"Blood Libel"

Some of you IDIOTS are conditioned to HATE Ms. Palin without listening *JUST BECAUSE*

*MORONS*

....Kinda like steppin' in dog-shit.....once is plenty!!!!

tricycle.gif
I apologize for slappin' you off-your-trike, so often.

827.gif

IMO, she was doing exactly the thing she was criticizing.

WRONG. She ANSWERED THE WRONGFUL CHARGES against her.

She had ZERO to do with TUSCON...but SOME OF YOU expect her and frankly the rest of the American people to ROLL OVER and accept the crap...Ain't happening junior...

Your answer here is suspect.

LISTEN TO THE ANSWER dipwad...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb0VW8vnMhQ&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

You can CAPS LOCK all you want...but she used a term that she shouldnt have used. One that has a specific meaning...and not the one she co-opted it to mean. Either she did this stupidly...or on purpose. I'm betting it's the latter.

That whole video was a lame attempt at positioning herself to look presidential. She just came off corney to me. And almost everyone I know...in my conservative city and state.

Saying "blood libel" was either ignorance, or for attention-whoring. I can't "read her soul," but I did always find her stupid. The rest of her speech was alright but I find that it sort of misses the bigger-picture.

Yes, it is a good turn of phrase, I agree.

no. it's really not. it has a particular meaning and it doesn't refer to palin being held accountable for her BS.

and for the boi trol.. no one fears palin... we just think she's an idiot...

you know, like we think you are. :thup:

Yes, I wasn't aware, until yesterday afternoon, the historical implications of the phrase.

I'd heard it before this, but assumed that it was used to describe a libel so egregious that it was bound to provoke bloodshed.

No, no, NO. You guys are dumber than posts.

Blood libel, for the thousandth time, is ACCUSING a group you want demonized of KILLING INNOCENTS when they don't.

Palin accused the left of blood libel when they falsely and consistentl attribute brutal killings to the right; and she's absolutely right. You morons are engaging in it all over the board, including every stupid thread about it.

Blood libel, for the thousandth time, is ACCUSING a group you want demonized of KILLING INNOCENTS when they don't.

Palin accused the left of blood libel when they falsely and consistentl attribute brutal killings to the right; and she's absolutely right. You morons are engaging in it all over the board, including every stupid thread about it.

We know what it means literally, and that you don't realize that is on you.

It's not what it means "literally" that makes her ignorant or oblivious for using it.....it's how the term is used historically.

Surely, you knew that though.

So by calling this 'blood libel', given that Jews by the thousands were in fact killed over the lies that were spread about them,

Palin is in fact admitting that inflammatory, inciteful rhetoric CAN have dire consequences.

Does the rest of the rightwing propaganda machine that constantly denies that their rhetoric has any effect on anyone -

Hey! we're just entertainers!

- realize what Palin has conceded, and more importantly, do they agree with her?????

I'm guessing, no.

Ed Shultz of MSNBC has been relentless in his attack on Sarah Palin over the last few days.His last tirade was that she hasn't said anything about what happened and not asking for forgiveness for causing this despicable act.Now She has released a video.Now I'm sure Shultz and his buddies will attack her for somehow taking advantage of the tragedy and slamming her for using it for her advancement on the political stage...

Let's face it folks the left doesn't just not like her.They fear her for some reason and beyond that I will advance the notion that what they feel is just pure hatred for her.

i'm not real big on ed shultz. but it isn't 'hatred' to call palin on what she is.

you want to talk hatred? listen to rush and beck talk about the president.

if sarah has a problem with it, she should stop putting cross hairs over the faces of people she disagrees with and saying there are 'pro america parts of the country'.

dems don't hate her... we think she's an idiot and apparently as thin-skinned as her supporters who cry every time people are 'mean' to her.

And what is she, in your opinion.

I didn't hear a peep out of you when Obama stated any of the following.....

** Obama: “They Bring a Knife…We Bring a Gun”
** Obama to His Followers: “Get in Their Faces!”
** Obama on ACORN Mobs: “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”
** Obama to His Mercenary Army: “Hit Back Twice As Hard”
** Obama on the private sector: “We talk to these folks… so I know whose ass to kick.“
** Obama to voters: Republican victory would mean “hand to hand combat”
** Obama to lib supporters: “It’s time to Fight for it.”
** Obama to Latino supporters: “Punish your enemies.”
** Obama to democrats: “I’m itching for a fight.”

** Obama on ACORN Mobs: “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”
** Obama on the private sector: “We talk to these folks… so I know whose ass to kick.“

you can but hunting permits for liberals online at conservative sites
i've seen conservative bumper stickers that read "make America a better place, KILL a liberal"

rush limbaugh (and every conservative spinmeister on the planet) has said things like;
linerals are the enemy
liberals hate god
liberalks are the REAL terrorists
leave ONLY some liberals left alive

glenn beck wants to kill michael moore
ann coulter wishes the 9/11 terrorsist had killed everyone at the new york times

besides her map with targets on her ENEMIES palin has also said "don't retreat, RELOAD"

with very little effort I could go on and on....

did you PEEP when your friends said any of these things?

lets face it, lonestar, YOU would have NO PROBLEM killing liberals

you are just a deranged, murderous scumbag nazi so full of irrational hatred and FALSE beliefs about liberals that you are just itching to kill as many as you can....

