BREAKING – Dr. Tim Ball wins @MichaelEMann lawsuit – Mann has to pay

Billy_Bob

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2014
Top Of The Great Divide

BWHAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Mann loses his defamation case against skeptic scientist Dr. Tim Ball and Ball was awarded damages in legal costs...

The dam has now broken and silencing of the opposing point of view now has case law against it... This will ripple across the world courts killing many of the money draining suits aimed at silencing opposing scientific views..

Loser pays is a wonderful thing.... The frivolous action, brought by Mann, was an attempt to keep from having his data exposed to the world. Now the likes of Mark Steyn can get the data in their court cases that Mann has filed against them.

This opens Mann up to serious reviews of his work and the death of other cases Mann has brought. I can already hear the wailing by Mann as he is forced to provide his data and work products.

This is the beginning of the end for AGW as the IPCC describes it.

Last edited:
Dr. Mann has tweeted in reaction, he contradicts himself in his tweets:

Michael E. Mann‏Verified account @MichaelEMann

There have been some wildly untruthful claims about the recent dismissal of libel litigation against Tim Ball circulating on social media. Here is our statement
ECqXgepWwAY0dp1.jpg

LINK

======

Not sure about the legal fees, but his appeal intention is absurd since the jerk hasn't complied with a judicial order. There was never a case for Mann who dragged it out for several years and defied a judicial request for discovery.

Mann was losing his case TWO years ago that brought up concessions that made him look bad.

Now that the "Bench" made a ruling AGAINST him, he states he plans to appeal.

The man is slime.

This dismissal was based on this from Principia Science International, I have requested a link to the May 2019 Dismissal Motion.

The Canadian court issued it’s final ruling in favor of the Dismissal motion that was filed in May 2019 by Dr Tim Ball’s libel lawyers.

Not only did the court grant Ball’s application for dismissal of the nine-year, multi-million dollar lawsuit, it also took the additional step of awarding full legal costs to Ball. A detailed public statement from the world-renowned skeptical climatologist is expected in due course.

LINK

Last edited:
Wow the canadian wins something finally after being at it since 1990

Nobody has silenced him he has been at it for awhile and has been very vocal and climate deniers have gave him a platform

Ball claimed, in an article written that he was the first person to receive a PhD in climatology in Canada, and that he had been a professor for 28 years, claims he also made in a letter to then-prime minister of Canada

Someone called him a liar and they sued each other. Eventually Ball recanted and dropped the suit as he was caught lying.

few years later he was sued again over an article Ball wrote for the Canada Fee Press which was later retracted.
He actually won this one two and the judge dismissed the case and his ruling was because

Ball's words "lack a sufficient air of credibility to make them believable and therefore potentially defamatory" and concluded that the “article is poorly written and does not advance credible arguments in favour of Dr. Ball’s theory about the corruption of climate science. Simply put, a reasonably thoughtful and informed person who reads the article is unlikely to place any stock in Dr. Ball’s views... Ouch

The lawsuit with Mann was simply over a statement Ball said

he called Mann he director of the Earth System Science Center at Penn State "should be in the State Pen, not Penn State," referring to to Mann's role in a controversy so Mann sued Ball for libel. The story was retracted and I guess Mann won as it was a frivolous suit.

This is the guy deniers seem to quote.

Nobody has silenced him he has been at it for awhile and has been very vocal and climate deniers have gave him a platform

Ball claimed, in an article written that he was the first person to receive a PhD in climatology in Canada, and that he had been a professor for 28 years, claims he also made in a letter to then-prime minister of Canada

Someone called him a liar and they sued each other. Eventually Ball recanted and dropped the suit as he was caught lying.

few years later he was sued again over an article Ball wrote for the Canada Fee Press which was later retracted.
He actually won this one two and the judge dismissed the case and his ruling was because

Ball's words "lack a sufficient air of credibility to make them believable and therefore potentially defamatory" and concluded that the “article is poorly written and does not advance credible arguments in favour of Dr. Ball’s theory about the corruption of climate science. Simply put, a reasonably thoughtful and informed person who reads the article is unlikely to place any stock in Dr. Ball’s views... Ouch

he called Mann he director of the Earth System Science Center at Penn State "should be in the State Pen, not Penn State," referring to to Mann's role in a controversy so Mann sued Ball for libel. The story was retracted and I guess Mann won as it was a frivolous suit.

No links, you make misleading claims and ignore the fact Dr. Mann libel case has been dismissed due to foot dragging and failure to comply with a court order.

