Breaking News. SCOTUS rejects the premature Special Counsel bid to rule on his cases

BackAgain

Neutronium Member & truth speaker #StopBrandon
Nov 11, 2021
Now a resident of a Red state! Hallelujah!
The US Supreme Court refused to decide immediately whether former President Donald Trump is immune from prosecution for seeking to overturn his 2020 election loss, in a blow to prosecutors’ efforts to start trial on March 4.

The justices, without explanation or public dissent, indicated they will let a federal appeals court take the first look at Trump’s appeal of a ruling rejecting his claim of immunity, leaving key questions about his legal fate open as the primary for the 2024 election gets underway. The appeals court will hear arguments Jan. 9.

Special Counsel Jack Smith had sought to bypass the appeals court stage, saying the matter was urgent because the Washington trial can’t start until the immunity issue is resolved.

This whole case would set a dangerous precedent.
Imagine down the road, presidents having to be LEGALLY responsible for all executive action. You would have all presidents in the future always having their lawyers present, advising him/her on the potential liability they face on every decision they make.

The Special Counsel motion was pretty ignorant.

He is trying to prosecute Trump. Trump says he might seek to appeal it on a legal theory of immunity. So the dopey special counsel tries to get “mother may I?” Permission?

Application DENIED.

👍😎
Not very hard to see Smith's political motivations. Maybe Ed Meese will kick him in the balls too.

The Special Counsel motion was pretty ignorant.

He is trying to prosecute Trump. Trump says he might seek to appeal it on a legal theory of immunity. So the dopey special counsel tries to get “mother may I?” Permission?

Application DENIED.

👍😎
"He is trying to prosecute Trump"

Wow you figured that out.
FN paywall BS link, too.

The US Supreme Court refused to decide immediately whether former President Donald Trump is immune from prosecution for seeking to overturn his 2020 election loss, in a blow to prosecutors’ efforts to start trial on March 4.

The justices, without explanation or public dissent, indicated they will let a federal appeals court take the first look at Trump’s appeal of a ruling rejecting his claim of immunity, leaving key questions about his legal fate open as the primary for the 2024 election gets underway. The appeals court will hear arguments Jan. 9.

Special Counsel Jack Smith had sought to bypass the appeals court stage, saying the matter was urgent because the Washington trial can’t start until the immunity issue is resolved.
This could push the trial back, too close to the final stretch of the campaign, that's for sure.

I guess there's no rules for that -- we're in uncharted territory and all -- but there will be a point at which Trump will be able to say that.

"He is trying to prosecute Trump"

Wow you figured that out.
FN paywall BS link, too.
Yes. He is trying. That doesn’t mean he will succeed, you decomposing rat’s ass.

I’m sure my link is the only one you could possibly find. You pathetic schmuck.

This could push the trial back, too close to the final stretch of the campaign, that's for sure.

I guess there's no rules for that -- we're in uncharted territory and all -- but there will be a point at which Trump will be able to say that.

We were in uncharted territory the moment the Dems concocted a fake foreign spy scandal to try and take out a POTUS back in 2016 - and they've been pretending MAGA are the "norm breakers" ever since; all while continuing to manufacture perpetual "scandals" and "chaos" echoed by their corporate media conspirators.

We were in uncharted territory the moment the Dems concocted a fake foreign spy scandal to try and take out a POTUS back in 2016 - and they've been pretending MAGA are the "norm breakers" ever since while manufacturing "scandal after scandal", and catapulting the propaganda vis a vis their media stooges.

Forum List

Back