Boston Gas Explosions

....logically thinking, all those explosions at the same time is not poor infrastructure as the cause
One might think a monopoly regulated by a vast government with unlimited resources, would be efficiently run and dedicated to protecting the public’s safety. LMFAO.

Columbia has totally screwed this up. So much that the Gov has replaced them with Eversouce gas to fix this .

I don’t see how the government is to blame . They are not really a monopoly. There are other gas companies who could get the license.

....logically thinking, all those explosions at the same time is not poor infrastructure as the cause
One might think a monopoly regulated by a vast government with unlimited resources, would be efficiently run and dedicated to protecting the public’s safety. LMFAO.

What monopoly? There are 3 big gas utilities in MA. They are constantly competing with each other to get customers to switch.

one blessing was the timing it occurred.. most people weren't at home.

if this happened at night there would be many more injuries and death.

we have only one gas company here
I remember when the cost was 40$ per month
then it went up fast--but not too crazy
...I want them to have professionals with corresponding wages--but I also don't want them to just ask for price hikes so they get higher wages when the rest of the workers do not make nearly as much

What monopoly? There are 3 big gas utilities in MA. They are constantly competing with each other to get customers to switch.
we don't have anything like that here
we have only one
so, you can switch gas companies in MA?
MA is not that big at all
15th population--wow--I never would've thought

Columbia has totally screwed this up. So much that the Gov has replaced them with Eversouce gas to fix this .

I don’t see how the government is to blame . They are not really a monopoly. There are other gas companies who could get the license.
LMFAO!

Good God think man!

Government has many faults but gas companies are a business and isn't it a customer's obligation to keep up it's own equipment?
No. Gas companies are monopolies which are supposed to be regulated by the huge omnipresent and most expensive and inefficient GOVERNMENT.

So company's hold no responsibilities what do ever, got it! Then I blame Rump!
Dupe!

Where did I post the BS you are asserting.

You blamed Government and only Government, so what other conclusions should anyone come to?
Following your ignorant logic, you love government so much that you are unwilling to accept any criticism of it.

Progressive obamabots and cankle lovers are so dumb.
Read the article Harmonica put up. No one knows yet what caused it, but the most likely scenario is offered. Infrastructure COULD be part of it. Or human error. Or a bad valve. Or ....

No. Gas companies are monopolies which are supposed to be regulated by the huge omnipresent and most expensive and inefficient GOVERNMENT.

So company's hold no responsibilities what do ever, got it! Then I blame Rump!
Dupe!

Where did I post the BS you are asserting.

You blamed Government and only Government, so what other conclusions should anyone come to?
Following your ignorant logic, you love government so much that you are unwilling to accept any criticism of it.

Progressive obamabots and cankle lovers are so dumb.
Read the article Harmonica put up. No one knows yet what caused it, but the most likely scenario is offered. Infrastructure COULD be part of it. Or human error. Or a bad valve. Or ....
Agreed and yet we have posters unwilling to blame government, yet it is their job to regulate utilities. There is no doubt the utility is at fault, but so is government.

we don't have anything like that here
we have only one
so, you can switch gas companies in MA?
MA is not that big at all
15th population--wow--I never would've thought

We are constantly getting shit in the mail encouraging us to switch gas utilities. They even come door to door at different times of the year to hand out information and let you know about E gas rates and electric rates and all that kind of shit so there’s plenty of competition considering how much it is going to cost to start and maintain such a business.

America has been ignoring its infrastructure ever since we embraced supply side economics

Cut taxes, cut taxes, cut taxes leave little room for rebuilding roads, bridges, electrical and communications grid, water and gas lines

CIty of Lawrence Mayor Dan Rivera said that Columbia Gas asked Lawrence to evacuate everyone south of the river and turn off the power Thursday night. Rivera said Columbia Gas assured him that it was necessary.

"Those are the last two pieces of information we got from Columbia Gas," he said. "Everything since then has been obfuscation and they have not met their mandate. They promise hundreds of teams of technicians. None have materialized."

Thousands of families in Lawrence, Andover and North Andover are still waiting to find out when they can get back to their homes after being forced to evacuate.

"They promised that they would get the gas shut off by late tomorrow night, and I think that at the rate that they're going now they're going to blow that window," Rivera said.

"They were supposed to do a strategic neighborhood by neighborhood door knocking effort to shut down the gas," he added. "They didn't do that."

"They wasted last night calling the other utilities to come in. They waited until the last possible moment," Rivera said. "We had over 60 pieces of apparatus waiting to go into the neighborhoods overnight and we had to send many home."

"It just seems like there is no one in charge," he said.

State Of Emergency Declared After Gas Explosions, Eversource Put In Charge Of Situation In Merrimack Valley

"They promised that they would get the gas shut off by late tomorrow night, and I think that at the rate that they're going now they're going to blow that window," Mayor Rivera said.

^ literally!

firemen were scrambling to shut off gas valves everywhere and the columbia gas company website was telling people to not turn off their gas. ???

-1b92e4c70a8c1909.jpg

Massachusetts State Police Air Wing photo showing a "major gas leak under the pavement."

thanks to helicopters using infrared technology, they spotted a huge leak in the middle of the night beneath where fire crews were working...

Infrared camera shows gas leak under Lawrence street after gas explosions

"They (Columbia Gas Co) were supposed to do a strategic neighborhood by neighborhood door knocking effort to shut down the gas," he added. "They didn't do that."

Forum List

Back