Now the poor loser is planning an appeal......

Last edited:

No Links, No sources, No proof, just a bunch of libelous/slanderous claims... Is that you Mikey?

No links, you make misleading claims and ignore the fact Dr. Mann libel case has been dismissed due to foot dragging and failure to comply with a court order.

well I do not see your link

still if that all u have to say is the case was dismissed and Mann plans to appeal

Still are u saying that the case was NOT about the statement that Ball made ""should be in the State Pen, not Penn State"

its a defamation suit and there are two cases but I discussed the suit between Ball and Mann , you may be looking at another dispute which really doesn't affect ball but CEI and Mann

Another related the other two Canada Free Press (CFP), had accepted and published an apology and retracted the story

People are trying to frame this as a global warming case but it

just a name calling issue between a denier and a believer

Many right wing sites who discuss this came do not even mention why was this case started. I would say that it is a case about nothing but it has grown into a denier and believer over climate change but its really just a name calling and the other guy sued for deflamation

Michael Mann suing Tim Ball for libel

Last edited:

still if that all u have to say is the case was dismissed and Mann plans to appeal

Still are u saying that the case was NOT about the statement that Ball made ""should be in the State Pen, not Penn State"

its a defamation suit and there are two cases but I discussed the suit between Ball and Mann , you may be looking at another dispute which really doesn't affect ball but CEI and Mann

Another related the other two Canada Free Press (CFP), had accepted and published an apology and retracted the story

I posted several links, which you managed to miss, while YOU still haven't posted any links at all. I posted what Dr. Mann stated, posted what DR. Balls stated and another link showing that Mann was already losing the case two years ago.

Put on YOUR GLASSES and read what Dr. Mann TWEET states:

Michael E. Mann on Twitter

In his link he made this comment:

"Michael E. Mann‏Verified account @MichaelEMann 15h15 hours ago

It was a ruling from the bench, there isn't (yet) any written decision. We will likely challenge the dismissal of the suit."

=====

From THIS COMMENT, from a Lawyer:

"We have the order. I paid the 6 CAD to get it:

Terms of Order:

1. Order that the claim made by Plaintiff be dismissed
2. Costs will follow the event and of the action since the action is dismissed

This much is already confirmed in the “statements” we’ve seen from both parties.

Mann’s case is dismissed due to his profligate propensity for procedural prorogueity. He behaved as a shameful, ne’er-do-well slacker in getting on with court business. Thus Mann pays Dr. Ball’s court costs for wasting Dr. Ball’s (and everyone else’s) precious time.

I queried one “in the know” regarding just exactly what’s meant by “court costs”:

“Since the Plaintiff’s claim was dismissed, presumably the Defendant had court costs, deposition costs, motion fees to defend the lawsuit. Those costs would be taxed against the Plaintiff when the Defendant makes a motion to do so. It does not include atty fees. I used to do those motions all the time in medical malpractice cases when we got a defense verdict. It seems cruel but sometimes Plaintiffs file frivolous lawsuits and we want to discourage that.”

Will the ruling discourage an iniquitous villain like Mann the Miscreant from lodging his threatened appeal? Who can know? A sense of shame would seem to be required."

========

Those other two cases you barely mention were Ball victories since the Litigants FAILED to convince the Judge. Yes Ball was wrong in his attacks against Weaver, he apologized and withdrew all of his papers from the media (which Weaver had demanded) but Weaver pushed the lawsuit anyway and lost. He lost because Ball already apologized and withdrew his media based papers as Dr. Weaver had demanded.

In any case no links from you, thus what you say remains unsupported....

You drinking too much beer tonight?

Last edited:
Just had a chance to read the judicial order.

Mann has violated the courts trust and is in contempt of the court on multiple counts. The court deemed this to be intentional and with malice towards the court and the defendant Dr Tim Ball.

Mann is done.. He can appeal to the court of appeals but a court hearing is very unlikely due to the contempt actions of Dr Mann. IF a hearing is granted for an appeal it would be heard by the Supreme Court in Canada.

Due to Mann's intentional malice towards the court and Dr Ball. It is not likely the court will take up the case without new compelling evidence to do so. Mann has shot himself in the feet, both of them.. Mann is lucky the case was not adjudicated with damages, Ball can sue him for damages after 30 days when the appeal clock runs out..

The Courts ruling used the word "intentional". This has significant meaning, planned, with forethought, calculated.... In layman's terms, this judge is pissed! This also means a suit for damages is very likely to succeed..

