Boehner Huge failure

There's no grand conspiracy.

There is some string pulling..but that's mostly thanks to you "corporations are people and money is speech" folks.

How do you like it now?

:lol:
Thanks to me? You idiot, people like you just supported corporations setting your income tax rates via Obamacare.

The level of stupidity here is really frightening.

Obamacare has nothing to do with Tax rates.

That was a face saving thing by Justice Roberts.

You folks are funny.

Seriously funny.

You idiot, Roberts had to turn it into a tax, otherwise it would not have been Constitutional.

Either way does it matter?

Thanks to me? You idiot, people like you just supported corporations setting your income tax rates via Obamacare.

You folks are funny.

Seriously funny.

This fiscal cliff nonsense has nothing to do with the debt ceiling either but rw's really don't understand the difference. They don't seem to understand what the debt ceiling really is.

what is it einstein?

balls in dems court,

Nope, balls in the Libertarian court. Let these two parties destroy the nation and then pounce on both.

This is pure BS. The revenue that taxing the "rich" will generate would not be enough to feed a midget anorexic flea compared to the deficits being run.

I know that shit but it will hair lip paul and be damned obama is obsessed with taxing the rich and tax the rich he shall. balls in the dems court.

No more booze for you tonight.

I see. I didn't think that any progressive worth their salt is at all concerned about the mounting debt, you just don't want a cut in spending. For if government cuts one dollar in spending people will be dying in the streets.

The problem here is, is that taxes alone cannot avoid the fiscal cliff. You need to cut spending, so where would you do it?

Personally, I think this whole fiscal cliff nonesense is absurd. The Congress has voted to increase the debt ceiling ever since the government changed the currency to the fiat ponzi money in 1971. The sad truth is that they have to keep up ridiculous spending levels because that is why they switched to the fiat currency. Simply put, America could not afford the LBJ entitlements of Medicare etc and a war abroad, so Nixon went off the gold standard to be able to not pay for what we could not afford.

I don't suspect that there is any political support for doing away with these failed programs, so screw it, just remove the debt ceiling and see how far things can go before it all collapses on itself.
No..you don't understand.

This fiat/ponzi bullshit is just that..bullshit.

Money isn't the endpoint of wealth..it's a place holder. Wealth is defined by what a nation produces. And money provides access to those goods and services. You can't eat gold. And it's a poor building material.

What we are seeing is a reversal of a recent trend that started with Clinton. It was one that recognized that the war/oil paradigm was at an end..

But thanks to GW Bush..that came back.

One of the things I like about the "Fiscal Cliff" is that it has deep cuts in the military. Not deep enough..but it would be impossible to get them any other way.

And for folks concerned about real debt..that the only way it's going to be corrected.

The war/oil paradigm was at an end? What are you talking about? Have you gone completely mad?

Do you really think that more money flowing into government from the private sector will improve any of our lives? If so, how?

Deep cuts in the military? Is this what you are after? Why? Is it because you wish to reduce spending or because you don't like wars abroad. Again, I would bet the house on the later. Well guess what spanky, the US will continue to dominate the world militarily because that is the nature of the all powerful unlimited beast known as the US federal government. The unlimited all powerful centralized beast that you helped create can't but help micromanage, not only the citizens they represent, but also the rest of the world.

Enjoy.

First off "recognized" doesn't mean it's at an end.

The US is like a super tanker..change is slow, long and hard.

Secondly..that "domination" comes at the behest of huge corporate interests, namely oil.

You may live in this fantasy world of "de centralization"..but that's not what would happen if you removed "government" from the mix. It would be the same players with a different name.

So I would rather keep the "government" of elected officials in place..and make changes to that..as opposed to the faux balkanization of the US you folks are dreaming of..

Because in that scenario..you'd probably have something that would resemble "communist" China. With a "chamber of commerce" pulling the strings.

balls in dems court,

Nope, balls in the Libertarian court. Let these two parties destroy the nation and then pounce on both.

This is pure BS. The revenue that taxing the "rich" will generate would not be enough to feed a midget anorexic flea compared to the deficits being run.

I know that shit but it will hair lip paul and be damned obama is obsessed with taxing the rich and tax the rich he shall. balls in the dems court.

Jealousy and envy are very strong dark emotions to contend with. After all, the Marxist materialistic appeal of class warfare has swept the entire world. What is funny is that those who embrace it and vote accordingly continue to lose more and more of the wealth they seek to steal throught the political process and mob rule.

You folks are funny.

Seriously funny.

This fiscal cliff nonsense has nothing to do with the debt ceiling either but rw's really don't understand the difference. They don't seem to understand what the debt ceiling really is.

what is it einstein?

I'm about to log off for the night but ...

Are you serious? Do you really believe the two things are the same or related?

The debt ceiling is money that has already been spent. For the R to hold the debt ceiling hostage is like you buying a car and then refusing to make the payments and the reason our credit rating got downgraded. The R (and D) voted to spend money and now they have to do that. The debt ceiling gets raised ONLY to the amount that has already been spent.

Surely, you already knew this.

If not, good for you for asking.

G'night.

Last edited:

Jealousy and envy are very strong dark emotions to contend with. After all, the Marxist materialistic appeal of class warfare has swept the entire world. What is funny is that those who embrace it and vote accordingly continue to lose more and more of the wealth they seek to steal throught the political process and mob rule.

I know that shit too, just try telling it to the morons on the left.

You folks are funny.

