Bout tired of this crap! Another one dropped dead next door.

White 6

Diamond Member
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 10, 2019
I live in a decent middle class neighborhood. Hell, I'm opening my pool this week. Just got back from next door, after being called by neighbor (currently in Detroit) to have me call local 911 about medical emergency regarding lady house sitting his house here, while he is in Detroit for the funeral of his brother, I did CPR on when he dropped dead in the yard April 10th. This was no longer an emergency. Lady was laying in kitchen floor, cold cigarette burnt out in her fingers, in full rigor. This is two people at the same address next door to me in less than a month, while there is an epidemic going on. I am philosophical and know that nobody knows for whom the bell will toll or when it will ring, Still, it is disturbing when it is right next door, in such a short time-span, although this one won't wake me up at night.
The EMT told me it has been "crazy" in this town since it opened back up, with ODs and people dropping dead, although he was quick to add, they had no reason to suspect OD in this case. I'll probably never know what happened. I don't know what happened to the first guy, but have been assured they are positive now, it wasn't Covid-19. I just do not want to see it up close again, any time soon.
Everybody take care of yourself and yours out there. You just never know.

Dude...that's gnarly. Yeah...you can't keep people cooped up. Our immune systems need exchange.

Well...I'm sure the old bird has/had her ciggies to blame as well.

Dude...that's gnarly. Yeah...you can't keep people cooped up. Our immune systems need exchange.

Probably. She was on the overweight side also, upper 40s or early 50s in age. The guy from April 10 was only 30, same age as my twin boys.

I live in a decent middle class neighborhood. Hell, I'm opening my pool this week. Just got back from next door, after being called by neighbor (currently in Detroit) to have me call local 911 about medical emergency regarding lady house sitting his house here, while he is in Detroit for the funeral of his brother, I did CPR on when he dropped dead in the yard April 10th. This was no longer an emergency. Lady was laying in kitchen floor, cold cigarette burnt out in her fingers, in full rigor. This is two people at the same address next door to me in less than a month, while there is an epidemic going on. I am philosophical and know that nobody knows for whom the bell will toll or when it will ring, Still, it is disturbing when it is right next door, in such a short time-span, although this one won't wake me up at night.
The EMT told me it has been "crazy" in this town since it opened back up, with ODs and people dropping dead, although he was quick to add, they had no reason to suspect OD in this case. I'll probably never know what happened. I don't know what happened to the first guy, but have been assured they are positive now, it wasn't Covid-19. I just do not want to see it up close again, any time soon.
And there you have it.. The secondary reasons that lock downs are bad.. Lack of exercise and the degradation of mental health..

All the best.

You did what you could.

You're being bracketed, dude. I've watched Mr. Death visit one house to another up the highway, for the last 13 years. I think he's looking for me but he hasn't found me yet.

2gsk1e.jpg

People that I know that work for hospitals are saying that overdoses are through the roof. Two guys brought a buddy in to the ER and the guy had been dead so long he was out of rigor. They were too high themselves to realize he was dead.

Probably. She was on the overweight side also, upper 40s or early 50s in age. The guy from April 10 was only 30, same age as my twin boys.
'sniff' 'sniff' 'sniff'....is that Oxy? 'Sniff'...Fentanyl? Meh.

Health is everything, that burnt cigarette didn’t probably have anything to do with her death, right?

And there you have it.. The secondary reasons that lock downs are bad.. Lack of exercise and the degradation of mental health..
Could be.

People that I know that work for hospitals are saying that overdoses are through the roof. Two guys brought a buddy in to the ER and the guy had been dead so long he was out of rigor. They were too high themselves to realize he was dead.
Geez. Not being in that lifestyle we just don't think about it, as long as they don't appear at first glance or in normal conversation, they are people of that nature. Don't mean to sound like hardhearted snob. I'm not a snob, but probably would not be described as the warm and fuzzy type.

Health is everything, that burnt cigarette didn’t probably have anything to do with her death, right?
Doubt it, or not the immediate cause. Talked with her before. Did not seem to be on the sickly side. Could be more than met my eyes to this situation though. Neighbor on the other side of the incident called, saying an EMT that first arrived while I was over there had later said to her, some there were thinking there might be foul play involved. I went out to ask the police in front of my house if I had reason to be concerned as to what I had heard. They were quick to assure me, I had nothing to worry about. For whatever that's worth. They had also stopped by earlier to ask if I had cameras set up on premises and had I seen anybody coming in over there in the last day. No to both. Have not felt the need for cameras, with my 90lb very distrusting German Shepherd in the house with us (loves us and the grandkids, but deliberately intimidates anybody else) and multiple weapons in almost every closet or at close hand, all loaded, not counting edged weapons.

A lot of people with health conditions have been avoiding going to the doctor or the hospitals because of the pandemic. Obviously, there is no way for me to know that has anything to do with your neighbor, but something to consider.

People with heart disease can drop dead of a heart attack with no warning. I am 59 and my cardiologist said it was a miracle I was not dead already. Now, I am fixed and can live to be a 100.
Just got back from talking to neighbors brother. It is being investigated as foul play, which explains why a call to me at 9:21 this morning of medical emergency started a huge police presence still there at 2:30 in the afternoon. Also found out she was a hard drug user. I didn't know. Seemed like normal people to me.
Take care of that heart dude. You could outlive us all, doing what you are supposed to.

Didn't know you could OD on Kool-Aid.

Didn't know you could OD on Kool-Aid.
Kind of think they figure the think somebody fixed her a hot load. Sons an EMT. Tells me there is stuff out there far more powerful and unexpected, that has hard drug users dropping like flies. Doubt I'll ever know autopsy results. She could have drunk the Kool-Aid. Had a trump bumper sticker on her Explorer.

Forum List

Back