Bob Hope invented performing for the troops, put himself in harm's way to perform during World War 2 and the Korean War

• Banned
God bless America!

Put himself in harm's way?
You have to be joking.

there was no protection like in modern times

And you believe he flew there with no private protection and was not funded by the government?
Next you'll be telling me immaculate conception and virgin births etc are true.

the HISTORIAN in the clip with CONAN said what i said, i just repeated it

who are you again?

God bless America!

Put himself in harm's way?
You have to be joking.

there was no protection like in modern times

And you believe he flew there with no private protection and was not funded by the government?
Next you'll be telling me immaculate conception and virgin births etc are true.

the HISTORIAN in the clip with CONAN said what i said, i just repeated it

who are you again?

It doesn't matter who I am. I'm calling both of you liars. Get over it.dickhead.

And don't forget: He was the host for the Oscars.

The Oscars have never been the same since he left them.

(Of course, to be fair: Nowadays he would not feel comfortable with what passes today as movie "stars").

Performer's who did USO shows for the troops during WWll still faced some element of danger, and a few were killed.
In 1944 the most popular big band leader and musician Glenn Miller lost his life somewhere over the English Channel while going to entertain the soldiers in mainland Europe while the war was still raging.
The airplane's wreckage and bodies were never found, and it's still a mystery if his plane was shot down by enemy fighters, or the plane crashed into the water because of mechanical failure. ... :cool:

Forum List

Back