Seriously funny.

You idiot, Roberts had to turn it into a tax, otherwise it would not have been Constitutional.

Either way does it matter?

Of course it would have been Constitutional.

You might also have noticed that Republicans backed off of that one..

Because Robert's opened up some other worms that would have undone a great many other things.

Namely the civil rights act.

No..you don't understand.

This fiat/ponzi bullshit is just that..bullshit.

Money isn't the endpoint of wealth..it's a place holder. Wealth is defined by what a nation produces. And money provides access to those goods and services. You can't eat gold. And it's a poor building material.

What we are seeing is a reversal of a recent trend that started with Clinton. It was one that recognized that the war/oil paradigm was at an end..

But thanks to GW Bush..that came back.

One of the things I like about the "Fiscal Cliff" is that it has deep cuts in the military. Not deep enough..but it would be impossible to get them any other way.

And for folks concerned about real debt..that the only way it's going to be corrected.

The war/oil paradigm was at an end? What are you talking about? Have you gone completely mad?

Do you really think that more money flowing into government from the private sector will improve any of our lives? If so, how?

Deep cuts in the military? Is this what you are after? Why? Is it because you wish to reduce spending or because you don't like wars abroad. Again, I would bet the house on the later. Well guess what spanky, the US will continue to dominate the world militarily because that is the nature of the all powerful unlimited beast known as the US federal government. The unlimited all powerful centralized beast that you helped create can't but help micromanage, not only the citizens they represent, but also the rest of the world.

Enjoy.

Secondly..that "domination" comes at the behest of huge corporate interests, namely oil.

You may live in this fantasy world of "de centralization"..but that's not what would happen if you removed "government" from the mix. It would be the same players with a different name.

So I would rather keep the "government" of elected officials in place..and make changes to that..as opposed to the faux balkanization of the US you folks are dreaming of..

Because in that scenario..you'd probably have something that would resemble "communist" China. With a "chamber of commerce" pulling the strings.

More idiocy. Who created the corporate structure? Was it not those in government? Corporations are like minni governments who collude with those in government to do each others bidding.

And no, I am not in any way on a "de centralization" fantasy. I realize that the nature of mankind is to seek power, secure power, and then seek more power, and this envolves never ending centralization. Who says I come here to change any of that?

Looks like you'll get your wish, Plan B failed. Which means tax rate increases cannot pass the House, at least this House. Maybe as time passes and the new members come in that'll change. But we're not going to get a deal done until next year, IMHO.
Pass or not..the sequester will happen.

The government will spend less money..and conservatives should be dancing in the streets about that.

:clap2:

:D

Taxes will go up on everybody, and that ain't good for the economy. I'd say a recession is highly likely, and as a conservative I can't get too thrilled about that.

It will be a short lived recession.

That's if it happens.

And in the long run..the deficit goes down. By a whole lot..and very quickly.

...veto what? The House GOP couldn't muster the votes to pass their own plan.

Harry Reid already said it was DOA if it got to the Senate and Obama said he would veto it if it got to him. So as far as I'm concerned they can all fuck off and go home for Christmas stay there well after the New Year and we can just go off the fiscal cliff and when that happens I want to see out of control inflation, double digit unemployment, and debt that so bad it makes Greece look tame by comparison because until that happens neither party is going to pull their head out of their ass and really deal with this problem.

Harry Reid already said it was DOA if it got to the Senate and Obama said he would veto it if it got to him. So as far as I'm concerned they can all fuck off and go home for Christmas stay there well after the New Year and we can just go off the fiscal cliff and when that happens I want to see out of control inflation, double digit unemployment, and debt that so bad it makes Greece look tame by comparison because until that happens neither party is going to pull their head out of their ass and really deal with this problem.

It is a manufactured crisis. And as with all crisis, an oppurtunity for change is upon us.

So what will be the big change? Whatever it is, it can't be good. After all, if it were good they could make the change without a crisis.

You know what?

Boehner is fucked. He can not even count on his own party to form an alliance

His best bet is to form an alliance between moderate Republicans and Democrats. It's his only hope to save the country

Boehner's a Joke and coward. I say do what Rand Paul suggests let the Democrats pass their tax increase and when the economy tanks even further it'll be on them

Enjoy.

More idiocy. Who created the corporate structure? Was it not those in government? Corporations are like minni governments who collude with those in government to do each others bidding.

And no, I am not in any way on a "de centralization" fantasy. I realize that the nature of mankind is to seek power, secure power, and then seek more power, and this envolves never ending centralization. Who says I come here to change any of that?

Of course government "creates" corporations. This why when you guys had that little snit about the "you didn't build that" it was laughable and childish. It's a symbiotic relationship as well. Government needs an economy. And economies needs government. One without the other doesn't function very well. So the other fantasy you folks have about "Free Markets" is just that. A fantasy.

Today, every politician has their finger in the wind. They are all looking for signs which will tell them what could be used against them in the SuperPAC ads next year.

Was it a good or bad idea to vote against gun control? Was it a good or bad idea to vote for Plan B? Was it a good or bad idea to vote against raising taxes on the top 2 percent?

There are absolutely no principles involved in this triangulation on the part of any parties involved. Just a desperate grip on power and the desire to keep it.

There is a complete lack of leadership in Washington DC. They are all a pack of gutless swine at the trough.

^ that

None of that will happen.

UE will tick up 1%, tops.

There is nothing to drive inflation in an environment like that either.

Forum List

Back