Black driver issued warning for driving 65mph in a 70mph zone

Minimum speed limit for a 70 mph on highways in Florida is 50 mph, not 65.

The police interrogations is what got me. There was no reason for the driver to be questioned in that manner no matter what his race.

I just find it hard to believe that some are defending the cop. The driver should not have been pulled over period.

The cop initially said.......I was concerned about your safety. Just checking to see if you are OK. He should have just let him go at that point.

But to continue questioning and issue a formal WARNING for obeying the law is abusive.

Cop thought he was high.
He gave no indication of being high.
He was lucid enough to realize his rights were being violated and to record it.

Watch an hour of Live PD and you will see this same line of questioning to drivers regardless of race.
It seems the goal is to turn a simple traffic stop into a search.
It is fishing and doesn't happen to just blacks.
Drivers are stupid.

The ones I always laugh at are where a cop asks if he can search your car. The driver says.....sure
Then they find drugs

If you have drugs, why would you consent to a search?
It is a purposeful Catch 22.
You have the right to refuse a search. Then they call in the K9 that circles the car. If alerted cops now have probable cause for a search.
I guess the cop could possibly miss what the dog won't.

I don't agree with this policy, but the courts have decided this intrusion is justified. More erosion of liberty thanks to the Drug war.
I would find the questioning by the officer in the video annoying and intrusive also. Since when do we have to justify our travels to anyone?

Personally I haven't been stopped in years except for DNR checks for my boat or fishing license and those are usually friendly without an interrogation.

The police interrogations is what got me. There was no reason for the driver to be questioned in that manner no matter what his race.

I just find it hard to believe that some are defending the cop. The driver should not have been pulled over period.
...no one is defending the cop--we are pointing out the ludicrous-ness of it being a racial problem ..it's not even been proven he was pulled over because of race
please note the TITLE of the thread:
BLACK
Blacks get pulled over at a disproportionate rate than whites do. There is nothing in being black that makes you a worse driver.

In this case, the cop was looking for an excuse to question a black driver. Not because he thinks his driving is suspect but that he thinks he will be able to file more serious charges.

That is why he asked so many questions.
....WRONG--you haven't proven whites are not stopped for the same/similar infractions at the ''same'' rates

...no one is defending the cop--we are pointing out the ludicrous-ness of it being a racial problem ..it's not even been proven he was pulled over because of race
BLACK
Blacks get pulled over at a disproportionate rate than whites do. There is nothing in being black that makes you a worse driver.

In this case, the cop was looking for an excuse to question a black driver. Not because he thinks his driving is suspect but that he thinks he will be able to file more serious charges.

hahahhahahahah
......just like 99% of these cases, it has nothing to do with race--except when the black goes apeshit

OK that sounds bad, but what if he was camped out in the left lane going slow and backing up traffic and creating problems behind him?
There are ALWAYS people in the left lane going at least 5 miles below the speed limit.
And they should ALWAYS receive warnings. They needlessly create traffic congestion and irritated drivers that start passing on the right.

BLACK

unless you have proof, race was involved for the stop,--your argument is ridiculous

BLACK
I will admit I have been pulled over for stupid stuff. Not wearing a seat belt in a twenty mile an hour zone once. I was going the speed limit. So that does happen.

There is no question that police will sometimes pull over people for no good reason. Was this individual pulled over because he was black? Police have been known to profile black drivers. I don’t think anyone will seriously deny that. Was that the case here? I Don’t know. I can’t read a man’s soul. Though his interrogation was beyond the pale and raises these type questions.

Last edited:

BLACK
I will admit I have been pulled over for stupid stuff. Not wearing a seat belt in a twenty mile an hour zone once. I was going the speed limit. So that does happen.

There is no question that police will sometimes pull over people for no good reason. Was this individual pulled over because he was black? Police have been known to profile black drivers. I don’t think anyone will seriously deny that. Was that the case here? I Don’t know. I can’t read a man’s soul. Though his interrogation was beyond the pale and raises questions.
correct-you can't prove it was racial--just like many of the other incidents the MSM over hypes....

Watch an hour of Live PD and you will see this same line of questioning to drivers regardless of race.
It seems the goal is to turn a simple traffic stop into a search.
It is fishing and doesn't happen to just blacks.
Drivers are stupid.

