Bloomberg Registers As Democrat -- No Thanks Mike

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA
Bloomberg re-registers as Democrat

So just ahead of the midterms, Bloomberg re-registers as a Democrat -- just one more sign that he really intends to make a presidential run in 2020.

Establishment dems are probably moist at the thought of propping up another corporatist Democrat to run for president -- Obama pulled it off because he was charismatic and not 100% depraved -- Bloomberg, no thanks. Republicans are far better at being corporate owned tools and making their base love it; that will not work with Democrats moving forward.

The next viable democratic candidate for president will have to be a populist progressive who will run strong on Medicare For All and Expanded Social Security or they will continue to lose in the electoral college yet win the popular vote like they did the last time. In fact, a republican hasn't won the popular vote in over 14 years.

So just ahead of the midterms, Bloomberg re-registers as a Democrat -- just one more sign that he really intends to make a presidential run in 2020.

Establishment dems are probably moist at the thought of propping up another corporatist Democrat to run for president -- Obama pulled it off because he was charismatic and not 100% depraved -- Bloomberg, no thanks. Republicans are far better at being corporate owned tools and making their base love it; that will not work with Democrats moving forward.

The next viable democratic candidate for president will have to be a populist progressive who will run strong on Medicare For All and Expanded Social Security or they will continue to lose in the electoral college yet win the popular vote like they did the last time. In fact, a republican hasn't won the popular vote in over 14 years.
Trump will easily win the election with both the established metric and your fictional one.

Trump versus Bloomberg. Just the sound of the two names is 'funny' (but no one is laughing).
Once more, the "choices" will be the same or identical.

Trump versus Bloomberg. Just the sound of the two names is 'funny' (but no one is laughing).
------------------------------------ i don't think so , just one issue but 'bloomie' is a big Gun Control guy and so far The TRUMP is not '4eye' ,

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck,........

------------------------------------ i don't think so , just one issue but 'bloomie' is a big Gun Control guy and so far The TRUMP is not '4eye' ,

If he's for gun control he wouldn't get my vote.

I'll vote for Trump in 2020 if he decides to run.

I'm not interested in another old billionaire (even though he is a REAL billionaire ;-) or in the stop and frisk/ ban soda clown. Disagree on what type of candidate Progs should run. Medicare for All is a good idea supported by most Americans but if your run on it, Rs just paint it as "free stuff".

So some moderation in the campaign message is needed and I'm in favor of a moderate Dem as opposed to an Ocasio-Cruz mega progressive. She's great for the Bronx, but stuff like free college and abolish ICE isn't gonna play nationally.

A Bloomberg run in 2020 wouldn't be much different then Hillary 2016. To lazy to campaign in fly over states and to boring to draw big crowds without having paid celebrities and free concerts.

I'm not interested in another old billionaire (even though he is a REAL billionaire ;-) or in the stop and frisk/ ban soda clown. Disagree on what type of candidate Progs should run. Medicare for All is a good idea supported by most Americans but if your run on it, Rs just paint it as "free stuff".

So some moderation in the campaign message is needed and I'm in favor of a moderate Dem as opposed to an Ocasio-Cruz mega progressive. She's great for the Bronx, but stuff like free college and abolish ICE isn't gonna play nationally.
This is why Dems will never win another presidential campaign if the candidate doesn't have the charisma of an Obama

Dems are always worried about "but but but Republicans will say mean things about us" --- who gives a fuck

While you are so willing to compromise and sell out your base over your concerns of what republicans would think -- republicans had ZERO compunctions about flat out stealing a supreme court pick and daring the other side to do something about it

The day the democrats run a candidate who pushes for what the majority of Americans want and tell the republicans to kick rocks if they don't like it, the better off we will be as a country

This is why Dems will never win another presidential campaign if the candidate doesn't have the charisma of an Obama

Dems are always worried about "but but but Republicans will say mean things about us" --- who gives a fuck

While you are so willing to compromise and sell out your base over your concerns of what republicans would think -- republicans had ZERO compunctions about flat out stealing a supreme court pick and daring the other side to do something about it

The day the democrats run a candidate who pushes for what the majority of Americans want and tell the republicans to kick rocks if they don't like it, the better off we will be as a country

Dems definitely need to have balls and fight back - Without engaging in Donald's playground tactics of course. Running on what a majority of Americans want is fine, but the messaging needs to be right, otherwise you start losing Indies and Moderates.

Charisma? Yes please. While perhaps not the MOST charismatic, I think Amy Klobuchar would be great. She's got amazing temperament, a reputation for working across the aisle, and could definitely take on the issues with tRump.

Bloomberg needs to pack it up.
He was a decent mayor, a far cry better than Guiliani.
However, he'll never be a President of the United States.

Dems definitely need to have balls and fight back - Without engaging in Donald's playground tactics of course. Running on what a majority of Americans want is fine, but the messaging needs to be right, otherwise you start losing Indies and Moderates.

Charisma? Yes please. While perhaps not the MOST charismatic, I think Amy Klobuchar would be great. She's got amazing temperament, a reputation for working across the aisle, and could definitely take on the issues with tRump.
Man, I'm starting to wonder who's posting this.

People would fall asleep before finishing her name.

Man, I'm starting to wonder who's posting this.

People would fall asleep before finishing her name.

I think she has SOME style and charisma. There are a lot of people with more charisma. But Kamala would be painted as a San Francisco liberal. Warren has the Pocahontas label and is TOO prog even for me. Biden and Bernie - too old. Gillibrand pissed me off when she insisted Franken resign without a hearing, Booker MAYBE, Garcetti and Patrick - Need to know more. Mueller would be great but he'd be 76 in 2020. Don't be he'd be interested, but just imagine the debate (assuming tRump lasts that long - he won't) :)

Bloomberg needs to pack it up.
He was a decent mayor, a far cry better than Guiliani.
However, he'll never be a President of the United States.

What up with billionaires and egos that compel them to seek power? Mark Cuban is another one.
Go yachting or something .. Maybe hang out at the country club or whatever.
Bloomy is an absolute bore. You're right - he's never gonna be POTUS.

Forum List

Back