Black Fragility at the University of Michigan

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Ohhhhhhhhhh no, black students had to endure seeing Lawrence Olivier in blackface from the 1965 film Othello!!!!

By the way, this professor had to endure true oppression.

U. of Michigan music professor removed from class after students complain about being shown Shakespeare film featuring blackface

To be fair, that professor was really, really, really stupid to show that film.

He knows how certain folks are super sensitive about everything.

How they will become angry over the slightest perceived insult.

This is 2021.

You had better be super careful what you say or how you look at certain folks.

Last edited:
Ohhhhhhhhhh no, black students had to endure seeing Lawrence Olivier in blackface from the 1965 film Othello!!!!

U. of Michigan music professor removed from class after students complain about being shown Shakespeare film featuring blackface

Well, I don't know what a MUSIC prof. is doing showing the Olivier Othello. It's not a musical, after all! I wonder if he was being deliberately provocative. However, I have seen the Olivier version and it is quite good; but so is the later (black) Laurence Fishburne version. If somebody wanted to be PC, they could show that one. We should be able to see either version and like both.

This reminds me of the excellent film Stage Beauty, set in the 1600s after the return of Charles II to the throne when a lot of things about the theater changed. The whole thing turns around Othello and the theater owner (who is of course white in 1600s London) is asked on the street if he was in the play by a confused theater-goer and he says yes, he played Othello. Maximum utter confusion by his questioner and he sighs and says slowly and patiently, "See, I'm not really black. I used makeup to look black."

Yet Democrats, including black Democrats, worked very hard to make sure this guy kept his job in 2018:

1633719912415.png

This is 2021.

It's saddening to see people like you honestly.

You're saying "oh you can't do that or say that anymore" which goes to show you not only tell people they can't say or do something, but it also shows you hide as well and afraid to say and think what you want.

People like you are the reason we can't say and think what we want, because you won't do it. Everytime someone thinks "oh I'll offend someone" we all get weaker.

You make us all softer and submissive, your help make us all cucks because you won't speak your mind.

It's saddening to see people like you honestly.

You're saying "oh you can't do that or say that anymore" which goes to show you not only tell people they can't say or do something, but it also shows you hide as well and afraid to say and think what you want.

People like you are the reason we can't say and think what we want, because you won't do it. Everytime someone thinks "oh I'll offend someone" we all get weaker.

You make us all softer and submissive, your help make us all cucks because you won't speak your mind.
You are absolutely right!

This is 2021.

If you speak your mind, the Dems will crush you. (Ask former President Trump.)

So if you want to be banned from the Internet or fired from your job, go right ahead and speak your mind.

Good luck to you!

This is 2021.

Brobots

"Pretend They Offend" is the marching order given to Afram "students" by their White sponsors.

From the article:

"I was shocked that (Sheng) would show something like this in something that’s supposed to be a safe space.”

LMAO!!!!!

A lot of these over-sensitive fucking blacks spend their entire day looking for some idiotic thing to act 'offended' about.

Fuck 'em. They overdo it so much, they're laughable.

This is 2021.

Shakespeare-Chucker

Othello was not Black; he was an Arab. His race was changed to fit political correctness. Another example of this pushy misinterpretation is the claim that Huckleberry Finn was having a homosexual relationship with the escaped slave on the raft.

You are absolutely right!

This is 2021.

If you speak your mind, the Dems will crush you. (Ask former President Trump.)

So if you want to be banned from the Internet or fired from your job, go right ahead and speak your mind.

Good luck to you!
Repubs need to elect a lot more people who are like Progs. They need to put judges in the courts that are like Prog judges. There is not much more that can be done in peaceful ways then that. The cities control the rural areas in messaging. Broadcast transmissions are 24 hours a day and non stop on Prog agendas.

Shakespeare-Chucker

Othello was not Black; he was an Arab. His race was changed to fit political correctness. Another example of this pushy misinterpretation is the claim that Huckleberry Finn was having a homosexual relationship with the escaped slave on the raft.
Whoa!

The first time that I have heard that Huckleberry and the other person were more than friends!

Of course, we have long wondered about Batman & Robin.

But I am not sure about the Lone Ranger & Tonto!

Forum List

Back