Boston to remove Lincoln Emancipation Memorial

The People MUST be heard.
I'm a people, we're all a people. You asked for it.

I used to like to go to Boston. In years past, people loved the fall colors, and Boston's airport was a busy place. It's too bad they've gone commie. They've now no use for American icons of the past along with the rest of the Democrat Deep State who think they're getting away with the Constitution destruction based on how Americans felt about visiting there just 5 or 6 years ago. It's over. And that's what I think.

Just another example of Democrats trying to erase their sordid history.

First they wanted the statues of Democrats who fought to preserve the institution of slavery taken down. And now they want the statue of the Republican president who emancipated the slaves taken down.

It was a unanimous vote.

From your own Cite:

Freed Black donors paid for the original in Washington; white politician and circus showman Moses Kimball financed the copy in Boston. The inscription on both reads: “A race set free and the country at peace. Lincoln rests from his labors.”

But Blacks weren’t part of the design process, and the memorial’s central visual takeaway — a Black man kneeling before his white savior — has had people cringing for years.

Protesters have vowed to tear down the original statue in Washington, which has been protected by National Guard troops guarding it and other monuments.

It's not up to the Protesters to remove it. But I am sure that a privately owned museum will gladly take it in for those that care to view it. But it has no place on public property. Boston has spoken.

Everyone has done something considered bad. Nobody is completely innocent and deserving of saint hood. and they shouldn't have to be to have a statue put up of them. Let ye without sin cast the first stone. Lincoln freed the slaves and was killed for it. something should be said about the good things he's done despite the bad.

It was a unanimous vote.

From your own Cite:

Freed Black donors paid for the original in Washington; white politician and circus showman Moses Kimball financed the copy in Boston. The inscription on both reads: “A race set free and the country at peace. Lincoln rests from his labors.”

But Blacks weren’t part of the design process, and the memorial’s central visual takeaway — a Black man kneeling before his white savior — has had people cringing for years.

Protesters have vowed to tear down the original statue in Washington, which has been protected by National Guard troops guarding it and other monuments.

It's not up to the Protesters to remove it. But I am sure that a privately owned museum will gladly take it in for those that care to view it. But it has no place on public property. Boston has spoken.
Never mind that the original was dedicated by Frederick Douglass.
History? We doan need no steengking history!

Boston hasn't been any good since Paul Revere rode out of there. Now they're just another city run by snobby little liberal bitches.

It was a unanimous vote.

From your own Cite:

And Boston has said, they are no longer part of America.

Forum List

Back