Zone1 Black couple shows the true meaning of family adopting a White boy.

The jury is still out with these kids. Is it a success? So far. Who knows what sorts of issues will crop up as they grow older? There are very few previous cases to compare.

The jury is still out with these kids. Is it a success? So far. Who knows what sorts of issues will crop up as they grow older? There are very few previous cases to compare.
There are lots of cases of interracial adoptions.

Good for them.

Seems like a feel good story that some feel compelled to shit on.

We actually need more stories like this in color obsessed America.

I asked about it because I didn't read it. Your post suggested you had.
No. My post was a quip about the liberal concern that white parents who adopt black children should take pains to raise those adoptees as black (in terms of “culture” and similar items of “blackness”).

I asked a rhetorical question about that — and didn’t imply that I read the piece.

If you want the answer, there’s no need to ask me. Go read the piece.

were your parents from a different race ?.. i assume by your previous post that you are Native American .
I wasn't raised by my real parents and as a result I was denied my culture until I reached adulthood. That's the reason I oppose interracial adoption.

It may be acceptable in your culture, but not in mine. We have had thousands of our children stolen from us. We can not and should not allow it. That is the reason behind ICWA.
Your kids got a free education and proper nutrition. You went from the literal stone age to the twentieth century in one generation. I’m not saying there wasn’t some injustice but but it was a clash of civilizations, same as has played out thousands of time in history.

Two scenarios. The first, the boarding schools never happened. Do you think Native Americans would have been better off never integrating? Second scenario, the Europeans never arrived in the Americas. By now the Aztecs or the Asians would have subjugated your people, and there would be none of you left. You are welcome to introduce a third scenario if you have one.

Forum List

Back