The ones I always laugh at are where a cop asks if he can search your car. The driver says.....sure
Then they find drugs

If you have drugs, why would you consent to a search?
It is a purposeful Catch 22.
You have the right to refuse a search. Then they call in the K9 that circles the car. If alerted cops now have probable cause for a search.
I guess the cop could possibly miss what the dog won't.

I don't agree with this policy, but the courts have decided this intrusion is justified. More erosion of liberty thanks to the Drug war.
I would find the questioning by the officer in the video annoying and intrusive also. Since when do we have to justify our travels to anyone?

Personally I haven't been stopped in years except for DNR checks for my boat or fishing license and those are usually friendly without an interrogation.

The K-9 unit has to be available. If the K9 shows up and alerts to something, you can always challenge the constitutionality of the search.

But once you consent to the cops searching your car, you have no rights.

BLACK

There is no question that police will sometimes pull over people for no good reason. Was this individual pulled over because he was black? Police have been known to profile black drivers. I don’t think anyone will seriously deny that. Was that the case here? I Don’t know. I can’t read a man’s soul. Though his interrogation was beyond the pale and raises these type questions.
His interrogation was an obvious fishing expedition. Looking for an excuse to investigate further.

He would not even tell the driver what he was pulled over for until he was presented with documentation.

You are supposed to establish a legal stop BEFORE you request documentation.

Traffic signs say, SPEED LIMIT 65 MILES, SPEED LIMIT 25 MILES, this means you drive at 60 miles per hour or 23 miles per hour, you are fine.

Those traffic signs are not saying you must drive reaching the speed limit but you must drive at the stipulated speed limit of under.

The warning ticket should be given to a driver who goes at 45 miles per hour in a 70 miles speed limit highway because is perturbing the easy flow of traffic.

But going at 65 miles per hour definitively is not a speed to receive a warning ticket in a 70 miles speed limit highway. The young and white police officer obtained what he wanted: making the car driver having a bad moment in his life and about 15 minutes of wasted time.

The video show a racist police officer. This video reminds me how racists are as well police officers and even judges in Arlington Virginia. Same arrogant attitude, never recognizing they make mistakes and judges declaring guilty to innocent people just to cover up the incompetence of their police officers.

A policeman friend once told me that if he wanted to stop a car to check it out and do it legally. No matter how much the driver thought he was driving perfectly. All he needed to do is follow the car for a couple of miles and the driver would inevitably commit a driving violation. Which would allow the policeman to pull the car over to search it and question the driver. ... :cool:

Last edited:
Traffic signs say, SPEED LIMIT 65 MILES, SPEED LIMIT 25 MILES, this means you drive at 60 miles per hour or 23 miles per hour, you are fine.

Those traffic signs are not saying you must drive reaching the speed limit but you must drive at the stipulated speed limit of under.

The warning ticket should be given to a driver who goes at 45 miles per hour in a 70 miles speed limit highway because is perturbing the easy flow of traffic.

But going at 65 miles per hour definitively is not a speed to receive a warning ticket in a 70 miles speed limit highway. The young and white police officer obtained what he wanted: making the car driver having a bad moment in his life and about 15 minutes of wasted time.

The video show a racist police officer. This video reminds me how racists are as well police officers and even judges in Arlington Virginia. Same arrogant attitude, never recognizing they make mistakes and judges declaring guilty to innocent people just to cover up the incompetence of their police officers.

I liked how instead of handing the driver the warning and explaining what it was, he just threw it at him and walked off.

The driver had to get out and walk back to the patrol car to ask...WTF?

A policeman friend once told me that if he wanted to stop a car to check out and do it legally. No matter how much the driver thought he was driving perfectly. All he needed to do is follow the car for a couple of miles and the driver would inevitably make a mistake, which would allow the policeman to pull the car over to search it and question the driver. ... :cool:
I think one of those dudes tried it once with me.

He followed me -as you say-, for about two miles. I turned right, he did the same, I turned left, he was following me, I turned left again, and he continued behind me. My good luck came when a car in front of me stop suddenly in a corner and I did the same. The police car almost hit me as well. The first car had trouble moving and I was trapped between cars. The police car decided to move away.

I did the same and I followed the police car for a while. The game was unworthy, I just turned right, catch up with my way and kept going regularly.

I liked how instead of handing the driver the warning and explaining what it was, he just threw it at him and walked off.

The driver had to get out and walk back to the patrol car to ask...WTF?
Just look at the scenario.

Young, inexperienced police officer, and driving alone...a real danger for drivers.

Forum List

Back