Breaking: North Charleston cop about to go free!!!

The officer thought the suspect was armed with the taser the suspect just used on the officer.

The officer thought the suspect was armed with the taser the suspect just used on the officer.
He certainly will say that he thought so, and the jury will go "so? You shot him because you were mad you got your ass beat."

He certainly will say that he thought so, and the jury will go "so? You shot him because you were mad you got your ass beat."

I don't think people have a right to beat up a officer. On the otherhad, I don't think it should = death.

The officer could say he was in fear of the suspect turning back around and attacking him. If they fought for a long time maybe it's something that already occurred at some point during their confrontation.

Perhaps. The DA will say "you drew when he was running with his back to you. You really thought he was going to turn around and charge you a la Michael Brown." By the way, Brown was a righteous shoot.

Slager was not tasered.

Then you have information that is contrary to the OP. Where's you link?

I think you might want to re-read the OP, it doesn't say what you seem to think it does.

Scott (the dead guy) was tasered. Slager (the cop) was not - he claims to have been threatened with the taser.

Slager was not tasered.

I think you might want to re-read the OP, it doesn't say what you seem to think it does.

Scott (the dead guy) was tasered. Slager (the cop) was not - he claims to have been threatened with the taser.

Ok I stand corrected. But if Scott pointed the taser at Slager and threatened to use it on him the point still stands - the officer determined Scott was a threat.

The perp was fleeing with his back to the cop BEFORE the cop drew and shot him. I don't think he will be convicted of murder, but voluntary manslaughter is well within the possibilities.

Also any comments by guys who like killing cats are not really appreciated in this format.

Fleeing felon rule, Fakey.
Oh...cops can shoot fleeing felons in the back now?

Cops can shoot ANYONE in the back now...they have a license to kill.

Slager was not tasered.

Ok I stand corrected. But if Scott pointed the taser at Slager and threatened to use it on him the point still stands - the officer determined Scott was a threat.

If being the key word there.

The video seems to have left that part out - instead it appears to show Slager placing the taser next Scott's corpse after shooting him in the back...

The perp was fleeing with his back to the cop BEFORE the cop drew and shot him. I don't think he will be convicted of murder, but voluntary manslaughter is well within the possibilities.

Also any comments by guys who like killing cats are not really appreciated in this format.

Fleeing felon rule, Fakey.
Oh...cops can shoot fleeing felons in the back now?

Cops can shoot ANYONE in the back now...they have a license to kill.
Apparently....but they need to do something about all those pesky cameras.

Police have always been empowered to kill if necessary. This one was obviously not necessary.

Slager's defense team believes his Taser was fired six times and that both the officer and Scott were each hit twice, suggesting there was more of a struggle than prosecutors have revealed. Michael Slager's attorneys to offer new evidence of Walter Scott shooting
How do you fire a taser 6 times?
All Tasers have a 'stun gun' capability which require direct contact.
If the Taser barbs miss you can still use the Taser and discharge it a number of times.

Slager's defense team believes his Taser was fired six times and that both the officer and Scott were each hit twice, suggesting there was more of a struggle than prosecutors have revealed. Michael Slager's attorneys to offer new evidence of Walter Scott shooting
How do you fire a taser 6 times?
All Tasers have a 'stun gun' capability which require direct contact.
If the Taser barbs miss you can still use the Taser and discharge it a number of times.
I see. I didn't know that. Back when I was a cop we carried OC spray.

Forum List

Back