Black professor gets hate mail after revealing cops do NOT shoot at Blacks more than Whites

1miseryindex

Platinum Member
Nov 17, 2023
USA

Wow..

I hate to sound like my grandfather

but What's the world coming to?

It's getting so TRUTH is a 4 letter word, punishable by jail time or some equivalent
What's the world coming to?
Going to hell in a hand basket in my opinion.
Make sure the voice of normalcy is heard.

Last edited:

Wow..

It's getting so TRUTH is a 4 letter word, punishable by jail time or some equivalent
From your link:

The study found that police were more than twice as likely to manhandle, beat or use some other kind of nonfatal force against blacks and Hispanics than against people of other races. However, the data also determined that officers were 23.8 percent less likely to shoot at blacks and 8.5 percent less likely to shoot at Hispanics than they were to shoot at whites.

So the obvious conclusion is that there is clearly racial bias...however it is not exhibited in the shooting stats...just all the other forms of physical abuse. I do have some curiosity as to why this professor stepped so far out of his area of expertise, he's an economics guy, after all. I wonder if he considered the correlation between income and police abuse.
Anyway, his study in no way shows that there is no racial bias in policing in the Houston area, quite the opposite.

Certainly, one cannot really draw any wide-ranging conclusions based on one small study by someone who does not have a proven competence in this field~

FYI..this same professor was suspended for two years from Harvard for sexual abuse~

Rubbish. The obvious conclusion to anybody with an IQ over 12 is that blacks and latinos commit far more crimes, especially violent crimes, relative to their percentage of the population. Everybody knows it, so why be so stupid as to lie about it?
That has absolutely nothing to do with the study, its results or indeed the topic.
This is just you being the racist POS that we all know you to be.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the study, its results or indeed the topic.
This is just you being the racist POS that we all know you to be.

More rubbish. Doubling down on Stupid and lying is no way to go through life, kid. Well, it is in corporate and govt. bureaucracies, but not here. I'm not a Democrat, so the racist claim is just silly.

From your link:

The study found that police were more than twice as likely to manhandle, beat or use some other kind of nonfatal force against blacks and Hispanics than against people of other races. However, the data also determined that officers were 23.8 percent less likely to shoot at blacks and 8.5 percent less likely to shoot at Hispanics than they were to shoot at whites.

So the obvious conclusion is that there is clearly racial bias...
I'd rather be manhandled than shot

just sayin

The fact is more whites are shot by cops.
Is your assertion about the absolute number or the percentage as regards all officer related shootings?

In an analysis of 4,653 fatal shootings for which information about both race and age were available, the researchers found a small but statistically significant decline in white deaths (about 1%) but no significant change in deaths for BIPOC. There were 5,367 fatal police shootings during that five-year period, according to the Post’s database. In the case of armed victims, Native Americans were killed by police at a rate three times that of white people (77 total killed). Black people were killed at 2.6 times the rate of white people (1,265 total killed); and Hispanics were killed at nearly 1.3 times the rate of white people (889 total killed). Among unarmed victims, Black people were killed at three times the rate (218 total killed), and Hispanics at 1.45 times the rate of white people (146 total killed).
“Those killed by police on average are young people — the average age for all victims is 34,” Boatright said. “For Black people, the average age is 30.” For Hispanics killed, the average age is 33; for Native Americans, 31; and for white people, 38.

Rubbish. The obvious conclusion to anybody with an IQ over 12 is that blacks and latinos commit far more crimes, especially violent crimes, relative to their percentage of the population. Everybody knows it, so why be so stupid as to lie about it?

You're making way too much sense there Dudley. Your account has been flagged.

. I do have some curiosity as to why this professor stepped so far out of his area of expertise, he's an economics guy, after all.
It's social science.

Economics is a broad way of looking at data, and policy wonks, often look at things in a unique way.

If you have not read this book, or this blog, I highly recommend it. I don't recommend it for MAGAs or neocons though. You have to be a free thinker, or an independent and curious person to appreciate it. . .

1708124208975.png

Wow..

LOL, Of course, all hell broke loose. Put out a flawed study and there would be pushbacks. Why won't there be?

But I doubt someone threatened him. Who would gain if he was killed? The report was already published. Heck, do you think the average joe is concerned that a Harvard professor sitting in his ivory tower published a book report? :laughing0301:

But it does make for a good story. Put out a flawed report and then whine that he was threatened. LOL.

LOL, Of course, all hell broke loose. Put out a flawed study and of course, there would be pushbacks. Why won't there be?

But I doubt someone threatened him. Who would gain if he was killed? The report was already published.

But it does make for a good story. Put out a flawed report and then whine that they have been threatened. LOL.
The interesting thing is that his study clearly shows racial bias in policing in the Houston area. They took one stat..shootings...and used a statistical anomaly to present a false conclusion, while ignoring all the other indices that clearly showed bias--in his own study!
Threats? I would have expected horse-laughs all around.

Of course, the only evidence of these 'threats', is the word of someone booted for sexual abuse~

The interesting thing is that his study clearly shows racial bias in policing in the Houston area. They took one stat..shootings...and used a statistical anomaly to present a false conclusion, while ignoring all the other indices that clearly showed bias--in his own study!
Threats? I would have expected horse-laughs all around.

Of course, the only evidence of these 'threats', is the word of someone booted for sexual abuse~
Here is a great analysis of his study. Published by his Harvard colleagues, no less.

lol about as dumb as all those 'peer reviewed science studies' by faggots reviewing their fellow faggots 'science' about how wonderful and 'normal' faggots are.
That's the spirit. Trash talk gays. No matter if it isn't in context.

This way no one will ever suspect you of being one. Although, have a feeling everyone around you already knows... :itsok:

Forum List

Back