you are a dangerous and deranged lunatic

Saying "blood libel" was either ignorance, or for attention-whoring. I can't "read her soul," but I did always find her stupid. The rest of her speech was alright but I find that it sort of misses the bigger-picture.

if blood libel means (basically) saying untrue and terrible things about your enemies that incite extreme hatred and justifications of violence then palin, beck, limbaugh, coulter, malkin and 1/2 the cons on this board etc are ALL guilty of "blood libel"

how many times have cons said things like;

liberals hate christians
liberals are the REAL TERRORISTS
liberals are the ENEMY
liberals want to take ALL of our rights away
liberals are scum

isn't this all blood libel?

demonizing liberals with untrue and extreme accusations

basically...
if liberals are "the enemy" and "love terrorists" then, logically, don't "freedom loving conservatives" have a RIGHT/DUTY to "do somegthing about the liberal problem"

isn't this the same tactic that hitler used.....?

palin and limbaugh and beck and lonestar and divecon and diamond dave and palerider are engaging in BLOOD LIBEL

if blood libel means (basically) saying untrue and terrible things about your enemies that incite extreme hatred and justifications of violence then palin, beck, limbaugh, coulter, malkin and 1/2 the cons on this board etc are ALL guilty of "blood libel"

how many times have cons said things like;

liberals hate christians
liberals are the REAL TERRORISTS
liberals are the ENEMY
liberals want to take ALL of our rights away
liberals are scum

isn't this all blood libel?

demonizing liberals with untrue and extreme accusations

basically...
if liberals are "the enemy" and "love terrorists" then, logically, don't "freedom loving conservatives" have a RIGHT/DUTY to "do somegthing about the liberal problem"

isn't this the same tactic that hitler used.....?

palin and limbaugh and beck and lonestar and divecon and diamond dave and palerider are engaging in BLOOD LIBEL

They don't really mean it, they're just using hyperbole because issues alone can't make their point and so they say sensational things like "Liberals are the real terrorists;" however, both sides use the same sort of hyperbole i.e. things like you mentioned above, except they were said about GWB.

It comes from everywhere, and "to what degree" from each side is a pointless argument because it only engages you in stereotyping instead of discussing the issues, same as you're basically saying that they're doing.

Palin's speech was spot on. I find the use of the phrase "blood libel" caused such consternation with a few amusing. Find something to cause controversy! She had every right to answer her accusers.

I wouldn't vote for her for anything, but that's another story.....

No you're pretty stupid if you're going to twist the meaning of the word to protect your political hero.

It was a misuse...either erroneously or willfully. I'll give her credit...I think she (or someone on her team) is smart enough to have done this on purpose. It keeps her in the public eye and keeps people talking about her.

Alan Dershowitz Defends Palin on ‘Blood Libel’

In a statement to BigGovernment.com:

The term “blood libel” has taken on a broad metaphorical meaning in public discourse. Although its historical origins were in theologically based false accusations against the Jews and the Jewish People, its current usage is far broader. I myself have used it to describe false accusations against the State of Israel by the Goldstone Report. There is nothing improper and certainly nothing anti-Semitic in Sarah Palin using the term to characterize what she reasonably believes are false accusations that her words or images may have caused a mentally disturbed individual to kill and maim. The fact that two of the victims are Jewish is utterly irrelevant to the propriety of using this widely used term.

Alan Dershowitz Defends Palin on ‘Blood Libel’ - By Daniel Foster - The Corner - National Review Online

"Blood libel, for the thousandth time, is ACCUSING a group you want demonized of KILLING INNOCENTS when they don't."

ok
then limbaugh, coulter, malkin, beck..etc...

are guilty of BLOOD LIBEL

according to YOUR definition

What Palin said, exactly:

journalists and pundits should not manufacture a blood libel that serves only to incite the very hatred and violence they purport to condemn.

She's admitting there what most of the rightwing propagandists are denying:

That rhetoric in the public media CAN incite violence.

i'm not real big on ed shultz. but it isn't 'hatred' to call palin on what she is.

you want to talk hatred? listen to rush and beck talk about the president.

if sarah has a problem with it, she should stop putting cross hairs over the faces of people she disagrees with and saying there are 'pro america parts of the country'.

dems don't hate her... we think she's an idiot and apparently as thin-skinned as her supporters who cry every time people are 'mean' to her.

And what is she, in your opinion.

you can but hunting permits for liberals online at conservative sites
i've seen conservative bumper stickers that read "make America a better place, KILL a liberal"

rush limbaugh (and every conservative spinmeister on the planet) has said things like;
linerals are the enemy
liberals hate god
liberalks are the REAL terrorists
leave ONLY some liberals left alive

glenn beck wants to kill michael moore
ann coulter wishes the 9/11 terrorsist had killed everyone at the new york times

besides her map with targets on her ENEMIES palin has also said "don't retreat, RELOAD"

with very little effort I could go on and on....

did you PEEP when your friends said any of these things?

lets face it, lonestar, YOU would have NO PROBLEM killing liberals

you are just a deranged, murderous scumbag nazi so full of irrational hatred and FALSE beliefs about liberals that you are just itching to kill as many as you can....

you are a dangerous and deranged lunatic

Keep on dreaming sucker!

Jillian is a coward. Still waiting for her to respond to post #28

Sheman is a joke. Just read any of her post.

Forum List

Back