I posted several links, which you managed to miss, while YOU still haven't posted any links at all. I posted what Dr. Mann stated, posted what DR. Balls stated and another link showing that Mann was already losing the case two years ago.

It was a ruling from the bench, there isn't (yet) any written decision. We will likely challenge the dismissal of the suit."

=====

Terms of Order:

This much is already confirmed in the “statements” we’ve seen from both parties.

Mann’s case is dismissed due to his profligate propensity for procedural prorogueity. He behaved as a shameful, ne’er-do-well slacker in getting on with court business. Thus Mann pays Dr. Ball’s court costs for wasting Dr. Ball’s (and everyone else’s) precious time.

I queried one “in the know” regarding just exactly what’s meant by “court costs”:

“Since the Plaintiff’s claim was dismissed, presumably the Defendant had court costs, deposition costs, motion fees to defend the lawsuit. Those costs would be taxed against the Plaintiff when the Defendant makes a motion to do so. It does not include atty fees. I used to do those motions all the time in medical malpractice cases when we got a defense verdict. It seems cruel but sometimes Plaintiffs file frivolous lawsuits and we want to discourage that.”

Will the ruling discourage an iniquitous villain like Mann the Miscreant from lodging his threatened appeal? Who can know? A sense of shame would seem to be required."

========

Those other two cases you barely mention were Ball victories since the Litigants FAILED to convince the Judge. Yes Ball was wrong in his attacks against Weaver, he apologized and withdrew all of his papers from the media (which Weaver had demanded) but Weaver pushed the lawsuit anyway and lost. He lost because Ball already apologized and withdrew his media based papers as Dr. Weaver had demanded.

I wasn't referring to your post but the other post about links

I read your post but it does negate anything I said it just say he won still it would be important to know what started it all. Right wing sites are making it a case for free speech but the court is concern about the case as it relates to defamation. Thus what was said by ball to start this. I told u what it was but if u have something else please post it. U do not need to link it as I am capable enough to find it even with a beer

Ball made a comment and Mann sued. I posted the comment which u did not but just the case was dismissed

So what the case was dismissed. Ball history with these cases are intresting and I posted it but if u think they are wrong then comment why they are wrong

Don't play the link game. I am not the OP

Still u did not do any background research on ball and the other times he was sued.

If there is something u disagree about then say what it is not infer that I am drinking beer

=====

Terms of Order:

========

I wasn't referring to your post but the other post about links

I read your post but it does negate anything I said it just say he won still it would be important to know what started it all. Right wing sites are making it a case for free speech but the court is concern about the case as it relates to defamation. Thus what was said by ball to start this. I told u what it was but if u have something else please post it. U do not need to link it as I am capable enough to find it even with a beer

Ball made a comment and Mann sued. I posted the comment which u did not but just the case was dismissed

So what the case was dismissed. Ball history with these cases are intresting and I posted it but if u think they are wrong then comment why they are wrong

Don't play the link game. I am not the OP

Still u did not do any background research on ball and the other times he was sued.

If there is something u disagree about then say what it is not infer that I am drinking beer

You are full of shit, one irrelevant link boy!

Here is what I wrote about the Dr. Ball/Dr. Weaver court decision on FEBRUARY 16, 2018, from Jo Nova:

sunsettommy
February 16, 2018 at 5:46 pm

Craig Thomas never read the actual Judicial Decision which is found HERE,

Here is WHY he Dismissed the case:

“[82] The law of defamation provides an important tool for protecting an individual’s reputation from unjustified attack. However, it is not intended to stifle debate on matters of public interest nor to compensate for every perceived slight or to quash contrary view points, no matter how ill-conceived. Public debate on matters of importance is an essential element of a free and democratic society and lies at the heart of the Charter guarantee of freedom of expression. As Justice Lebel observes, such debate often includes critical and even offensive commentary, which is best met through engagement and well-reasoned rejoinder. It is only when the words used reach the level of genuinely threatening a person’s actual reputation that resort to the law of defamation is available. Such is not the case here.

[83] In summary, the Article is a poorly written opinion piece that offers Dr. Ball’s views on conventional climate science and Dr. Weaver’s role as a supporter and teacher of that science. While the Article is derogatory of Dr. Weaver, it is not defamatory, in that the impugned words do not genuinely threaten Dr. Weaver’s reputation in the minds of reasonably thoughtful and informed readers. Dr. Weaver has therefore failed to establish the first element of the defamation test.

