BREAKING: Missouri House Committee Passes Bill to Defund Planned Parenthood

If I pay for a drug addicts food clothing and shelter am I supporting the drug addicts habits now that he can focus on just buying drugs?

You do pay for drug addicts food clothing and shelter with our tax dollars.

Hilarious. Again you’re all for government spending to be direct competitors of private industry.

If the Govt pays Ford for 100 vehicles, how is that being a direct competitors of private industry?

If the Govt pays an outside company for IT support, how it that being direct competitors of private industry?

If the Govt pays a company to build missiles, how is that being direct competitors of private industry

If the Govt pays Ford for 100 vehicles, how is that being a direct competitors of private industry?

If the Govt pays an outside company for IT support, how it that being direct competitors of private industry?

If the Govt pays a company to build missiles, how is that being direct competitors of private industry
Shitforbrains thinks PP is giving abortions to an inanimate object.

Is the goal just not not pay for them or to have fewer of them?
Both

but according to the unelected demigods in black robes women have a legal right to abort their children under certain conditions

so missouri is working within the law

The pro-life Republican legislature has advanced several bills already this January to protect children, born and unborn, including one to defund the billion-dollar abortion chain Planned Parenthood of tax dollars and another to create nurseries in women’s prisons to help mothers choose life for their babies.

Both bills passed committee votes in the state House this week.

State House Bill 1854, sponsored by state Rep. Nick Schroer, R-O’Fallon, would strip tax dollars from the largest abortion chain in the nation. Planned Parenthood reports billion-dollar revenues while aborting more than 350,000 unborn babies a year.

On Thursday, the House Committee on Government Oversight approved the bill in a party-line vote, Newstalk KZRG reports. It now moves to a second committee for consideration.

The legislation would disqualify abortion groups and their affiliates from receiving state Medicaid funds through the state Department of Health and Senior Services. The bill also would disqualify entities from the taxpayer-funded program if there is a “conviction of crimes related to fraud and patient care” or if they show “patterns of discrimination,” according to the bill summary.

View attachment 593471
How is PP funded by Missouri? Link it for us.

Both

but according to the unelected demigods in black robes women have a legal right to abort their children under certain conditions

so missouri is working within the law

So, does removing funding for birth control and other measures lead to more or fewer abortions in your opinion?

Shitforbrains thinks PP is giving abortions to an inanimate object.

They are not being given tax dollars for abortions. They are being reimbursed for services outside of abortion just like any other clinic in the state.

They are not being given tax dollars for abortions. They are being reimbursed for services outside of abortion just like any other clinic in the state.
Sure. They get money for everything else so they can focus on murdering babies.

No shock you support government funding for services the majority of citizens oppose, Mr Fake Libertarian.

Sure. They get money for everything else so they can focus on murdering babies.

No shock you support government funding for services the majority of citizens oppose, Mr Fake Libertarian.

Please show proof the majority of citizens oppose birth control and women's health screenings and procedures.

So, does removing funding for birth control and other measures lead to more or fewer abortions in your opinion?
I think its mostly a scam

women can learn all they need to know about condoms in 10 minutes

Is the goal just not not pay for them or to have fewer of them?
The actual goal should be to let people be people and stop trying to influence behavior through force. In that vein, funding PP is decidedly against the core principals underlying libertarianism.

Paying for services, however, is not as you point out. I cannot seem to find anything that breaks down how PP is funded that does not lump all government funding into a single group. Do you have a link that breaks down this expenditure? Are ALL government expenditures to PP through Medicaid and Medicare receipts?

I am sure you will correct me if I am wrong, but the tax money that PP gets is in the form of Medicaid/Medicare reimbursement for services provided. That is the only form of tax dollars they receive other than being a listed as non-profit which impacts the taxes they pay.
Medicaid/Medicare is not the only form of tax dollars PP receives. They also receive Title X funding to the tune of about $60 million a year.

The receive about $500 million in Medicaid reimbursements.

Forum List

Back