Brees tries to recover

Doesn't cut it. Too late to apologize. The horses are already out of the gate and far, far across the prairie.

What he said was what he intended to say. He meant it, or he wouldn't have said it. He is just one of many flag hugging, waving neo-cons who claim to "love" our country and want to protect it (for white nationalists.)

Just be patient Drew, the chief Bunker Inspector, who set the gold standard for draft dodging, will defend you at some point.
I think Brees meant well and was trying to show his respect for our country.
But in doing so, he showed disrespect for those who have legitimate concerns for police brutality.

He will be destroyed anyway, because unless you toe the SJW line 100% you are the enemy.
Brees is on an apology tour right now. He generally does quite well in the press. I think this will pass.
I disagree with brees

but I understand his problem

a quarterback will not last long if black offensive lineman do not block for them

Doesn't cut it. Too late to apologize. The horses are already out of the gate and far, far across the prairie.

What he said was what he intended to say. He meant it, or he wouldn't have said it. He is just one of many flag hugging, waving neo-cons who claim to "love" our country and want to protect it (for white nationalists.)

Just be patient Drew, the chief Bunker Inspector, who set the gold standard for draft dodging, will defend you at some point.
I think Brees meant well and was trying to show his respect for our country.
But in doing so, he showed disrespect for those who have legitimate concerns for police brutality.

By police brutality, you mean brutalizing police....I hope.

He didn't say anything to apologize for and he's not required to apologize to anyone for their choosing to be offended anyway.

What he said was what he intended to say. He meant it, or he wouldn't have said it.

Yes, he said was what he intended to say and he meant it. So what? Are you going to have a meltdown over this?

He is just one of many flag hugging, waving neo-cons who claim to "love" our country and want to protect it (for white nationalists.)

Oh for fuck's sake. You people have raised conflation and fake outrage to an art form.

Where is the outrage from his fellow players about the wanton destruction of businesses and property of innocent people? For that matter, where is the outrage over the needless additional deaths of innocents (most of whom are black btw) as a direct result of the rioting?

People are dying and losing their livelihoods but what sparks your outrage is a conservative respecting the flag? You people really need to reexamine your priorities.

He can't go back now. These people don't want debate, they won't accept any other opinion but their own. They won, they have successfully silenced the opposition, they have the media, they have every politician in their shorts, they believe they are the righteous ones, and anyone opposing them must be silenced and must and will be stopped.
Welcome to Mao's China.

He can't go back now. These people don't want debate, they won't accept any other opinion but their own. They won, they have successfully silenced the opposition, they have the media, they have every politician in their shorts, they believe they are the righteous ones, and anyone opposing them must be silenced and must and will be stopped.
Welcome to Mao's China.
So you really think Brees is the last person left that will say he worships a rag over the respect for another humans dignity and life?

Welcome to Mao's China.
So you really think Brees is the last person left that will say he worships a rag over the respect for another humans dignity and life?

They'll see how Brees is going to be steamrolled for daring to share his opinions publicly, so it's doubtful anyone with much to lose will speak out.

Oh man this again?

When will the far right radical extremists just accept that we all have a right to free expression?

If someone wants to take a knee during the anthem I support them.

If someone wants to not take a knee during the anthem I support them.

If someone wants to persecute someone for taking a knee, I do not support them. I will never support anyone who tries to deny any legal freedom that all Americans enjoy.

I will never understand why people think they have the right to deny anyone their rights as an American.

If you don't like someone taking a knee during the anthem, don't look.

Stop screaming about freedom while you do all you can to take freedom from people who have different views from you.

Those of you who are trying to use this as an issue to further divide our nation or to cause more hate, you spit on the memory of every American who died for everyone's right to freedom.

When will the far right radical extremists just accept that we all have a right to free expression?
Correct

my attitude is take a knee, break a knee

the we’ll all have something to cheer about

Those of you who are trying to use this as an issue to further divide our nation or to cause more hate, you spit on the memory of every American who died for everyone's right to freedom.
Brees did not yry to prevent his teammates from taking a knee

so its liberals who are suppressing free speech

Not to worry!

If he grovels enough, they will forgive him -- if he also "volunteers" to contribute a hefty financial contribution to the sacred cause. And if he signs a statement promising never to say anything without running it past the BLM censorship board first.

His comments as quoted in this CNN article are 100% proper, decent, and not requiring an apology of any sort. Somebody must have coerced Brees into making that ridiculous apology.

Brees ought to get a medal for what he said.

Welcome to Mao's China.

They'll see how Brees is going to be steamrolled for daring to share his opinions publicly, so it's doubtful anyone with much to lose will speak out.
Why? Dont so called patriots believe in standing up for what they believe in no matter the cost?

Forum List

Back