[84] Given this finding, I need not consider whether Dr. Weaver has established that the Article was published in the sense that it was downloaded and read in BC by anyone other than him. I also need not address the defences raised by Dr. Ball.
Conclusion

[85] Dr. Weaver’s claim is dismissed. If the parties cannot agree on costs, they may make arrangements to speak to the issue.”

bolding mine

It was dismissed BECAUSE Dr. Weaver failed to prove he was defamed.

Heck Weaver the moron DESTROYED his Defamation claims when the Judge stated this from the decision:

[78] Second, despite professing to have been “saddened, sickened and dismayed” by the Article, I am not satisfied that Dr. Weaver himself perceived the Article as genuinely threatening his actual reputation. As noted, Dr. Weaver has been actively and publically engaged in the climate change discussion for many years. That included endorsing political candidates who advanced policies he agreed with and opposing candidates with whom he disagreed. It is also quite apparent that he enjoys the “thrust and parry” of that discussion and that he places little stock in opposing views such as those espoused by Dr. Ball, which Dr. Weaver characterized as “odd” and “bizarre”. Dr. Weaver went so far as to post the Article on his “wall of hate” located outside his office, alongside other articles and correspondence from “climate doubters”. It is apparent that he views such material as more of a “badge of honour” than a legitimate challenge to his character or reputation.

Not only are you stupid and evidence free (no links), you are ignorant as hell too!

Made FOUR more long comments about the court decision.

One

Two

Three

Four

I have known about the court cases for a few years now because I know John O Sullivan in recent years, who posted information about these cases Dr. Ball was suffering from. I was his forum administrator, running the climate forum (three years) He wanted me to run for members, until they dumped Joomla (a trashy blog software) was until recently the administrator for his second blog PSI-Australia, which I resigned from two months ago. He wanted me to run their Facebook page as the administrator, but I declined, since I don't like facebook moderation set up and that their post box is fit for 5 year olds, I tried to get them to use a forum software for superior communication set up, but alas no.

I make it clear here that I do know a lot more about it than YOU, so kindly drop your evasive B.S.

Last edited:
Just had a chance to read the judicial order.

Mann has violated the courts trust and is in contempt of the court on multiple counts. The court deemed this to be intentional and with malice towards the court and the defendant Dr Tim Ball.

Mann is done.. He can appeal to the court of appeals but a court hearing is very unlikely due to the contempt actions of Dr Mann. IF a hearing is granted for an appeal it would be heard by the Supreme Court in Canada.

Due to Mann's intentional malice towards the court and Dr Ball. It is not likely the court will take up the case without new compelling evidence to do so. Mann has shot himself in the feet, both of them.. Mann is lucky the case was not adjudicated with damages, Ball can sue him for damages after 30 days when the appeal clock runs out..
The hell you say?...The clown prince of warmer hoaxers refusing to supply important and relevant information, demanded for independent review?!?

Well, there's something we've never seen before!

MannBillboard.jpeg

There have been some wildly untruthful claims about the recent dismissal of libel litigation against Tim Ball circulating on social media. Here is our statement
ECqXgepWwAY0dp1.jpg

LINK

======

Not sure about the legal fees, but his appeal intention is absurd since the jerk hasn't complied with a judicial order. There was never a case for Mann who dragged it out for several years and defied a judicial request for discovery.

Mann was losing his case TWO years ago that brought up concessions that made him look bad.

The man is slime.

This dismissal was based on this from Principia Science International, I have requested a link to the May 2019 Dismissal Motion.

The Canadian court issued it’s final ruling in favor of the Dismissal motion that was filed in May 2019 by Dr Tim Ball’s libel lawyers.

Not only did the court grant Ball’s application for dismissal of the nine-year, multi-million dollar lawsuit, it also took the additional step of awarding full legal costs to Ball. A detailed public statement from the world-renowned skeptical climatologist is expected in due course.

LINK

He will do anything to keep his work from becoming public...as soon as it does, his career will be over.

ECqXgepWwAY0dp1.jpg

LINK

======

The man is slime.

LINK

He will do anything to keep his work from becoming public...as soon as it does, his career will be over.

I got this update in an e-mail from John O Sullivan.

There is an UPDATE at Principia Scientific International:

"Update (August 24, 2019):
Dr Mann Has Posted On Twitter In Reply To This Article:

mann-tweet.jpg

Mann’s statement is here: Michael E. Mann on Twitter

In short, Mann’s ugly responsive legal statement is (a) stark admission he lost fair and square, and (b) a disingenuous argument that the Dismissal was granted merely on the basis of Mann’s “delay” in not submitting his R2 numbers in timely fashion.

