BLM now resorting to extortion

A letter sent from activists to businesses and non-profits in the East Market District of downtown Louisville, also referred to as NuLu (New Louisville), made a series of demands related to racial reparations and reportedly threatened consequences if the demands were not met.

In a sane world, this action would get blm designated a criminal conspiracy and the Feds would devote resources to arresting the leadership...

A letter sent from activists to businesses and non-profits in the East Market District of downtown Louisville, also referred to as NuLu (New Louisville), made a series of demands related to racial reparations and reportedly threatened consequences if the demands were not met.

this is what they want.

1. Businesses will adequately represent the black population of Louisville by having a minimum of 23% black staff (including management) in front of house positions, and maintain commitment and accountability to increasing that number (accountability roundtable information below).
  2. Retail locations will include a minimum of 23% inventory of black retailers OR make a recurring monthly donation of 1.5% of net sales to black local organizations.
  3. Business owners will require diversity, equity, & inclusion training for their staffs, to be conducted by any one of the black women leaders on the attached list. Training will be conducted thereafter on a bi-annual basis.
  4. Customize your own OR display one of the attached written statements in a viable location within your business to increase awareness and show support for the reparations movement.
  5. Non-profits in NuLu district will submit to a voluntary, external audit of their board of trustees and take necessary steps towards 23% representation on those boards.
  6. Business owners & non-profit leaders will participate in quarterly roundtable discussions to be held accountable for their communities to these demands, and work together towards increased equity.
  7. Maintain adequate black representation in any entertainment and performances booked at your business.
  8. Dress code policies inherently discriminate against black folks, women, and the transgender community. You must eliminate dress code policies that promote profiling towards patrons and employees, including their hair requirements or stipulations, which can disproportionately target black folks.
  9. 23% black representation on the board of the NuLu Business Association.

This is what happens if they "no".

• Reduction in Racial Index Score/bias report to the Better Business Bureau.
  • Social Media Blast: Notification, via all social media platforms, of non-compliance.
  • Boycott: Public boycott, coordinated through social media and mail announcements, of your NuLu establishment AND any other business ventures owned by you.
  • Protest: Visible, media-covered demonstration/sit-in outside your establishment.
  • Invasive Reclamation: Placement of booths/tables outside your establishment where competing Black proprietors will offer items comparable to those offered by you

this is what they want.

1. Businesses will adequately represent the black population of Louisville by having a minimum of 23% black staff (including management) in front of house positions, and maintain commitment and accountability to increasing that number (accountability roundtable information below).
  2. Retail locations will include a minimum of 23% inventory of black retailers OR make a recurring monthly donation of 1.5% of net sales to black local organizations.
  3. Business owners will require diversity, equity, & inclusion training for their staffs, to be conducted by any one of the black women leaders on the attached list. Training will be conducted thereafter on a bi-annual basis.
  4. Customize your own OR display one of the attached written statements in a viable location within your business to increase awareness and show support for the reparations movement.
  5. Non-profits in NuLu district will submit to a voluntary, external audit of their board of trustees and take necessary steps towards 23% representation on those boards.
  6. Business owners & non-profit leaders will participate in quarterly roundtable discussions to be held accountable for their communities to these demands, and work together towards increased equity.
  7. Maintain adequate black representation in any entertainment and performances booked at your business.
  8. Dress code policies inherently discriminate against black folks, women, and the transgender community. You must eliminate dress code policies that promote profiling towards patrons and employees, including their hair requirements or stipulations, which can disproportionately target black folks.

• Social Media Blast: Notification, via all social media platforms, of non-compliance.
  • Boycott: Public boycott, coordinated through social media and mail announcements, of your NuLu establishment AND any other business ventures owned by you.
  • Protest: Visible, media-covered demonstration/sit-in outside your establishment.
  • Invasive Reclamation: Placement of booths/tables outside your establishment where competing Black proprietors will offer items comparable to those offered by you

Trying to force a business to make hiring decisions and other impactful changes based upon race is backwards as fuck..And kinda fucking racist.

This country needs to be a colorblind meritocracy and these Marxist race pimps in BLM need to be told to fuck off with this bullshit.

Trying to force a business to make hiring decisions and other impactful changes based upon race is backwards as fuck..And kinda fucking racist.

Yes it is. The sad thing is that Biden stated he will choose a VP not based on ability or ideas, but on their gender and race. He insists his VP has to be a black woman. When something happens to Creepy Joe, she will be the one leading this country. She may be worthless, but she'll be black, and to a Democrat, that's all that matters and to hell with the country.

this is what they want.

then great. we will limit employment by race too.

how many players must be of each race to play in the NFL? and if we have X% that must be represented of every race, then we just adhere to these well thought out guidelines of how to hire people and ensure we are fair to all races by % of their population.

we still good? the mindset i mean. apply that to all businesses and lets see how people like it.

i really don't want to go eat chinese food make by a bunch of white boys.

this is what they want.

This country needs to be a colorblind meritocracy and these Marxist race pimps in BLM need to be told to fuck off with this bullshit.
i don't see your color, i see your heart. people are free to do what they want from there and the heart is still all i will see.

Why isn't BLM promoting and facilitating funding and investment into Black Entrepreneurship?
They are. The better question is why you are assuming they are not while knowing less than nothing about whether they are or not. I have a guess.

Got a link.
Sure do. Got google?

Not helping your argument. Put some substance into it.
What argument? I didn't forward an argument. Are you sure you know what that word means?

And i am not spoonfeeding you info just because you are too lazy to look it up yourself. If you are genuinely interested and didn't just make shit up to have something to say (which, you did, so this is a waste of time anyway), you will look it up.

Or don't. I will have a swell day, either way.

Why isn't BLM promoting and facilitating funding and investment into Black Entrepreneurship?
They are. The better question is why you are assuming they are not while knowing less than nothing about whether they are or not. I have a guess.

Got a link.
Sure do. Got google?

What argument? I didn't forward an argument. Are you sure you know what that word means?

And i am not spoonfeeding you info just because you are too lazy to look it up yourself. If you are genuinely interested and didn't just make shit up to have something to say (which, you did, so this is a waste of time anyway), you will look it up.

Laziness has nothing to do with it but relevance does. Google is a data lake to say the least. What specifically are you referring to? Link.

Got a link.
Sure do. Got google?

I did a search on “Black Lives Matter Investing in Black Owned businesses”. Returned many links on BLM “encouraging” support of Black owned businesses. So, now one has to wonder if you were sincere, truthful, or you simply hoped it exists by sending anyone who challenges you on a Google chase. Onus is on you.

I did a search on “Black Lives Matter Investing in Black Owned businesses”.
Well that was very stupid of you. They are not that kind of organization. Start over, and look up their efforts to attract investment and to steer government money toward black owned businesses.

Or don't.

You are full of shit. You said Black Lives Matter makes investments in Black owned business. I do the work you should have done in the first place (means you are the lazy one) to back your claim. You get exposed for lying and you are trying to back track and say “they are not that kind of organization” and call me “stupid” in a feeble attempt to mask your severe inadequacies. You got owned and exposed. We are done here.

Forum List

Back