BREAKING: United States attacks Syria

details details-----"radical" arab muslims.

You were the one, I believe, that specifically said al qaeda. Try to be more specific in your questions if you expect an accurate response.

Are you refering to the rash of bombing in the 1980s? The ones the mostly occured in Lebanon? That was mostly because we were in lebanon. That was hezbollah, and shia extremist groups.

Guess what? Hezbollah stopped attacking americans when we left their country.

You were the one, I believe, that specifically said al qaeda. Try to be more specific in your questions if you expect an accurate response.

Are you refering to the rash of bombing in the 1980s? The ones the mostly occured in Lebanon? That was mostly because we were in lebanon. That was hezbollah, and shia extremist groups.

Guess what? Hezbollah stopped attacking americans when we left their country.

Hezbollah, Islamic jihad, Al quaeda--pick a group any group. They use our support of Israel and our dependence on their oil as a means to grab internal power and to incite the Muslim world. There can be no denying that we pay a huge price for Israel.

Hezbollah, Islamic jihad, Al quaeda--pick a group any group. They use our support of Israel and our dependence on their oil as a means to grab internal power and to incite the Muslim world. There can be no denying that we pay a huge price for Israel.

There is truth in that.

this is why I believe we should have no troops in the Middle East.

We were invited by Saudi Arabia and our presence in other Middle Eastern countries is appreciated. The consequences of a total and unilateral withdrawal would be a slap in the face to our troops, an insult to their families and friends, a dangerous message to the world, and power vacuum like no one has seen before. Hopefully Obama has thought about it and will own his decision. The power of oil will hang in the balance.

We were invited by Saudi Arabia and our presence in other Middle Eastern countries is appreciated. The consequences of a total and unilateral withdrawal would be a slap in the face to our troops, an insult to their families and friends, a dangerous message to the world, and power vacuum like no one has seen before. Hopefully Obama has thought about it and will own his decision. The power of oil will hang in the balance.

We offered Saudi Arabia our troops before Gulf War I, which they reluctantly accepted on the condition that we pull out at the end of Gulf War I. We renegged.
Why is it that a unilateral withdrawal (as opposed to what?) is a dangerous message to send to the world, but an invasion which violated international law wasnt?
At what point is it no longer a slap in face to our troops? When they are there for fifty years?
How is the power of oil in ht balance?
Obama is not pulling out of the Middle East.

We offered Saudi Arabia our troops before Gulf War I, which they reluctantly accepted on the condition that we pull out at the end of Gulf War I. We renegged.
Why is it that a unilateral withdrawal (as opposed to what?) is a dangerous message to send to the world, but an invasion which violated international law wasnt?
At what point is it no longer a slap in face to our troops? When they are there for fifty years?
How is the power of oil in ht balance?
Obama is not pulling out of the Middle East.

Yank em and see what happens. I ain't gonna be pretty.

are you aware that all your sources are based on Syrian government claims?

David S, somewhere, I can't find it now, posted a link to a Jerusalem newspaper which stated that a US official confirmed the incident.

Syria: US choppers attacked targets on our soil, near Iraq | Israel | Jerusalem Post

US military helicopters attacked an area along Syria's border with Iraq Sunday, causing casualties, Syrian state TV and witnesses said.
The television report quoted unnamed Syrian officials and said the area is near the Syrian border town of Abu Kamal. It gave no other details.
Local residents told The Associated Press by telephone that two helicopters carrying US soldiers raided a farm in Hwijeh village, 10 miles (17 kilometers) inside Syria's border, killing seven people and wounding five others. One of the witnesses said five of the dead were from a single family.
The residents refused to allow their names to be given because they feared they would be harassed by authorities.
The US military in Baghdad had no immediate comment.
The area is near the Iraqi border city of Qaim, which had been a major crossing point for fighters, weapons and money coming into Iraq to fuel the Sunni insurgency.
Iraqi insurgents seized Qaim in April 2005, forcing US Marines to recapture the town the following month in heavy fighting. The area became secure only after Sunni tribes in Anbar turned against al-Qaida in late 2006 and joined forces with the Americans
you mean this?

look in the story, the headline claims a US source, but an unnamed one
which could mean no one

Forum List

Back