that even many of your fellows who are pretending to be upset, don't really believe that anything has changed? Right?

You see that constantly with the references that show they believe that Trump is continuing Bush's trade policy or foreign policy.

Trump's strategy is brilliant. But not for most the reasons you wrote. When he made the wiretapping accusation everyone stopped talking about Jeff Sessions and the Russians. No one seems to be talking about the new travel ban (part 2) either. The media is being played and Trump is pulling the strings.

Talk about paranoid!

Do you even know whats in the bills?

LMAO! Snowflake? Given the amount of whining coming from this administration, I would have thought that term would drop off the map.

But if not wanting to have toxic waste dumped just anywhere makes me a "snowflake", I have no problem with the title.

But let me know if you want to discuss the topic, instead of just resorting to childish name-calling.

Talk about paranoid!

Yeah, paranoid. The EPA is a wasteful bureaucracy. Laws can be passed without having to have their own department to accompany them.

When you weaponize government agencies to go beyond basic controls and regulations, when you want the government to declare a ditch of runoff a "waterway of the United States. when you want an agency to set ridiculous CAFE standards designed to get us all driving golf carts, when you attempt to eliminate an entire industry (coal mining) by claiming to use regulations to control it that are actually regulations to end it, when you send "letters of concern" that allow universities to throw due process out of the window, you are going to get push-back. and pushback is what we need.

Talk about paranoid!

Do you even know whats in the bills?

Yep.

"
115th CONGRESS
1st Session

H. R. 861

To terminate the Environmental Protection Agency.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
February 3, 2017
Mr. Gaetz (for himself, Mr. Massie, Mr. Palazzo, and Mr. Loudermilk) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Energy and Commerce, and in addition to the Committees on Agriculture, Transportation and Infrastructure, and Science, Space, and Technology, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned

A BILL
To terminate the Environmental Protection Agency.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. Termination of the Environmental Protection Agency.

The Environmental Protection Agency shall terminate on December 31, 2018"

Talk about paranoid!

Yeah, paranoid. The EPA is a wasteful bureaucracy. Laws can be passed without having to have their own department to accompany them.

And prior to the EPA being created, what was the trend in the quality of our air, water or in the dumping of toxic wastes?

And if there are wasteful parts of the EPA, go after them. Change them. Terminating the entire agency is not the answer.

So does this new EPA ban totally take out Title 40? Code of Federal Regulations (40 CFR) Regulations are codified annually in the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations (CFR). Title 40: Protection of Environment is the section of the CFR that deals with EPA's mission of protecting human health and the environment.

Talk about paranoid!

And prior to the EPA being created, what was the trend in the quality of our air, water or in the dumping of toxic wastes?

And if there are wasteful parts of the EPA, go after them. Change them. Terminating the entire agency is not the answer.

If you guys cared about that, maybe you shouldn't have been abusing the agency.

LMAO! Snowflake? Given the amount of whining coming from this administration, I would have thought that term would drop off the map.

But if not wanting to have toxic waste dumped just anywhere makes me a "snowflake", I have no problem with the title.

But let me know if you want to discuss the topic, instead of just resorting to childish name-calling.
Yes indeed....do let us know.....

Forum List

Back