Well, Mikey, Tim gave you a whole NINE YEARS to get your case together!
On that point, this is where readers may wish to refer to the article ‘Fatal Courtroom Act Ruins Michael ‘Hockey Stick’ Mann‘ (July 4, 2017). In it we offered analysis as to Mann’s fatal legal error. As Dr Ball explained at that time:

Michael Mann moved for an adjournment of the trial scheduled for February 20, 2017. We had little choice because Canadian courts always grant adjournments before a trial in their belief that an out of court settlement is preferable. We agreed to an adjournment with conditions. The major one was that he [Mann] produce all documents including computer codes by February 20th, 2017. He failed to meet the deadline.

As I explained in the article, Mann (and his crooked lawyer) had shown bad faith, thereby rendering his case liable for dismissal. I urged Tim to pursue that winning tactic and thankfully he did.

AN APPEAL

Assisting Dr Ball has been a huge honor for me and probably one of the greatest achievements of my life. But Tim only won this famous courtroom battle thanks to massive worldwide grassroots support.

We can only continue to fight these protracted lawsuits with your kind support. Please give generously to ensure we can take on more crucial cases, such as this."

======================

Dr. Mann doesn't appear to have a case for appeal since he already missed a court deadline and was the one who requested adjournment of a scheduled trial, which was granted. The man had NINE years to process to trial, it never happened.

I knew that Dr. Mann's tweet had lies and B.S. in them, that his stated intention to file an appeal is absurd which is obvious due to his stalling of the case and failure to meet a court ordered deadline to produce documents.

He is going to lose this case, which I am sure Mark Steyn will be pleased to know.

Last edited:

BWHAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Mann loses his defamation case against skeptic scientist Dr. Tim Ball and Ball was awarded damages in legal costs...

The dam has now broken and silencing of the opposing point of view now has case law against it... This will ripple across the world courts killing many of the money draining suits aimed at silencing opposing scientific views..
God Bless Mark Steyn for calling out the climate myther.

ECqXgepWwAY0dp1.jpg

LINK

======

The man is slime.

LINK

I got this update in an e-mail from John O Sullivan.

There is an UPDATE at Principia Scientific International:

"Update (August 24, 2019):
Dr Mann Has Posted On Twitter In Reply To This Article:

mann-tweet.jpg

Mann’s statement is here: Michael E. Mann on Twitter

In short, Mann’s ugly responsive legal statement is (a) stark admission he lost fair and square, and (b) a disingenuous argument that the Dismissal was granted merely on the basis of Mann’s “delay” in not submitting his R2 numbers in timely fashion.

Well, Mikey, Tim gave you a whole NINE YEARS to get your case together!
On that point, this is where readers may wish to refer to the article ‘Fatal Courtroom Act Ruins Michael ‘Hockey Stick’ Mann‘ (July 4, 2017). In it we offered analysis as to Mann’s fatal legal error. As Dr Ball explained at that time:

Michael Mann moved for an adjournment of the trial scheduled for February 20, 2017. We had little choice because Canadian courts always grant adjournments before a trial in their belief that an out of court settlement is preferable. We agreed to an adjournment with conditions. The major one was that he [Mann] produce all documents including computer codes by February 20th, 2017. He failed to meet the deadline.

As I explained in the article, Mann (and his crooked lawyer) had shown bad faith, thereby rendering his case liable for dismissal. I urged Tim to pursue that winning tactic and thankfully he did.

AN APPEAL

Assisting Dr Ball has been a huge honor for me and probably one of the greatest achievements of my life. But Tim only won this famous courtroom battle thanks to massive worldwide grassroots support.

We can only continue to fight these protracted lawsuits with your kind support. Please give generously to ensure we can take on more crucial cases, such as this."

======================

Dr. Mann doesn't appear to have a case for appeal since he already missed a court deadline and was the one who requested adjournment of a scheduled trial, which was granted. The man had NINE years to process to trial, it never happened.

I knew that Dr. Mann's tweet had lies and B.S. in them, that his stated intention to file an appeal is absurd which is obvious due to his stalling of the case and failure to meet a court ordered deadline to produce documents.

He is going to lose this case, which I am sure Mark Steyn will be pleased to know.
Mann has already lost this one. The fun will begin in a new case seeking punitive damages due to Mann's intentional acts. I can see one stipulation for mitigation, is for Mann to produce the documents he promised in court...

This could get interesting should Dr Ball seek damages...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back