Brain-Washing and Manipulation: Here's How!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
In her brilliant and detailed work, "American Betrayal," Diana West bright-lights facts that don't readily occur to most. These almost hidden aspects of manipulation that have allowed diabolical doctrines to conquer society.

1. "Of all the products of popular culture, none is more sharply etched in our collective imagination than the movies.... ideological constructs that advance particular political or moral values or myths;..." Digital History

a. "Oliver Stone Rewrites History — Again" http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/25/m...writes-history-again.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

2. "One simple, concrete measure of the success of Soviet subversion in America is the near-total absence of movies that dramatize arguably the primary historical drama of the last century: the struggle....against spreading Communist totalitarianism."
West, "American Betrayal," p.82.

3. Can you name a Hollywood opus that dramatized the efforts of thousands of Germans to break out from behind the barbarically inhuman Berlin Wall, to find freedom in the West?

a. Clark Gable's 1953 "Never Let Me Go" may be the only flic depicting the Soviet Union as one giant jail.

b. How about perilous escapes from the Marxist regime that executes political rivals, imprisoned poets, and persecuted homosexuals: Fidel Castro's Cuba.
Can you think of any flix on this theme?

c. Or, who can name even one single anti-Communist good guy??

4. In "Hollywood Party: How Communism Seduced the American Film Industry in the 1930s and 1940s," Kenneth Lloyd Billingsley writes 'not a single Hollywood film has ever shown Communists committing atrocities.

a. Be very clear: Over one hundred million human beings have been slaughtered at the hands of Communism in the 20th century.
“The Black Book of Communism: Crimes, Terror, Repression,” which is a compilation of research edited by French scholar Stephane Courtois, totals over 100 million victims of Communist murder during the 20th Century.

5. When it came to the Terror Famine in the Ukraine, or the Moscow show trials, Hollywood's efforts were to advance pro-Soviet propaganda, e.g., "North Star,"(1943,) or "Mission to Moscow," (1943).

a. "Everyone loves a little Soviet propaganda from time to time. And nobody did it better than writer Howard Koch and director Michael Curtiz — the same creative team behind the 1942 classic “Casablanca.” Believe it or not, but just one year later, the pair put together a wildly biased piece of propaganda that made Stalin look like a saint.Why did they do it? Because President Roosevelt asked." It's 'Mission' accomplished with pro-Soviet propaganda at BAM - NYPOST.com

b. Based on the best-seller of the same title by US ambassador to the Soviet Union, Joseph E. Davies, it was simply a Soviet apologist's best efforts. He wrote of the show trials in which Stalin liquidated his political rivals on bogus charges, "there was proof beyond reasonable doubt to justify the verdict of guilty of treason."
Andrew and Mitrokhin, "The Sword and the Shield," p. 546.
BTW, Davies remained senior advisor to Truman, as well.

OK....so you'll admit that callow youth might be susceptible to Hollywood propaganda?
Well, then...how to explain the same phenomenon in 'historians' and 'journalists'?
Most of them evince the same sort of worldview.

They are my thoughts.

Every single one.

And, a bonus: another one of my thoughts....

You are unable to process the OP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two empty posts from you....having nothing to do with the OP.

It seems I've proven my point.

You, too pointless to even be called a pinhead.

Last edited by a moderator:
In her brilliant and detailed work, "American Betrayal," Diana West bright-lights facts that don't readily occur to most. These almost hidden aspects of manipulation that have allowed diabolical doctrines to conquer society.

1. "Of all the products of popular culture, none is more sharply etched in our collective imagination than the movies.... ideological constructs that advance particular political or moral values or myths;..." Digital History

a. "Oliver Stone Rewrites History — Again" http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/25/m...writes-history-again.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

2. "One simple, concrete measure of the success of Soviet subversion in America is the near-total absence of movies that dramatize arguably the primary historical drama of the last century: the struggle....against spreading Communist totalitarianism."
West, "American Betrayal," p.82.

3. Can you name a Hollywood opus that dramatized the efforts of thousands of Germans to break out from behind the barbarically inhuman Berlin Wall, to find freedom in the West?

a. Clark Gable's 1953 "Never Let Me Go" may be the only flic depicting the Soviet Union as one giant jail.

b. How about perilous escapes from the Marxist regime that executes political rivals, imprisoned poets, and persecuted homosexuals: Fidel Castro's Cuba.
Can you think of any flix on this theme?

c. Or, who can name even one single anti-Communist good guy??

4. In "Hollywood Party: How Communism Seduced the American Film Industry in the 1930s and 1940s," Kenneth Lloyd Billingsley writes 'not a single Hollywood film has ever shown Communists committing atrocities.

a. Be very clear: Over one hundred million human beings have been slaughtered at the hands of Communism in the 20th century.
“The Black Book of Communism: Crimes, Terror, Repression,” which is a compilation of research edited by French scholar Stephane Courtois, totals over 100 million victims of Communist murder during the 20th Century.

