Zone1 Black couple shows the true meaning of family adopting a White boy.

I had a friend that fostered 20+ kids. They weren't all the same race.

He was a helluva dude. I wish they still made 'em like that.

I wasn't raised by my real parents and as a result I was denied my culture until I reached adulthood. That's the reason I oppose interracial adoption.
IMO the hang up on culture is kind of dumb.

It's just as way to keep people separate and to keep believing that we are more different than alike.

1705245228074.png

IMO the hang up on culture is kind of dumb.

It's just as way to keep people separate and to keep believing that we are more different than alike.
Is the forced assimilation of Native Americans dumb as well?

Forced assimilation is the hatred of another culture that runs so deep, we were not allowed to practice our traditions. We were forced into the white mans culture by any means necessary. They stole our children. They cut our hair ( sacred in our culture) they tried to “ beat the Indian” out of us. They forced religion on us.
They tortured our children.

Do you think that’s right?

Forced assimilation is the hatred of another culture that runs so deep, we were not allowed to practice our traditions. We were forced into the white mans culture by any means necessary. They stole our children. They cut our hair ( sacred in our culture) they tried to “ beat the Indian” out of us. They forced religion on us.

Forced anything is not desirable.

But culture is nothing but the society you were raised in. There is nothing magic or especially meaningful about it.

That never happened to YOU.

Forum List

Back