Blind Squirrel Finds Acorn......Canada BANS foreign investors from buying property

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Canada BANS foreign investors from buying property after Chinese and Indian immigrants snap up property - pushing up average cost to $800,000.

A law barring foreigners from buying property in Canada went in effect Sunday.

The bill seeks to quell the country's housing crisis by prohibiting all outsiders - particularly investors - from purchasing property in the country's 10 provinces.

Passed by Parliament in June, the bill serves as a cornerstone of Trudeau’s proposal to cool speculation that saw home prices swell after the pandemic.

Canada bans foreign investors from buying property in the country

Smart move to protect sovereignty.....Dems, RINOs, and the cartel-like banks can't have that here.

Canada BANS foreign investors from buying property after Chinese and Indian immigrants snap up property - pushing up average cost to $800,000.

The bill seeks to quell the country's housing crisis by prohibiting all outsiders - particularly investors - from purchasing property in the country's 10 provinces.

Passed by Parliament in June, the bill serves as a cornerstone of Trudeau’s proposal to cool speculation that saw home prices swell after the pandemic.

Smart move to protect sovereignty.....Dems, RINOs, and the cartel-like banks can't have that here.

No they can't. We had some fucker name Trump sell a lot of property to our enemies. He just loved him some Chinese Communist Party, and Saudi Wahhabists.

No they can't. We had some fucker name Trump sell a lot of property to our enemies. He just loved him some Chinese Communist Party, and Saudi Wahhabists.

tds.png

That said, the law - which has received little attention from the mainstream media - has stirred some accusations of xenophobia as immigration numbers in Canada have recently hit all-time highs in Canada.

we're being invaded.....

~S~

I have been advocating for a citizenship requirement to own property in the US for as long as I can remember. I still do, and absolutely NO foreign government real estate ownership.
Maybe someone else can find it but I believe SCOTUS deemed preventing it unconstitutional many years ago.

I seem to remember hearing something about it back when the Chi-Coms bought-out Smithfield.

Last edited:

You know we are in deep doo-doo when Canada starts doing more sensible things than we are. American government of both parties continues letting China buy up our land and property and attack us with Fentanyl.
When it comes to China it's see nothing, say nothing, do nothing.

Even though it's socially responsible government action by Trudeau, I can't support it. There are too many downside issues with it that aren't being mentioned here.

Maybe someone else can find it but I believe SCOTUS deemed preventing it unconstitutional many years ago.

I seem to remember hearing something about it back when the Chi-Coms bought-out Smithfield.
I believe you are correct, but I don't agree. I think it would be a great amendment.

Many Chinese people use real estate in two ways.

First, in China, real estate is seen as a very safe investment, even safer than bank accounts. I read that in 2021, 88% of all new home purchases were made by people who already owned a home. This has led to massive speculation in Chinese real estate and the biggest market bubble on earth. The most expensive properties relative to income are all in China. And the most expensive properties outside of China are in cities that have a lot of Chinese real estate investors.

Second, they see it as a hedge against the government. I've been to China once, six years ago. I met with rich, successful people in China. And though they were all proud to be Chinese, every single one of them were trying to get their money out and their kids out. Every. Single. One. The Cultural Revolution was only 50 years ago. China is a 6,000 year-old civilization. They remember very clearly.

Forum List

Back