"Blind Luck" that no asteroids have done major damage

westwall

WHEN GUNS ARE BANNED ONLY THE RICH WILL HAVE GUNS
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2010
Nevada
Asteroids and their impacts are the one true threat to civilization as I have said repeatedly. Global warming is a fraud, there is no longer any doubt about that, but an asteroid impact is a very real threat and finally that fact is to be revealed.

"This Earth Day, Tuesday, April 22, three former NASA astronauts will present new evidence that our planet has experienced many more large-scale asteroid impacts over the past decade than previously thought… three to ten times more, in fact. A new visualization of data from a nuclear weapons warning network, to be unveiled by B612 Foundation CEO Ed Lu during the evening event at Seattle's Museum of Flight, shows that "the only thing preventing a catastrophe from a 'city-killer' sized asteroid is blind luck.

"Since 2001, 26 atomic-bomb-scale explosions have occurred in remote locations around the world, far from populated areas, made evident by a nuclear weapons test warning network."
Read more at: Astronauts to reveal sobering data on asteroid impacts

Astronauts to reveal sobering data on asteroid impacts

"..new evidence that our planet has experienced many more large-scale asteroid impacts over the past decade than previously thought…"

Basic deductive logic can demonstrate that there have been a huge number of impacts. Just look at the surface of the moon. If the moon had oceans and plate tectonics, most of the impact evidence would have been erased by natural processes. Instead, the evidence is there to see. Count up the moon impacts, upscale it for the greater gravitational capture of the earth and poof...there is the number of earth impacts.

Straight forward math problem.

Oops, minus those impacts where the atmosphere causes the incoming rock to explode before it reaches the surface. My bad.

Is there a map that shows the locations?

Not that I have been able to find yet. When I do I'll post it.

I believe the last one hit in a remote region in Russia. I believe we could be hit by an asteroid in the future. It isn't impossible. I disagree with comment - it has been blind luck that has prevented such a thing from happening so far.

Hard to imagine a worse disaster than Oba....er, ok nevermind

Forum List

Back