5. When it came to the Terror Famine in the Ukraine, or the Moscow show trials, Hollywood's efforts were to advance pro-Soviet propaganda, e.g., "North Star,"(1943,) or "Mission to Moscow," (1943).

a. "Everyone loves a little Soviet propaganda from time to time. And nobody did it better than writer Howard Koch and director Michael Curtiz — the same creative team behind the 1942 classic “Casablanca.” Believe it or not, but just one year later, the pair put together a wildly biased piece of propaganda that made Stalin look like a saint.Why did they do it? Because President Roosevelt asked." It's 'Mission' accomplished with pro-Soviet propaganda at BAM - NYPOST.com

b. Based on the best-seller of the same title by US ambassador to the Soviet Union, Joseph E. Davies, it was simply a Soviet apologist's best efforts. He wrote of the show trials in which Stalin liquidated his political rivals on bogus charges, "there was proof beyond reasonable doubt to justify the verdict of guilty of treason."
Andrew and Mitrokhin, "The Sword and the Shield," p. 546.
BTW, Davies remained senior advisor to Truman, as well.

OK....so you'll admit that callow youth might be susceptible to Hollywood propaganda?
Well, then...how to explain the same phenomenon in 'historians' and 'journalists'?

Further anecdotal substantiation for your comments!
When I was in a Big Ten university during the 60s I hung around with the Students for Democratic Society from which the Weathermen spun off.
At the same time I was in journalism classes with some of these same SDS members who now obviously have gone to
be as Evan Thomas editor of NewsWeek said:
"There is a liberal bias. It's demonstrable. You look at some statistics. About 85 percent of the reporters who cover the White House vote Democratic, they have for a long time.There is a, particularly at the networks, at the lower levels, among the editors and the so-called infrastructure, there is a liberal bias."
So these same SDS anarchists have become the above editors,etc. and as a result that's why the MSM has been so anti-American, anti-capitalism is these same idiots never grew up!
That's why "Many people are unaware that 85% of the 1,353 network news anchors,editors,executives donated over $1 million to Obama and Democrats so why would anything these reporters/editors/producers write be objective?"

So these above juveniles in the MSM and movies are still as this very classic statement illustrates:
"When I was young I was liberal, which showed that I had heart. As I grew older I became conservative, which showed that I had brains." Winston Churchill.. (Who many of those brain wetters never heard of I'm sure.)

Well your right that there isn't much out there in the way of anti-communist Hollywood films. Disney did one some 30 years ago about some East Germans escaping in a balloon over the border.

The film "Enemy at the Gates" showed the common Soviet practice of mowing down their troops who retreated. It also talked some about NKVD torture.

There have been a couple of films about the escaping Soviet prison camps based on the books "The Long Walk" and "As Far as My Feet will Carry Me."---but don't think they were products of Hollywood.

Even if the Leftists put out 1 anti-commie film for every 9 they make in the usual fashion, that would still be enough to brainwash the masses.

That's easy.

The Spy Who Came In From The Cold

Escape from East Berlin

Night Crossing

The Tunnel

Funeral In Berlin

Torn Curtain

brainwashing02.gif

I offer the above image to help out some of our liberals.

They can be very literal.

:D

'
Well, Chic, you are one step ahead of most comatose Americans in realizing that the American mass-mind is controlled by brainwashing and manipulation.

But you are obsessed by the lefties. Tyranny by Multinational Corporate Monopolies is much more insidious and dangerous.

It stands to reason. They have the money and the power, not the rag-tag incompetent left.

:lol:

noman still clings to conspiratorial rhetoric like "the American mass-mind" and such drivel.

He may be a bombastic boring drone hack, but his lovely red medal is lovely.

Interesting points, thanks for sharing.

Odd that when I read this statement, the name Howard Zinn immediately came to mind. :redface:

I named several movies about the Berlin Wall, an anti-Castro film, and an anti-communist good guy.

What do I win?

Last edited:
Well your right that there isn't much out there in the way of anti-communist Hollywood films. Disney did one some 30 years ago about some East Germans escaping in a balloon over the border.

The film "Enemy at the Gates" showed the common Soviet practice of mowing down their troops who retreated. It also talked some about NKVD torture.

There have been a couple of films about the escaping Soviet prison camps based on the books "The Long Walk" and "As Far as My Feet will Carry Me."---but don't think they were products of Hollywood.

Even if the Leftists put out 1 anti-commie film for every 9 they make in the usual fashion, that would still be enough to brainwash the masses.

"... 1 anti-commie film for every 9 they make in the usual fashion, that would still be enough to brainwash the masses."

Indeed.
They were/are well established....

And, did you know that Communists originated a blacklist in Hollywood long before they complained that they were blacklisted:

Communists in high positions in Hollywood were able to see to it that ant-Communist works never made it to the screen.

Quoted in "The Worker," Dalton Trumbo bragged about de facto anti-Communist blacklisting.
"We have produced a few fine films in Hollywood, a great many of which were vulgar and opportunistic and a few downright vicious. If you tell me Hollywood, in contrast with the novel and the theater, has produced nothing so provocative or so progressive as Freedom Road or Deep Are the Roots, I will grant you the point, but I may also add that neither has Hollywood produced anything so untrue or so reactionary as The Yogi and the Commissar, Out of the Night, Report on the Russians, There Shall Be No Night, or Adventures of a Young Man.

Nor does Hollywood's forthcoming schedule include such tempting items as James T. Farrell, Bernard Clare, Victor A. Kravchenko's "I Chose Freedom," or the so-called biography of Stalin by Leon Trotsky."
FrontPage Magazine - Orwell vs. Communism

Forum List

Back